Elections Canada

Canada824 reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Great job

I liked working for elections canada, coworkers are fun, supervisors are always good to work with too, is a long day, but worth it, always enough breaks & atmosphere is easy going

great team members, good management

fast paced repetitive environment, not a bad job with good pay and great management. the people train you well, and you make your own breaks. 16 hour shift tho, plenty of overtime

Pros

easy breaks, great staff, good management

Cons

overtime, repetitive

Insights into Elections Canada

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Slow-paced, collaborative

The job itself was fine, very easy. Definitely difficult to work with people who were much older than me and slower at completing tasks. Salary was good though so didn't mind.

I liked the experience

Pretty easy for anyone to gain employment ! Staff train and are very supportive on day of election . There aren’t any complaints except super long shift and not enough breaks

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not many breaks

Fun place to work

I would enjoy working there again. Supervisor was excellent. Pay was slightly too low. Location of poll station was perfect. All supplies were present.

Pros

Very enjoyable working with the public

Cons

Long hours Would have been nice to have a free lunch and an actual lunch break

Great work environment

The people you work with are amazing. The work is short term, about 2 weeks or so but you make a lot of money in that small time. It's a fun work environment

Pros

People

Cons

Long hours, short term

Well pay but a very long shift!

I only worked for the day of the election which was 11 hours and only two 30 minute breaks. I know that the shifts for the pre election voters were 4 days back to back of 11 to 13 hour shifts… lots of hard work! Although, I met lots of great people that came out to vote!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours and short breaks

Environnement agréable et décontracté

Pas de pause, travail sous pression, mauvais salaire

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Pas de pause, mauvais salaire

Fast Paced depending on location

Faced paced, the hours are around 9am to 9pm. Decent job and pay since it was only for one day, management is nice. They allowed us to bring snacks and lunch to eat when it was time to eat. Training process was easy and co workers are very nice and outgoing.

Pros

Food Breaks Decent Pay

Cons

Long Hours

Long day but good pay.

You have to have stamina to work election day. 6am-10pm is what the hours look like, but the pay was good.You have to read some boring material before the day, and follow a lot of boring written instructions, but there is a team there, to help you make sure that everything is done right.

Pros

Good pay.Easy to learn to do the job.

Cons

Long hours.Temporary.Cheque may take a long time to come.

Great day of pay.

I have worked for EC for the past 2 federal elections as a DRO and CPS. The work is incredibly stressful but pays well. The most annoying thing is having to explain really basic concepts to constituents but that's really the only downside aside from the long hours (which can and will go over projected time).

Pros

Good pay

Fun little gig

Great if you enjoy working on your feet and don't mind the stress. Not so great if you want a predictable work environment - things can get pretty crazy, especially if something goes wrong.

Pros

Good pay, enjoyable with good supervisors

Cons

Very long day, stressful, disorganized

Responsible and collaborative workplace

I had a great time working as a Registration Officer at the provincial election. This is a job that takes the majority of the day, so be prepared for that.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

I had never worked here before, but I did enjoy the experience. If I was available next year, I would do it again.

It is a long day but the people you work with, including supervisors, were very helpful and supportive. You get to meet a lot of people, and most are very patient and friendly. Very good pay for a very long day of work.

Pros

Good supervisors, good pay, can sit or stand when needed.

Cons

Long hours but understandable due to the situation.

Good one time job to earn a bit of money during election seasons

Good workplace! only worker here for one day for the 2019 election but i had a good time! i had no previous experience and was in high school. definitely a very long shift working election day but got paid above minimum wage!

Pros

good pay, friendly coworkers

If you have the opportunity to work for Elections Canada, you MUST

I enjoyed working with the team at Elections Canada. The position was challenging at the beginning with an immense amount of information to retain about the process for the Special Voting Process for the Incarcerated Elector but once you've the knowledge, everything comes easy.It did have a couple of challenges but nothing out of the extraordinary. Very little stress with easy to follow deadlines. If there were an issue, you had an immense amount of support from supervisors and management.It was definitely a breath of fresh air to work for the Government and, if given the opportunity, I would jump on a position with the Government any day.Since I was working during the "evening" shift, I was paid a premium for compensation for my time.Work life balance was easy and I was able to spend time with my family and help support my family financially.

Pros

Work life balance, competitive salary, some degree of difficulty, excellent management and support

Cons

Short term contract

Easy work good hours and lots of training great staff to work with would like another opportunity when available they gave me an opportunity with very little experience

Pros

Good pay Great staff

A good place to work

I wish more precautions were taken to protect employees from abuse during COVID, but overall I've had a very positive experience working at Elections Canada. There are long hours, but the pay is very good, and you always make overtime.

Pros

Great pay

Easygoing workplace, nice coworkers

I worked with elections Canada for one election, it was easy and they pay was decent considering how simple the job was. The shifts are 12 hours + whatever time it takes to set up and clean up but they pay overtime for anything over 12 hours.

Fun and casual

poll work good first job for teenagers, pretty easy to apply on their website. have good organizational skills and you're pretty much all set. if working as poll worker on election day be prepared to be working 12 hours or more

Pros

snacks, good environment

Cons

long shifts

Good temporary work

Expect to work 14 hours. Pay is decent but experience depends on your position/assignment.You will get overtime for over 8 hours. Bring your own lunch as you're not allowed to leave until the end.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elections Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement