ELAM

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits
3.3Job security & advancement

Total Freedom and Great Supervisor but Salary Sucks

Like many teaching jobs at language schools, it is a great environment and there's lots of flexibility to use your own materials and teach the way you want. However, the money is just isn't there. I maxxed out @ $21 /hr! Great, if you are a student or as a supplementary income, but just not sustainable unless you work 30 hours plus a week teaching!

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Salary

Official response from ELAM

14 December 2021
We're glad your experience with ELAM was positive. We appreciate your feedback on salary. We do monitor salaries for similar jobs in the same geographical area to ensure that we are in keeping with the current wage scales. It's important to us to offer rewarding work and competitive salaries.

dynamic school

Good teaching methods. I enjoy the administration team and their philosophy. I like working with people. I have had the opportunity to get some more experience in teaching. I learned to evaluate my students' needs and developed some new methods to help them.

Pros

flexibility in my schedule

Cons

no social benefits/ no job security

Official response from ELAM

20 April 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We are happy that you gained valuable experience during your time with us and that you enjoyed working with our team!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ELAM?