EG Industries Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON1 December 2019
Don't give proper time to learn parts. They have a ridiculous points system for attendance. Even if you are on time but forget to clock in you get a point for being late.
Operator
Operator (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON4 April 2019
It’s a good place to work, pretty easy work, mostly everyone gets along. There’s the shift to shift banter and a lot of people have created good friendships and like to work with them. There are days that everyone has a bad day just like everywhere employees and management alike. We get straight shifts so always know how to schedule our life and they have a flex system allowing you to go to an appointment or something giving the opportunity to make up your time and not lose attendance. Good benefits right from date of hire, money isn’t bad especially on the off shifts with a high shift premium. They have cake monthly to celebrate the employees birthdays of that month, pizza days, catered meals at Christmas. The managers and supervisors interact with the employees as best they can. There are opportunities to advance and learning different jobs. There is always ways to keep busy, steady work and have never had any lay offs since I’ve been there and talking with others they haven’t had one. It’s a small factory with great potential and friendly people. I like my supervisor and team leads, and the other shifts have pretty decent ones too, they are all women which makes it easier to talk to about any girl problems and they give a friendly vibe, shows that the ladies can get a job done. Not many issues except the occasional bought of gossip. I like it there and happy to go to work every day! We hardly work overtime on weekends and they do their best to keep us out of there on Saturdays. The bus route now drops off right at the factory. They have an attendance bonus program giving  more... you extra paid time off for perfect attendance.  less
Pros
Straight shifts, the friendly atmosphere, cake and pizza. Younger workforce of bosses
Cons
Occasionally weekend overtime, no cafeteria
Clean and Positive!
Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON3 April 2019
EGI is great! Straight shift work, not changing shifts every week keeps my schedule the same all of the time. There are many opportunities for advancement. I really enjoy working with all of the staff (including management). I feel like I am part of a team and not just a number. Very positive atmosphere! Clean work too!
Sinking ship
Setup Technician (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON22 March 2019
This is a horrible place to work. Employees are treated like garbage and if you happen to give your opinion then you will have a target on your back. Management team all need to go before the Stratford plant is run into the ground. Employees are expected to perform miracles with the equipment and very minimal training provided to them.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Management, equipment that doesnt work as designed, cheap bandaid fixes instead of fixing stuff properly, Constantly struggle to keep up with customer demands because of that
Horrible
Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON19 February 2019
Horrible place to work!
Management thinks it’s okay to treat people like criminals. HR treats you the same. Your trained poorly. All higher ups love their drama and usually start it. I have never been treated so badly by a company in my life. They don’t even deserve one star!
Horrible place
Plastic Injection Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON6 November 2018
1st day on the job other worker(s) said "Run... run away as fast as you can. Management so so, supervisor arrogant and crabby attitude. The company and supervisors attitude was "My way or the highway".
No way to get them to do it "different" so it would be less strenuous for the workers... Hated the fact it was tier 1 auto supplier... that's the reason for the "my way attitude"
Cons
OT mandated and with little notice at times;
Productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON9 October 2018
EGI is a great place to work. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. Work is not to difficult but somewhat repetitive. Great bonus programs and some overtime. Great opportunity to advance in the company.
Pros
Bonus programs, good Benefits, happy friendly people
Cons
Hot in the summer
Favouritism
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON18 August 2018
If you aren't buddy buddy with management or supervisors you are treated poorly, blamed for others mistakes. Supervisors are catty and love the drama, often starting it on their own. Very immature place to work. Pay is low. Shift meetings are often on your time but they don't care if you have obligations after your shift as long as day shift is taken care of as they are most important apparently.
Pros
Cake day, sometimes pizza, few good people
Cons
Supervisors
Decent Place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON27 July 2018
EG Industries has a solid business. Everyone is friendly and helps each other out. Some flexibility with shifts and overtime. Pay could be better, but for the type of work it is ok. The work is not hard, somewhat repetitive
Pros
Attendance Bonuses, Lots of Food and Paid Time off Rewards
Cons
Pay is a little low