ELAM

Canada21 reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Total Freedom and Great Supervisor but Salary Sucks

Like many teaching jobs at language schools, it is a great environment and there's lots of flexibility to use your own materials and teach the way you want. However, the money is just isn't there. I maxxed out @ $21 /hr! Great, if you are a student or as a supplementary income, but just not sustainable unless you work 30 hours plus a week teaching!

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Salary

14 December 2021
We're glad your experience with ELAM was positive. We appreciate your feedback on salary. We do monitor salaries for similar jobs in the same geographical area to ensure that we are in keeping with the current wage scales. It's important to us to offer rewarding work and competitive salaries.

Professional team!

I am self-employed and have been working with Elam as an English instructor for 13 years. I can say, without a doubt, that my experience has been wonderful. The entire team is very professional and knowledgable, open-minded and kind. Never once have I had any issues dealing with them. It would be nice, however, if the pay were a bit better. I also appreciate the freedom they give me to use my own material based on my students’ needs. I would love to continue our collaboration and would highly recommend Elam to other language instructors.

Pros

Interesting contracts, clients; flexible hours

Cons

No social benefits

No follow-up by the management + no stability + no fixed income

They leave you to yourself. The teaching setting is boring coz almost all the time you find yourself giving private lessons which are paid the same as group lessons which is unfair!Salary wise, althouh the per hour rate seems interesting but you spend most of it on the gaz coz sometimes you make more than one destination per day and you may make long travels to reach your work.

29 March 2021
Thanks for your review. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. We haven’t given face-to-face classes in over a year, but when we did, we’d often pay a higher rate for these. Still, we understand how commuting costs can add up quickly and appreciate your feedback.

Job conditions

Prévoir des avantages sociaux ainsi qu’une culture de loyauté et d’appartenance auprès des employés.

Travail stimulant

Excellente opportunité de partager ses connaissances avec les autres. Belle culture d'entreprise, équipe professionnelle et sympa. Les cours permettent aussi de faire connaissance avec beaucoup de personnes et ainsi élargir son cercle social. Le salaire est compétitif. Par contre, payé une fois par mois, à la fin du mois. À part ça, tout le reste est bien.

Pros

Travail valorisant; salaire intéressant

Cons

Salaire payé une fois par mois.

29 March 2021
Merci de nous avoir fait part de votre expérience. Nous sommes heureux de savoir que vous vous êtes senti soutenu lorsque vous avez fait partie de notre équipe. C'est ce à quoi nous aspirons.

dynamic school

Good teaching methods. I enjoy the administration team and their philosophy. I like working with people. I have had the opportunity to get some more experience in teaching. I learned to evaluate my students' needs and developed some new methods to help them.

Pros

flexibility in my schedule

Cons

no social benefits/ no job security

20 April 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We are happy that you gained valuable experience during your time with us and that you enjoyed working with our team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ELAM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement