Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

Canada65 reviews
great if you bring skills
not so great if your not seen as impactful, can cause a massive delta on salary and bonus. Pace can be hard and you can feel like your moved around so much to cover gaps and issues caused by poor planning by management.
Excellent workplace
Great place to work. Highly recommended. Good management and lots of opportunity to learn. Dog friendly work environment! Emphasis is more on the quality of work than maintaining a formal office environment.
Old school management
Culture of the company is so poor. Bad experience so far. I wouldn’t come back to work anymore

If you wanna retire, please go there.

If you wanna learn some thing, please leave
Management is unstable
- Give different people different guidelines in selecting leaders. Not as inclusive nor equal as they are advertising.
- Work content is not equivalent to pay grade, you need to take on a lot more but pay is not equal.

- Work environment is good.

- Most of people are good.

- Dog friendly place.
Not big on recognition and advancement
Hard to get recognized for achievements. Setbacks on the other hand are quickly pointed out and used against advancement.
On the positive side, facilities are awesome with indoor gym and basketball court. Many training programs and equipments available.
Awesome workplace with amazing team and facilities
Worked at EA under a yearly contract and was very pleased. Prior to working here, I heard a lot of negative things about the company, but none of that was present on the team I was on. I can't say the same about every team though and there are a ton of them. The team I was surrounded with was amazingly helpful. Hours were okay for the most part, there were moments were the team had to kick it into another gear and work more than expected (varies team to team though).

The facilities were amazing. Access to a gymnasium, and weight room. Eco and Dog friendly workplace. Cafeteria was solid. etc.

Overall, they really care about your mental well-being and ability to be productive. A lot of what makes the work more enjoyable are the people around you and I was fortunate to work with some great people.
Productive and fun workplace
Great place to work and grow. The campus is large and has ping pong tables, pool tables, and there's even an indoor gym. Full of self-driven employees.
Fun place to work and you interact with a lot of smart people
Working at the Burnaby campus came with a lot of perks. Employees were able to bring dogs to work. Access to really nice gym, very convenient. It’s fast paced and a good place to learn and grow.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Electronic Arts?
Great work environment
EA Canada is a massive studio, but the people I have meet are great and the Artists are very talented. I enjoyed my time there and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about applying. Overtime seemed to be optional.
Experiences may vary
Ambiguous question, it always depend on your role and desire.
Manage your career, or someone else will.

(Indeed requires 150 characters to complete this portion.)
fantastic place
I am, very grateful for had this amazing opportunity to work at this AAA big giant of the Market.
Always the things can be improved, but I think the Company walking very good and I wish the guys listen to the new generation as a good sign of the taste for games of the Customers worldwide
Excellent Team Atmosphere and Challenging Work
Work hard play hard. A great mantra for EA. Management is some of the best in the industry. Great group of diversity and talents. Long hours but the reward is seeing our creations take shape.
Great company, great environment
Great company, great environment. young, dynamic and fast-growing studio, team members have the unique opportunity to help shape its culture into one aligned with their own. It also offers the best of two worlds
Great place to start your career
Pros

-Great facilities

-Smart people to work with

-Triple A projects

-Free games

-Get to learn the latest industry technology and workflow

Cons

-No direct communication. Have to go through layers of hierarchy

to reach to the top
Fun environment to be in
Dream job, for a gamer! Requires a lot of hours but the pay off is great if you are into teamwork and accomplishing goals.

Company treats employees well, food trucks, great food, and bonuses for goals met.
Pros
free video games
Cons
time consuming
fun workplace
EA Canada's Burnaby location offers a large campus environment with cafeteria, gym, soccer field, onsite underground parking. It is a casual office environment.
Pros
beer fridays
Le environnement de travail productif est bonne
Il faut respecter le travail et l heure du travail
Fun place to work
Loved working in EA, I learned a lot and loved my job. It was a perfect place that provided work life balance. Highly recommend everyone to work in EA.
Pros
Good learning opportunities, Parental Insurance
Cons
Growth in the company
Amazing But Temporary
They say that if you can get on as a Regular Fulltime Employee -- fantastic! The employee health benefits and perks are great. However, landing a RFT job isn't easy. Mine was a TFT job and it came with all the bells and whistles -- access to everything I needed to get my job done. Cool tech, cool toys. Cool people.
Pros
Fun!
Cons
Far!
Great People Making Great Products
Over several years at EA I had some pretty amazing experiences. I was able to explore many paths and roles with quite a bit of support. As with any corporation, making any types of large scale changes is difficult and slow, but possible with the proper support.
I would have to say that the best part of the job was working with such talented people on such amazing products.

I would recommend EA to those starting out. Moving into a higher level role can be more difficult as people at the top don't tend to move out and climbing the ladder can feel more like standing in place for years at a time.
Pros
People, Culture, Products, Environment, Challenge
Cons
Ability to move up, Support from management, instigating change
Excellent place to work
Great, supportive managment, terrific work/life balance, amazing perks. Awesome team environment and work atmosphere. I would highly recommend this as a place to work.