Elections Ontario Employee Reviews

Temporary assignment
Office Assistant /Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2018
Prepare documents and material for upcoming elections. Answer telephone calls, interact with other team members so that work was not duplicated, check documents for accuracy.
Nice people , adoption of Agile , Implementation of new processes
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2018
Nice people , in process of modernization in terms of processes and technology. Main development focus is election oriented and work is at its peak around year before the General Election.
Great Place to work, kind and friendly people
INFORMATION OFFICER/BILINGUAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 April 2018
it was also a great place to work, worked as bilingual receptionist and later took over as bilingual information officer for maturnity leave learned valuable information regarding the elections process.
Pros
During my contract there, we had a golf tournament, and Christmas lunch
Cons
There were no cons there
Twam Work
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2018
I enjoy working I enjoy learning. I learned all about sales.
management is great as far as they management will treat with respect Respect is a culture in work place.
Too Short of a time
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ON27 February 2018
It was a one day job so I lack the ability to give it a truly unbiased review. The shift was 12 hours long and paid 14 dollars an hour pre minimum increase.
good work life balance
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
There are many projects going on at the same time. Some are busier than others. Overall friendly environment, but a bit slow. The location is remote and there is not much to do within walking distance
Great work environment
Revisions Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2018
It was a great place to work, sadly it only comes around during election time. early voting days got very busy but the management had trained us for days before early voting started.
Pros
good hours, great pay
Cons
seasonal work
Great workplace culture.
Reception and Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
I had a very pleasant experience at Elections Ontario. There was lots of support and training and I really enjoyed the people with whom I worked. Things got busy around election time but otherwise it wasn't bad and there were always lots of snacks.
Good temporary work experience
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 November 2017
Only taking place on the day of election, my job as a Deputy Returning Officer was overall an enjoyable experience. The job involved receiving voters at the poll station and processing them through the voting process, maintaining elections supplies and overseeing the end ballot count.
Pros
Meet others who are also passionate in the elections process
Great temporary work
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Elora, ON21 November 2017
A great place to work on a temporary basis. The hours and long and can be tedious, but the pay is good with thorough, paid training. Excellent work for a people-person looking to gain experience.
Pros
Good pay, paid training
Dedicated professionals
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 November 2017
The people working at Elections Ontario have a personal dedication to what they're doing... one of the most important jobs in the province. I've loved working someplace where what I do really matters, and I see the same spirit in the people around me.
Pros
sense of satisfaction, fun workplace, real community
Cons
lots of contract work; people coming and going
lots of people leaving
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 November 2017
Negative, toxic environment that a lot of people leave, but a good place for a contractor because you can get new skills and work on interesting projects. Not a lot of links to other government departments, though, so you can't leverage the opportunity for others very well.
Pros
freedom to do your work
Cons
disorganized management, immature management and system models
Learning experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 November 2017
Work is manageable but there is no proper cubical to work in. Most people are nice and helpful. Management is helpful for most part. Work environment is good.
Elections
Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON1 November 2017
• Assisted Canadian voters on Election Day by running an information desk at one of the local poll stations.
• Was responsible for helping individuals from all walks of life as well as maintaining confidentiality of all of their personal information.
Excellent environment and great management allowed for very productive workplace
DBA/Senior Programmer Analyst (consultant) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
- Have a coffee; check email and get down to work.
- Excellent management allowed for great productivity
- Elections Ontario provided good benefits for its employees as well as flexible working hours. Demonstrates respect for ones' religious believes. Even provided a place for prayer
- The hardest part of my job was my obsession with double and triple checking SQL Scripts written to generate Voters' lists. The need to generate the correct voters' list for a riding/part of riding.
- I enjoyed the people I worked with on this assignment and seeing the election's result coming in on election night.
Data entry
Revising Agent (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON23 September 2017
This first part of this job consisted of door to door greetings, to update all residents in that specified area.The second part consisted of pure data entry. I got experience with customer service and learned how to type faster and more accurately. This job made me more familiar with various cultures, religions, and race. The hardest part of the job was long hours and tired feet as I was determined to complete areas. The most enjoyable part was working in the community, meeting different people.
Pros
Good experience for customer service and data entry.
interesting
Voting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 September 2017
set up voting desk at voting destinations, collect votes. return votes at vote collection location, count votes. if you are working a table with a partner you know then the time isn't too bad.
Pros
easy
Cons
longish.. hours
The organization responds to the needs of the Ontario Elections act.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
There is flurry of activity during times of provincial elections. Internal procedures can change according to the competencies of the Chief Elections Officer who can be appointed for each provincial elections. The procedures at electoral offices can changes depending on the competences of the Chief Electoral Officer (CIO).
Pros
The strengths of internal procedures depend on the CIO
Cons
Internal processes can change for each new election
Helpful training provided
Polling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON24 July 2017
Long hours but positive training environment with possibility for future employment contracts. A great learning opportunity and a fun way to meet new people.
Good Experience
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 June 2017
The job gave me more work experience and allowed me to use me previous work experience to perform the duties the duties of the job. It was a very stressful job.