Elections Canada

Canada124 reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

pollcanadavotervotingelectorballotvotedro

great team members, good management

fast paced repetitive environment, not a bad job with good pay and great management. the people train you well, and you make your own breaks. 16 hour shift tho, plenty of overtime

Pros

easy breaks, great staff, good management

Cons

overtime, repetitive

I liked the experience

Pretty easy for anyone to gain employment ! Staff train and are very supportive on day of election . There aren’t any complaints except super long shift and not enough breaks

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not many breaks

Insights into Elections Canada

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Fun place to work

I would enjoy working there again. Supervisor was excellent. Pay was slightly too low. Location of poll station was perfect. All supplies were present.

Pros

Very enjoyable working with the public

Cons

Long hours Would have been nice to have a free lunch and an actual lunch break

Organized and friendly place

Good pay for amount of work you are doing. Higher ups were very friendly and good help when needed. Staff around were also friendly. Overall good environment.

Good job at 2021 Federal Election

Good temporary job. Good pay. Fast paced with all the voters but I've worked there before so I was able to quickly process voters. You will need to be fast paced because of long lines.

Long day but good pay.

You have to have stamina to work election day. 6am-10pm is what the hours look like, but the pay was good.You have to read some boring material before the day, and follow a lot of boring written instructions, but there is a team there, to help you make sure that everything is done right.

Pros

Good pay.Easy to learn to do the job.

Cons

Long hours.Temporary.Cheque may take a long time to come.

Great day of pay.

I have worked for EC for the past 2 federal elections as a DRO and CPS. The work is incredibly stressful but pays well. The most annoying thing is having to explain really basic concepts to constituents but that's really the only downside aside from the long hours (which can and will go over projected time).

Pros

Good pay

Cons

I had never worked here before, but I did enjoy the experience. If I was available next year, I would do it again.

It is a long day but the people you work with, including supervisors, were very helpful and supportive. You get to meet a lot of people, and most are very patient and friendly. Very good pay for a very long day of work.

Pros

Good supervisors, good pay, can sit or stand when needed.

Cons

Long hours but understandable due to the situation.

It was a day job, and it went well.

Good pay for a days work. Everything we needed for the job was supplied. All the employees were friendly and approachable. I'd do the job daily if there were jobs like it available,

a bit stressful due to the importance of the job.

I truly enjoy working for Elections Canada. It gives a sense of purpose of giving back and assisting people in the importance of voting. The pay is good. depending on your choice it could be a few weeks or a day to work.

Pros

always close to home, casual dress, good pay

Cons

Great company to work for if you enjoy working iwth the public

Work hours were great. There could be some improvements to training. I enjoyed working with the public. I would recommend schedule breaks as the day can be very long.

Easy Quick Cash

You get paid for training and although the day of elections was pretty long it was not too hectic. Workers are expected to have competent math skills and great organization.

Fun for the short run

This was a good experience working where the demographic is +50 years of age. Find someone your own age and the days don't feel so long. Work hard and you can show for it on a resume or public service job application some day.

Pros

Paid lunch time and various breaks in day

Fun but sparce

Elections come once every while and pay very well for about 4 days of work (if you are lucky). Its a good way to make a quick buck and the hiring pretty much takes everyone who applies, but the money doesn't last. Apply for advanced voting. Do it.

A Days Work

Because this job only lasts a day (a very long day) Its hard to say all the ins and outs. But the pay was decent, the supervisors were supportive and it was relatively easy. Would do again

fun laid back environment

it was fun and easy i worked for 2 days and was paid alot i am a student so it was a very good quick easy fast simple job the only downside is it is coming only once every 4 years

Great Learning Experience

This job allows you to learn how to work in a high-stress environment and optimize efficiency. The job required long labor hours and minimal socialization, but it helps you understand how important the electoral process is and how it moves our democracy forward.

Busy and highly technical

A good learning experience ~ one day, very fast paced. I was there for 15.5 hours + 5 hours training with two 15 minute breaks. This job would best be described as an endurance contest.

basics

you work 12-14 hours on the election days and don't have scheduled breaks. no flexibility with working hours the pay isn't that good for the amount of stuff you do and u get paid 8 weeks after u work....8 WEEKS which is ridiculous and isn't worth it at all. you get paid for training but one-day training isn't as efficient and people still left with a lot of confusion

A short term job that provides decent pay

A short term job that provides decent pay. Often working in teams or within a group of people - group sizes depend on the poll station. Friendly atmosphere.

Productive and good place to work

Every good place to work. Lot's of interesting people, and very good environment, very up beat and everyone was helpful and friendly. It was a good experience. I highly recommend working here. The training provided is very important and informative , it's helpful not only for this job , but for other jobs as well, these are transferable skills.

Pros

Free lunches and snacks

Cons

Unpredictable long hours