Elections Canada
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Elections Canada Employee Reviews

Canada660 reviews
Fast paced and very interactive work experience
I worked the october 2019 federal elections and the day itself was long and exhausting. It was however mentally stimulating and fairly entertaining as there was a constant flow of electors needing their poll recorded, etc...
Environnement stimulant
J'ai adoré ma 1ere expérience en travaillant aux élections
Short one time job
Adequate for one time job. Long hours but the people made it bearable. It was a pretty easy job and a lot of fun.i built be people skills and loved helping people with their election questions.
Well-paying one day job
Worked one 12-hour shift as an information officer. There was no interview and not really an application process - I just signed up on the website. The pay was good, and the work was easy, albeit kind of mind-numbing. However, I only got 2 15-minute breaks, which was hardly enough time to eat lunch, let alone enough time to get anywhere, and I wasn't paid until over a month after working there.
Only worked 5 days during federal election
The training is short and fast paced. The work experience was stressful but interesting because you learn a lot and work with and serve a variety of different people. The pay is good and if you are a Canadian citizen over 16 and you attend the training you can get the job.
Great Experience
Loved the people that I got to work with. Very easy training process to learn how to do the job. Lots of support available on the job if you need it. Really enjoyable experience!
The work itself was stressful, but we had a great team that made the job a lot easier.
Working as a training officer for the federal elections was challenging and rewarding. The first few weeks of preparation before training was very labor intensive, as we had to prepare all the training kits and learn all the material that we needed to teach. Our supervisors were helpful in getting us all the supplies we needed to perform our job well. Teaching the training courses became easier with time, as we kept getting more familiar with the materials. The job comes up every election year, so there is no security as it is a temporary position.
one day as a poll clerk
I worked as a poll clerk during the election on voting day. I prepared beforehand with a 3 hour long course I was required to take for the job. It was a long and tiring day.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Elections Canada?
Great company to work for if you enjoy working iwth the public
Work hours were great. There could be some improvements to training. I enjoyed working with the public. I would recommend schedule breaks as the day can be very long.
amazing experience
Training was excellent and very effective yet fast. Had an amazing team that made it a great experience. Clear instructions, no problems at all. I would definitely look out for this next election. I was treated very respectfully and was looked after, ideal worker traetment.
Productive and fun place to work with snacks and breaks.
It was a productive and fun workplace with a table with snacks. A typical day at work consisted of reviewing online information provided by voters. I learned how to distinguish between the several I.Ds used in different provinces of Canada. Learned to pay close attention to details and work fast to achieve the daily quota. Managers were always available to answer and resolve questions. Workplace culture was fun and friendly. The hardest part of the job was to sit in front of the computer for long hours, but the breaks help to stretch out. Finally, the most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to accept voters information so they could be registered for voting day. Also, people provided treats to make the day more enjoyable.
Easy Quick Cash
You get paid for training and although the day of elections was pretty long it was not too hectic. Workers are expected to have competent math skills and great organization.
Productive and fast paced
Have to be ready for challenges. Communicating with the public is key. Follow guidelines. Team work is essential. The most important skill with this job is problem solving.
great
Very nice to work to election Canada, I worked with 6 people in my school so nice everyone so friendly . I don't find any difficulties with this job, very easy to follow the direction.
elections Canada
It was a great opportunity to work for Elections Canada. I'm glad I participated and would do it again. Great team. Everyone worked and did everything to help each other out.
Stressfull and my pay was cut
Working for Elections Canada is a quick was to make $300 as a teenager. Training is very simple and you're given the impression that the Federal Election is an easy workday. After working from 6am to 11pm (17 hours of work), my pay was cut down to 15 hours.
well organized
very professional and relaxed
easy to comunicate

respectful

efficient

good training

real people doing a great job

friendly and easy to solve problems

considerate
fun workplace
The day I spend here was to direct patrons to polling stations to vote for the election . Even their were some difficult people to deal with it was rewarding and the management was top notch
My job only lasted for 12 hours on Federal election day 2019
Long day. People and manager were very nice and helpful . Pay was good. It was a good close up of our Canadian electoral process . Very accommodating and no voter suppression
Pros
Good work when and if you can get it.
Cons
Long hours.
The work requires exact attention to detail and accuracy.
The training is fast paced and you have to pay close attention.
Your clerical accounting and documentation had to be precise.

You will be working in close collaboration with a partner to cross check and insure accuracy. Your Election day workday is from 8 am to midnight without leaving the building.
Exciting time to be a part of.
Its an exciting day to be a part of. Training staff is very nice and supportive. Its a long day but totally worth the experience. Nice to get out and involve yourself with the community
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elections Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3