Elections Ontario Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Revisions Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2018
It was a great place to work, sadly it only comes around during election time. early voting days got very busy but the management had trained us for days before early voting started.
Pros
good hours, great pay
Cons
seasonal work
Great workplace culture.
Reception and Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
I had a very pleasant experience at Elections Ontario. There was lots of support and training and I really enjoyed the people with whom I worked. Things got busy around election time but otherwise it wasn't bad and there were always lots of snacks.
Good temporary work experience
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 November 2017
Only taking place on the day of election, my job as a Deputy Returning Officer was overall an enjoyable experience. The job involved receiving voters at the poll station and processing them through the voting process, maintaining elections supplies and overseeing the end ballot count.
Pros
Meet others who are also passionate in the elections process
Great temporary work
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Elora, ON21 November 2017
A great place to work on a temporary basis. The hours and long and can be tedious, but the pay is good with thorough, paid training. Excellent work for a people-person looking to gain experience.
Pros
Good pay, paid training
Dedicated professionals
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 November 2017
The people working at Elections Ontario have a personal dedication to what they're doing... one of the most important jobs in the province. I've loved working someplace where what I do really matters, and I see the same spirit in the people around me.
Pros
sense of satisfaction, fun workplace, real community
Cons
lots of contract work; people coming and going
lots of people leaving
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 November 2017
Negative, toxic environment that a lot of people leave, but a good place for a contractor because you can get new skills and work on interesting projects. Not a lot of links to other government departments, though, so you can't leverage the opportunity for others very well.
Pros
freedom to do your work
Cons
disorganized management, immature management and system models
Learning experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 November 2017
Work is manageable but there is no proper cubical to work in. Most people are nice and helpful. Management is helpful for most part. Work environment is good.
Elections
Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON1 November 2017
• Assisted Canadian voters on Election Day by running an information desk at one of the local poll stations.
• Was responsible for helping individuals from all walks of life as well as maintaining confidentiality of all of their personal information.
Excellent environment and great management allowed for very productive workplace
DBA/Senior Programmer Analyst (consultant) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
- Have a coffee; check email and get down to work.
- Excellent management allowed for great productivity
- Elections Ontario provided good benefits for its employees as well as flexible working hours. Demonstrates respect for ones' religious believes. Even provided a place for prayer
- The hardest part of my job was my obsession with double and triple checking SQL Scripts written to generate Voters' lists. The need to generate the correct voters' list for a riding/part of riding.
- I enjoyed the people I worked with on this assignment and seeing the election's result coming in on election night.
Data entry
Revising Agent (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON23 September 2017
This first part of this job consisted of door to door greetings, to update all residents in that specified area.The second part consisted of pure data entry. I got experience with customer service and learned how to type faster and more accurately. This job made me more familiar with various cultures, religions, and race. The hardest part of the job was long hours and tired feet as I was determined to complete areas. The most enjoyable part was working in the community, meeting different people.
Pros
Good experience for customer service and data entry.
interesting
Voting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 September 2017
set up voting desk at voting destinations, collect votes. return votes at vote collection location, count votes. if you are working a table with a partner you know then the time isn't too bad.
Pros
easy
Cons
longish.. hours
The organization responds to the needs of the Ontario Elections act.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
There is flurry of activity during times of provincial elections. Internal procedures can change according to the competencies of the Chief Elections Officer who can be appointed for each provincial elections. The procedures at electoral offices can changes depending on the competences of the Chief Electoral Officer (CIO).
Pros
The strengths of internal procedures depend on the CIO
Cons
Internal processes can change for each new election
Helpful training provided
Polling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON24 July 2017
Long hours but positive training environment with possibility for future employment contracts. A great learning opportunity and a fun way to meet new people.
Good Experience
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 June 2017
The job gave me more work experience and allowed me to use me previous work experience to perform the duties the duties of the job. It was a very stressful job.
Fun and caring environment
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON13 June 2017
Fun and caring environment polite staffing I would refer any one to the elections Ontario as it will help you with extra money in your pocket as well as help you with experience for your resume and any future jobs as it is a government job, the elections Ontario is also a good job to help people get out into the community and help them get over there fears no matter if it is a fear of people a fear of crowds etc. The best part of the job is getting to help with the community and help the people in the community that are he legal age to vote with voting for the person that they want to vote for. Working for this company is a great way to get yourself out there and to build up your resume so you people can get a good job in the near future
Pros
Extra Cash In Your Pocket
Cons
Long Hours
job summary
Calls Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
A typical day involves ensuring that voters show proper ID before issuing them a ballot. It requires good communication skills and a good understanding of the voting process.
Easy and chill work
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
This wasn't a real job just a one day thing. The work was boring and repetitive but I had a really cool partner that made the day fun. You get a lot of money out of it for such a small task. So it's worth doing if you have a day to spare.
Pros
Good money, easy
Cons
Long, boring
Nice Job,Long day but it was fun
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
I had a blast, one day for the "educating" part, then when the day comes its a LONG DAY,but its only a day. Nice people though, no problems. Got paid a decent amount.
Cons
Long hour-just one day though
Nice temporary position
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2017
Great temporary position to have on the side. Good training and relatively easy learning curve. Pay is good for the short term. Meaningful work for the municipal government.
Fun place to be at with a great working environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 February 2017
My time with Elections Ontario was very fun and memorable, first of all this place had a very great working environment. We started our day off by collecting and managing within us coworkers the workload for the day then we accurately input data on our system from the electoral returns we gathered from political parties. These data are very sensitive thats why we had to be very accurate and precise. Best part of the job was the teamwork within us coworkers as it required each and everyone of us the do very well to be successful as a whole.