Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts: 74 Employee Reviews

Canada74 reviews

Did not like it

Poor managementBad task allocationToxic managerLow payLow team moraleTeam was goodGood benefitGreat campusGood learning opportunityBig brand name

Fun and comfortable

Environment was friendly. Everyone was very welcoming and open to new ideas. They provide constructive feedback on how to improve. Good management team.

Insights into Electronic Arts

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Scummy company, great people

The office I worked had a wonderful office culture, lovely friendly, supportive people, but after being acquired by EA we all know that it is coming to an end. While the product was always scummy, freemium shovelware, the people and even previous management was lovely, but are slowly being forced out and changed by EA

Positive, Productive Workplace with Room for Improvement

Diversity is something that I immediately recognized during those first few weeks. The environment is open, creative, there is always something going on... it's a fun place with numerous opportunitiess to develop new skills... it's also very professional in its approach to employee training and career advancement. The pace is fast and the work is exciting. Make good use of your time if you are hired as a temporary contract worker.

Pros

Free dinner and dessert every Friday, free gym

Cons

Temporary contracts

safe heaven for entry level artists

pros : good people, work life balancecons : some managers have poor understanding of their work and artist's career path. net salary is low compared to other EA world studios

It's a fun ride but don't expect it to last

It's an amazing place and I loved my time there. But they hire graduates and work them hard then dispose of them so a new wave can come in. Corporate culture is to make the next title a success. That's it. When they're done with you you can expect to be shown the door with barely time to pack your belongings. But do it anyway. It's a fantastic experience while it lasts.

Pros

Lots of perquisites. Fascinating field. Contributing to something big. Fun environment.

Cons

Work-life balance. All or nothing approach to managing people.

overall a great place to work and lots of perks

I dont believe there are many opportunities to grow on the management side unless you are will to relocate. The people are nice and there are some high end management personnel to tend to but in general its a great team.

Pros

Lots of perks and great benifits

Cons

No room for advancement/growth

Liked working here but contracts make job much worse

Great environment and team, dog friendly environment (burnaby) Contracts are terrible for starting employees, contracting company doesn't really have an understanding of what's going on

very cool place to work

EA is a fast paced and very exciting company to work at. They are very supportive for their workers. The building is fascinating. I appreciated working for such a strong international company, even if for a short time.

great if you bring skills

not so great if your not seen as impactful, can cause a massive delta on salary and bonus. Pace can be hard and you can feel like your moved around so much to cover gaps and issues caused by poor planning by management.

Excellent workplace

Great place to work. Highly recommended. Good management and lots of opportunity to learn. Dog friendly work environment! Emphasis is more on the quality of work than maintaining a formal office environment.

Old school management

Culture of the company is so poor. Bad experience so far. I wouldn’t come back to work anymore If you wanna retire, please go there. If you wanna learn some thing, please leave

Management is unstable

- Give different people different guidelines in selecting leaders. Not as inclusive nor equal as they are advertising. - Work content is not equivalent to pay grade, you need to take on a lot more but pay is not equal. - Work environment is good. - Most of people are good. - Dog friendly place.

Not big on recognition and advancement

Hard to get recognized for achievements. Setbacks on the other hand are quickly pointed out and used against advancement. On the positive side, facilities are awesome with indoor gym and basketball court. Many training programs and equipments available.

Awesome workplace with amazing team and facilities

Worked at EA under a yearly contract and was very pleased. Prior to working here, I heard a lot of negative things about the company, but none of that was present on the team I was on. I can't say the same about every team though and there are a ton of them. The team I was surrounded with was amazingly helpful. Hours were okay for the most part, there were moments were the team had to kick it into another gear and work more than expected (varies team to team though). The facilities were amazing. Access to a gymnasium, and weight room. Eco and Dog friendly workplace. Cafeteria was solid. etc. Overall, they really care about your mental well-being and ability to be productive. A lot of what makes the work more enjoyable are the people around you and I was fortunate to work with some great people.

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work and grow. The campus is large and has ping pong tables, pool tables, and there's even an indoor gym. Full of self-driven employees.

Fun place to work and you interact with a lot of smart people

Working at the Burnaby campus came with a lot of perks. Employees were able to bring dogs to work. Access to really nice gym, very convenient. It’s fast paced and a good place to learn and grow.

Great work environment

EA Canada is a massive studio, but the people I have meet are great and the Artists are very talented. I enjoyed my time there and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about applying. Overtime seemed to be optional.

Experiences may vary

Ambiguous question, it always depend on your role and desire. Manage your career, or someone else will. (Indeed requires 150 characters to complete this portion.)

fantastic place

I am, very grateful for had this amazing opportunity to work at this AAA big giant of the Market. Always the things can be improved, but I think the Company walking very good and I wish the guys listen to the new generation as a good sign of the taste for games of the Customers worldwide

Excellent Team Atmosphere and Challenging Work

Work hard play hard. A great mantra for EA. Management is some of the best in the industry. Great group of diversity and talents. Long hours but the reward is seeing our creations take shape.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Arts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement