Elections Canada
Elections Canada Employee Review

Great company to work for if you enjoy working iwth the public

22 May 2020
Work hours were great. There could be some improvements to training. I enjoyed working with the public. I would recommend schedule breaks as the day can be very long.
23 June 2020
Working for Elections Canada on election day is something everyone should do at least once in their life! The training manual has everything you need to know explained perfectly, read it cover to cover before election day. Being bilingual is an asset... Indicate this in your application and they will try to get you as a Deputy Returning Officer or a Central Poll Supervisor instead of an Information Officer or something.
Pros
Good pay for a single day, lots of resources provided, interesting work
Cons
A very long day... Make sure to fill up on coffee
8 June 2020
I worked for Elections Canada during the poll day for voters. It was a good first time experience, but I would not do it again. I enjoyed counting the ballots and reporting the results to the office.
13 June 2020
Working there can be very stressful at times but the staff and employers are very supportive from beginning to end. Facilities and venues change for each election prep.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elections Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3