Elections Canada

Registration Officer88 reviews
Canada88 reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Elections Canada is a great place to work

-little requirements for getting the job-everyone has a sense of community and responsibility -good pay-training -will definitely work elections again-lots of positions available -feels good to be a part of the democratic process

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Only election period

Great job

I liked working for elections canada, coworkers are fun, supervisors are always good to work with too, is a long day, but worth it, always enough breaks & atmosphere is easy going

Insights into Elections Canada

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Fast Paced depending on location

Faced paced, the hours are around 9am to 9pm. Decent job and pay since it was only for one day, management is nice. They allowed us to bring snacks and lunch to eat when it was time to eat. Training process was easy and co workers are very nice and outgoing.

Pros

Food Breaks Decent Pay

Cons

Long Hours

Responsible and collaborative workplace

I had a great time working as a Registration Officer at the provincial election. This is a job that takes the majority of the day, so be prepared for that.

Pros

Good pay

Fun and casual

poll work good first job for teenagers, pretty easy to apply on their website. have good organizational skills and you're pretty much all set. if working as poll worker on election day be prepared to be working 12 hours or more

Pros

snacks, good environment

Cons

long shifts

An Okay Job

You will feel like what you are doing is meaningful but don't expect much. It is an okay job. Long hours and a great way to make extra income!!!!!!!!!

Productive and education work experience.

Working with Elections Canada was a good experience. It was a way to participate and do your part for the community. In my perspective, it not only have gave you good hours and a some money in your pocket, but it was an onsite learning experience too. You learned a little bit about the area you live in, and also about how to deal with problematic situations. In this job you are trusted to keep information private. The responsibility is quite large in this job, but it is worth it.

Pros

Physically easy work, and good hours

Cons

Very repetitious.

Good to make some money

Was not hard work, just expect to work long days during the election. Trainers were good and material was easy to learn. I will be applying again next election.

Amazing

Work for the government, gain a lot of experience and a lot of pay which is great for pocket money and other things. Elections Canada gives breaks for prayer as well.

Very fun

Working with Elections Canada was very fun. I received a very fair amount of pay for the work I did. It sometimes got stressful but it was still worth it.

One-time shift

When I worked this job it was for a one-time shift that had included paid training a few days before. It was long but paid pretty well and I would do it again if it came up.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Enjoyable, but boring work place.

This was only a job that I held for the duration of the elections. Long hours, but an easy job. Would definitely apply again. Worked with fun and talented people.

Pros

Good pay

Loved working it

It was very long hours of work, had an amazing experience and it challenged me a lot. i was payed extremely well and had met many great people. The job was only for a day but it was worth it.

It was a great learning experience

it was a long and tedious job to do but it taught me the basics of working with other people and the public eye as whole especially the up's and downs of dealing with impatient people.

Pros

payment

Cons

Good

Average work for decent pay and you get to interact with and help out your community which is a rewarding experience. Good people to work with and be around for long shifts so it goes by quickly.

Super good way to earn extra money

The entire process, start to finish was easy and enjoyable. The pay was excellent and it was a good way to earn a little bit of extra pocket money while helping for a worth while company.

Early start. Free coffee and hot beverages. Fast paced. Patient supervisors. Positive environment. Late nights. High workload.

Pros

good pay

Cons

long hours, little-no great

remain alert and courteous

It is important to greet everyone with a smile and make sure they have the proper identification. It is also required to speak both English and French.

Pros

good salaray