View all Egar Tool and Die reviews

Egar Tool and Die

Egar Tool and Die Employee Review

Easy goin laid back work place, good people

My kinda work, it's heavy stamping I've done it all my life but it's not for the faint hearted. One must be in very good physical condition for this type of work

Pros

4-10 day shift, ya don't see that very often

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Good work learned alot

Good work liked my job but needed something different and wanted to learn other trades. Also the shift i was working didnt give me much to to be with my son and watch him hit his milestones but at the end of the day i was working for my family.
Same roleSame location

Highly advise to not work at Egar

The only reason to ever work at Egar is if you happen to live within minutes of this shop. The only feasible benefit is unlimited overtime, but that is where it ends. The management is non-existent at this shop: rarely ever speaks to anyone, rarely says good morning, or shows any ounce of professionalism. You will never be acknowledged in any way at this shop - regardless if you are a top employee or not. Raises have absolutely no structure and are purely based on whether you are "friends" with the management. The overall place is quite dirty, dark, dingy, lacks structure, organization and stands behind many antiquated belief systems and structures which is why they have trouble finding people. Leadhands and supervisors, especially in the Tool-Room are rarely ever involved and simply stay in their office, meanwhile, complain about all the "work" that needs to get done. Tool-Room floor supervisor lacks experience and fails to show any ounce of responsibility. Many of the 'calls' are incorrect and make jobs worse. The health "benefits" at Egar on their view are "competitive", but in reality and on planet Earth, are some of the worst benefits you may ever come across. RRSPs are non-existent and the spending allowances in every category are some of the lowest, if not the lowest, in the Automotive industry. No safety allowances, no tool allowances and the lowest offerings possible.

Pros

Unlimited overtime; Slightly above average pay

Cons

Terrible Management; Benefits are horrible; Raises are biased; Dark, dingy and dirty shop
Same location

All good

What is the best part of working at the company?Management is really good. NiceWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing, I worked 2 months in egar tool all goodWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Clean and safe environment in egartoolWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Egar Tool and Die. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Egar Tool and Die with

Egar Tool and Die reviews by location

Learn about Egar Tool and Die in popular locations

• Egar Tool and Die
  • Easy goin laid back work place, good people