Elections Canada

Elections Canada Employee Reviews in Coquitlam, BC

Coquitlam, BC4 reviews
Worked 3 different positions during 2019 election + recount days, had a great team each time who all did their absolute best even when there were complicated problems to resolve. The work varies in pace a lot, there will be slower times and busier times as people come to the polling station, but 90% of it is fairly straight-forward tasks and the training provides a guidebook for it all. Can be lots of paperwork to handle and keep track of, must be able to deal with that and have decent memory. Hours are long but pay is very worthwhile. My only serious complaint is that payment can take some time (around 8wks) and this time around they were extremely delayed (12+ weeks, had to call and "open a case" with them). Otherwise fun and challenging temp job!
Pros
Great pay, paid training, relatively easy work once trained
Cons
Long hours, hard to organize breaks around busy times, occasionally stressful people/environment
It was a good place to work at once in awhile. They give opportunities to new workers as well, and it is a highly cooperative environment, not to mention political contribution you get to make.
Good for high school students. Very easy work just long days. Helped teach whats voting would be like when I was finally old enough to actually vote. Interesting job.
- made sure everyone had the right paper work, if needed
- learned how to work fast and under pressure

- management was excellent and was there if I needed help
Pros
Help, if needed
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Elections Canada?