Elections Canada

Elections Canada Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

Scarborough, ON20 reviews
Easy,fun,nice and it was a lovely environment to work in. Everyone there was very nice and caring. I felt very welcomed and it was form 8am-10pm but it was worth it.
It was Only a 1 day thing on election night...but it was great ..really nice people...it was very hectic but only
thing took so long to get our pay
This job will teach you a lot on how the Canadian Voting System works. You will appreciate helping other Canadians to are new to the country and want to go out and vote. You help Canadians that just become 18 years of age or moved to from another province or city to help them ensure they have the vote to say. I recommend this to anyone who was a challenge themselves this is a great way to learn customer/ working with people. Solving problems within a timely manner, making sure you are keeping track of what is happening. Owning to your own mistakes if something happens or you messed up you, must tell your supervisor because it can get you in trouble if you didn't say anything.
Pros
The overall working experience
Cons
long hours and the people can be stressful or demanding
Hired as poll clerk, jumped to office clerk in recruiting and then bumped up assistant automation. Fun, fast paced place to work. Very organized and the elections night is great to watch unfold. Temp work but lots of overtime
I have previously worked for the company before and have been there on and off. During this time I have been consistent with working them. Nice bunch of people to work for and with.
Good for one days work. Disorganized when first arrived. But, we were ready in time for voting. CPS should be better trained. But hard to do as not an annual position.
Training should start sooner, with mock up set ups and closings.
Pros
Pay for one day
Cons
Organizing.
The moment I walked in the staff was great to me and had got me involved right away in many different jobs. My time was always filled with great people around me and I had got to meet many new people such as voters and was in a very social environment.
Acts as a liaison between the Returning Officer and the
advance poll officials. Supervises two to three advance poll

voting locations. Traveling between voting locations is a

requirement of the job and mileage is paid. Requires a valid

driver’s license, access to a vehicle and cell phone. Must be

available to work five consecutive days
Pros
sitting down
Cons
Supervisors were quite supportive and understanding. The supervisor taught us accordingly about out position in helping the voters. Overall, the experience was amazing.
Have to learn quickly. Trained as DRO and Poll Clerk. Have to maintain utmost confidentiality. Workplace environment is friendly, but fast-paced. Can become hectic and overwhelming.
excellent team work environment, friendly and organized. Helping with electors in large or small groups when casting a vote. And counting all votes at the end of election night.
Pros
good experience
my experience volunteering for elections canada was amazing. i got to interact with all kinds of people, the staff was very nice and i learned alot about the government and myself
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no pay
It was a great experience but it was not for long but it was amazing to work with other people. I enjoy meeting with other people, the pay was well even though I only worked for a couple days.
Improved on customer service skills. Resolved all customer complaints and applied the appropriate solutions to maintain company reputation. Pros of this job is that its a one day job.
Pros
Salary
Manager very serious.
Did not want anyone to have fun. Had to laugh at his jokes only.

Not a good Manager. Sarcastic person.
Pros
Good people working
Cons
Need a Good Manager People made mistakes due to his sarcastic language.
They thought how to deal with different kind of people.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

Training has taught me a lot.
Was placed at a senior home, met some really nice people. I feel that the job was very unproductive because everyone pretty much knew what they were doing so i feel the job was kinda irrelevant
This was a short term contract in which I taught elections officers there jobs on election night. They were three and a half hour lessons packed with information, media presentations and role plays.

At the time of this job I was called away for surgery but have how fully recovered.
Pros
great people
Cons
very few
Have the ability to preform my civic duty as a citizen.

Employed by Elections Canada: Preformed such duties as a Registration Officer, provided support to New Electors/First time voters.

Carried out tasks such as filling out and Preparing Certificates for Registration, Corrections of Names and Address, Oath of Residence.
Pros
Free Time/Bathroom Breaks
Cons
Long Hours
As an Office Clerk I prepared poll cards to be mailed out to prospective voters.

I learned time management.

As an Information Officer, I directed voter traffic at the poll station. I assisted elderly voters to their correct voting station.

I learned customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
temporary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elections Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3