Elections Ontario Employee Reviews

good pay but long hours
Revision Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2018
it was good and laid back when it wasnt busy but when it was busy it was very hectic however the pay makes up for the stress. the training could have been better but i learned on throughout the day
Pros
laid back during slow hours
Cons
long shifts
Intense, enjoyable, customer service experience
Revision Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2018
This was only a 2-day job, the first day was just setting up tech at the election location. The second day was a 14-hour shift. I had to get there at 8 am, set up any additional posters/tech and test the tech to see if it was working. My job was to give ballots to voters and correct/add any information in the electronic voter list system. This was a great job to gain experience in customer service, even if that was only for 1 day. It gave me a sense of how to work with coworkers and how a permanent job workplace could look like. Just like any other customer service job, for example, retail, I had to deal with people who could not speak English properly, disabled people, people with short tempers etc. It was very enjoyable working with my coworkers, my supervisor was great as well. They all knew what they were doing and if I had any problems all I had to do was go to my supervisor. Overall this was an enjoyable job, good starter experience, the only bad thing someone might think about this is dealing with undesirable people.

Again, this was only a 2-day job, with one of those days just being a setup, but it was a great experience nonetheless.
Pretty good
Revising Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 June 2018
- Quick work
- pay is good
- training is provided and paid for
- can be a lot of work depending on the location
- the people are good
- the tech support is not very helpful
Worked as a Deputy Receiving Officer on Election Day
Deputy Receiving Officer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 June 2018
I worked on Election Day June 7th 2018, my job was to set up the voting location and to issued ballots. My job was to look at Voters Information Cards and ensure their identity, to issue their ballots and instruct them on the voting process. I worked from the 8 am to 9 pm, until the polls closed. I had to work effectively and efficiently to ensure that all voters were able to vote before the polls closed. After the polls closed, I had to ensure that all valuable documents and ballots were accounted for and stored away for safe keeping and return to my supervisor.
Fast pace and productive workday
Tabulatory Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2018
This is just a one day job, where I worked as the tabulator for elections Ontario. It was very fast paced and productive since it was the only day for voters to vote. Overall it was enjoyable and not too hard of a job. Seeing all the voters and greeting them was very enjoyable as well.
Pros
Not busy all the time
Fun place to work
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
It was a great environment to work in. There was paid training and the hourly rate was great. It was a super easy job, I was an information assistant. The only downside was that it was a super long day and you had to help with setup and shut down. My supervisor was great and my co-workers made the job a little bit better. Definitely would recommend if you're looking for some extra money.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks, long day
Good job for student
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 June 2018
This job is ideal for any students since it is a two-day job, that will allow you to not only make money but also gain transferable skills. Training is offered.
Great job
Tabulator Officer (Former Employee) –  Agincourt, ON5 June 2018
Loved the job, it was simple and straight to the point with real surprises. There was the occasional troublesome voter that would not listen or cause minor issues but otherwise everything was smooth.
Pros
Paid training, city job, simple, great environment
A great organisation offering temporary positions from entry level to management, aiding people in exercising their right to vote.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2018
Elections Ontario offers a variety of jobs including data entry, human resources, finance, technical support and even management. Opportunities and exposure depend on your level of interest.

Flexibility and dedication are important assets as hours vary depending on important events. Due to the temporary nature of an election, you will work with a continuous deadline, which can be stressful but rewarding at the same time. You will gain a lot of experience in customer relations.
Pros
well paid, good work environment, unique experience
Cons
Long hours, few days off, limited training
Best Company (Service Desk Analyst )
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough28 May 2018
1.) it is good company
2.) i love the environment
3.) i like the managers and good people
4.) whoever is working at elections Ontario nice people
5.) working times and other accepts very good
Temporary assignment
Office Assistant /Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2018
Prepare documents and material for upcoming elections. Answer telephone calls, interact with other team members so that work was not duplicated, check documents for accuracy.
Great Tour.
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
Working with Elections Ontario was very fun. The Staff was helpful and always there when I needed them. It was very flexible, very on your own with supervision. I got to engage with many students going Campus-wide to different universities. Elections Ontario was a great place to work at.
Pros
Flexible, No Supervision
Nice people , adoption of Agile , Implementation of new processes
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2018
Nice people , in process of modernization in terms of processes and technology. Main development focus is election oriented and work is at its peak around year before the General Election.
Great Place to work, kind and friendly people
INFORMATION OFFICER/BILINGUAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 April 2018
it was also a great place to work, worked as bilingual receptionist and later took over as bilingual information officer for maturnity leave learned valuable information regarding the elections process.
Pros
During my contract there, we had a golf tournament, and Christmas lunch
Cons
There were no cons there
Twam Work
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2018
I enjoy working I enjoy learning. I learned all about sales.
management is great as far as they management will treat with respect Respect is a culture in work place.
Too Short of a time
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ON27 February 2018
It was a one day job so I lack the ability to give it a truly unbiased review. The shift was 12 hours long and paid 14 dollars an hour pre minimum increase.
good work life balance
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
There are many projects going on at the same time. Some are busier than others. Overall friendly environment, but a bit slow. The location is remote and there is not much to do within walking distance
Great work environment
Revisions Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2018
It was a great place to work, sadly it only comes around during election time. early voting days got very busy but the management had trained us for days before early voting started.
Pros
good hours, great pay
Cons
seasonal work
Great workplace culture.
Reception and Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
I had a very pleasant experience at Elections Ontario. There was lots of support and training and I really enjoyed the people with whom I worked. Things got busy around election time but otherwise it wasn't bad and there were always lots of snacks.
Good temporary work experience
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 November 2017
Only taking place on the day of election, my job as a Deputy Returning Officer was overall an enjoyable experience. The job involved receiving voters at the poll station and processing them through the voting process, maintaining elections supplies and overseeing the end ballot count.
Pros
Meet others who are also passionate in the elections process