Elections Canada

Elections Canada Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative16 reviews
Canada16 reviews
If you are looking for work around election time Elections Canada is a wonderful place to work. The team is friendly and inclusive and there is a lot of work. The harder you work the more work you will get; if you do well you will be asked back in future elections as well.
They overload you with work, angry management, expect you to work well into the early morning sometimes and just excpet you to not have a family life would NEVER do it again
The workplace culture with Election Canada was enjoyable and supportive. It was a pleasure working with people with a lot of experience with elections. I learned valuable knowledge about elections and politics. I would definitely work with Elections Canada again.
I was up on my feet all day, it takes a lot of energy and patience! It’s a very interactive position, therefore, you have to be assertive and speak with people in your community.
The position of Service Agent is a relatively new position with Elections Canada. To be successful in this position you must be able to jump into the role with very little organised training. This type of orientation to work is not suitable for everyone. I was comfortable with the steep learning curve as I relied on my ability to source out knowledge and share with my coworkers. A typical day varies and it depends on the staffing levels. Some days were really busy and other days slow. I didn't find anything hard about the job. It is beneficial if you are fast at accurate data entry. Management is helpful.
Very nice place to work. My team was amazing, friendly, and cooperative. It was an awesome experience. I really enjoyed all the moments I was working there.
We became a family of co workers working together would donut again in a hearrbeat .
It was slow to start but then became steady as the election for closer.

Attention to details very importanr
Lots of preparation and stress due to the short period to get organized and execute elections at the Federal level. Long hours and not enough pay. Need to hire competent people instead of just your friends. Hiring process was poor for the election workers and the training for them was also poor
I worked on completing such as:
Welcoming Voters

Helping voters who cannot understand English

Politely dealing with customers

Excellent interpersonal skills talking to customers
I really enjoyed doing the elections and working in the aaro office and would recommend to anyone..
At first it was a little boring but eventually the pace picked up and u were constantly busy the supervisors were great and always willing to help u when u werent sure of something very friendly environment
A person with a disability was not a fun place to work. Too stressful for me. this was not a good fit as this was the first time \i have done a job like this
Pros
Cons
not able to accommodate me
I think I have proved myself as a clerk in the office and also supervisor at the polls. I made sure that everyone voted in a timely manner and also updated all the lists of voters in the computerized programs of elections Canada
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Learned how the voting process works. Assisted citizens in voting, documentation and general Q & A. Long hours with good pay, well worth the time and effort.
Elections Canada was a very knowledgeable, fun and interesting job. Had own hours on a time-line basis. Got to meet lots of New faces or many cultures, visit different locations and learn about other peoples lives. Lots of paperwork, organizing and filing, computer skills and handwritten skills were needed.
My day there entailed, registering folks of a specific area to vote, and guiding them to the appropriate polling stations. I learned how popular voting is among affluent community members. Management was great in helping when they were available, but due to the high volume of voters, they couldn't always be there. I never had any issues with co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with various personalities. The hardest part was keeping track of all the paperwork.
Pros
safe, clean, relevant to change in the city
Cons
mass amount of accumulated paperwork
The best job i have ever had. The co-workers are the best.
I learn something new everyday.

the management is great.

the most enjoyable part of the day is coming in the door.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elections Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3