Elections Canada
Happiness score is 90 out of 100

Elections Canada Employee Reviews

Canada777 reviews

Good one time job to earn a bit of money during election seasons

Good workplace! only worker here for one day for the 2019 election but i had a good time! i had no previous experience and was in high school. definitely a very long shift working election day but got paid above minimum wage!

Pros

good pay, friendly coworkers

Cons

stressful but chill at the same time

can get stressful when having to interact with so many different people, especially agitated voters but usually, everyone works together and the environment is very genial so it helped get over that

Long, long hours with really nice pay

Easiest job I’ve applied to. Filled out an application online, got a call the next day to set up a training date. As long as you have enough food and water to last you the day it’s not that bad, even though you sit there for 16 hours doing not that much. Anti-maskers were the worst part of the job.

Pros

Great pay (plus overtime)

Cons

fun job. Must be quick learner

The people there are nice, but because the election only happens once every couple of years, many of the managers are disorganized because they have little experience.

Pros

fun coworkers fast paced

Cons

long hours can be stressful

Everything about the job was fire..everyone would get along overtime of getting to know each other

Depending on what location you work at since a couple of friends of mine were, it’s just 50/50 on if you get a great group of co workers, and work load was crazy but at the same time a smooth process with everyone helping out with citizens of canada

Pros

pay breaks getting to know peer

Cons

long hours but worthy constant talking unless you arnt into that

If you have the opportunity to work for Elections Canada, you MUST

I enjoyed working with the team at Elections Canada. The position was challenging at the beginning with an immense amount of information to retain about the process for the Special Voting Process for the Incarcerated Elector but once you've the knowledge, everything comes easy.It did have a couple of challenges but nothing out of the extraordinary. Very little stress with easy to follow deadlines. If there were an issue, you had an immense amount of support from supervisors and management.It was definitely a breath of fresh air to work for the Government and, if given the opportunity, I would jump on a position with the Government any day.Since I was working during the "evening" shift, I was paid a premium for compensation for my time.Work life balance was easy and I was able to spend time with my family and help support my family financially.

Pros

Work life balance, competitive salary, some degree of difficulty, excellent management and support

Cons

Short term contract

Easy work good hours and lots of training great staff to work with would like another opportunity when available they gave me an opportunity with very little experience

Pros

Good pay Great staff

A good place to work

I wish more precautions were taken to protect employees from abuse during COVID, but overall I've had a very positive experience working at Elections Canada. There are long hours, but the pay is very good, and you always make overtime.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Le personnel est très courtois.

Bonjour,J'ai aimé mon expérience lors de la dernière élection fédérale 2021! Je m'étais inscrit en ligne et j'ai été contacté quelques jours après, c'était vraiment rapide. Nous avons eu une belle formation. Le personne d'Election Canada est très courtois. J'avais laissé mon CV pour que l'on me rappelle pour travailler à Election Canada même après la dernière élection fédérale. J'aimerais avoir cette chance de travailler à cet endroit. J'ai également appliqué à deux offres d'emplois à Emploi GC :ADJOINT ADMINISTRATIF POSTES VARIÉS - 21-CEO-EA-DT-22602ADJOINT ADMINISTRATIF POSTES VARIÉS - 21-CEO-EA-DT-22641.J'espère que je vais au moins passer une entrevue.

Pros

Personnel est très courtois, flexible et compréhensif. M. Claude Legault est vraiment un chic type !

Cons

Je n'ai toujours pas été contacté pour un emploi.

Great Work Environment, although stressful

Working as a DRO was a great experience, and I had wonderful supervisors and fellow poll clerks who made the experience wonderful. Unfortunately, we did deal with several rude voters who blamed us for any minor inconvenience that was out of our control. However, this is to be expected. Can get stressful at times, especially with long lines at rush hour and near poll closing times. Great pay. Overall, great experience.

Great experience ? Loved the challenge

Experience was amazing , definitely a high pressure job ,must be able to handle high pressure situations Must be able to manage crowds Long hours it was great meeting new people & learning new things Lots of learning about how elections are run behind the scenes

Pros

Meeting new people, learning about Elections & work experience

Cons

Long hours, poor training

It was great working here

I enjoyed working here. It was fun and professional at the same time I learned alot of things about voting and the mayors and a lot about Brampton. It was a good job to do to get more experience in the presidential workforce.

Easygoing workplace, nice coworkers

I worked with elections Canada for one election, it was easy and they pay was decent considering how simple the job was. The shifts are 12 hours + whatever time it takes to set up and clean up but they pay overtime for anything over 12 hours.

Fun and casual

poll work good first job for teenagers, pretty easy to apply on their website. have good organizational skills and you're pretty much all set. if working as poll worker on election day be prepared to be working 12 hours or more

Pros

snacks, good environment

Cons

long shifts

Good temporary work

Expect to work 14 hours. Pay is decent but experience depends on your position/assignment.You will get overtime for over 8 hours. Bring your own lunch as you're not allowed to leave until the end.

Fun Workplace .

Excellent Management when working for the Elections.Awesome Coworkers .Long shifts at 12 to 13 hours , Greeted voters . Conducted Covid screening and offered hand sanitizer and gloves.Sanitized Pencils Seats and Voting Area.Directed Voter to Poll.

Pros

Excellent Pay

Cons

Long Hours, Only a temporary job.

very good experience

I have very good experience working with election Canada. I learned a lot. My colleagues were very nice and helping. I love to work with Election Canada again.thank you

Good people, All working towards the future of Canada

Good People, Worked well together in the 21 election, Everyone Knew Their Job, and Got everything done in a timely Matter.Nothing Bad to report from working in the election, Everyone Was Respectful.

Only worked there for a day but it has good pay. When I worked it was a 15hrs shift. It was very long and very tiring. There were some rude people but most were nice.

Good experience

Decent work for decent payGood training Safe working condition Enough hours to work Professional Working independently Fair pay/hoursAnswered questions Great support Short term , pay over 17$

Pros

Hours

Cons

Public

Great place to work. It was good experience and I look forward to work again next time. The people were very helpful and helped when I needed help with something.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elections Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3