EECOL Electric

EECOL Electric Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews
competitive workplace with no teamwork
This was my first full time job after i completed high-school. It was a fun place to work as there were a lot of young people my age that i could relate to. It is a big warehouse that employs almost 80 people in the Saskatoon location. I met a lot of great people at Eecol electric and made friends with people i still talk to today.
What am I supposed to say in this column. I dont get it
Multi-billion dollar company and definitely the industry leader of electrical wholesalers. For the most part the people you work with are great. But in my opinion management plays favorites with certain individuals
Pros
Great workers, plus you will advance and be payed well if you put the effort in.
Cons
Management is under trained and alot of them dont deserve the position.
Horrific Experience
Enough said. Treats employs very unfair, looks over issues regarding abuse in all forms, terrible management, favoritism, unrealistic workload for both the pay your recieve and the trouble you have to go through to get it done. Constant false hope about advancement possibilities.
Eecol was a great place to work, everyone treated everyone fairly and the people were amazing to be around.
I would highly recommend working at eecol electric. You will gain a lot of experience in electrical equipment but will also learn how to use a fork lift and social skills.
Eecol electric
This is a Male dominated industry, where you can flourish in any department sales inside or outside and gain experience on many products exclusively carried buy electric wholesalers it fast paced and fun environment to work in great salary and benefits
Not a good company
The bosses dont care what is happening in your personal life ad long as the company is thriving thats all that matters to them. They say family first company but I've seen a person with a terminally ill child get scolded by a branch manager for missing too much work because their child was literally about to die. Very sad
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Basically everything but the hours
Do not work at this company
I would not recommend this company to work for if you have no electrical knowledge you will not make your 3 months you will get let go, they assume that you should know everything by the second month. It is a very hard job if you never went to school in the electrical field.
Culturally messed up place to work
It's really hard to explain but i will do my best. my experience with eecol electric was they seemed very desperate for employees because of there very high turnover rate. i worked with one guy who come in, did his job, and ended up getting fired because he didn't fit into there idea of work culture. they also tested you by intentionally hiring horrible to work for supervisors. if you showed you could tolerate them you would be promoted if you spoke up you were fired. they also in my time there tried to take away my coffee breaks saying you're not entitled to them. i was a smoker at the time and that did not fly with me. after one year working hard for them i was promoted between 3 different areas in the warehouse but with no added pay for each new job. my raise came after 1 year. it was not what i expected for an increase. i asked for time off without pay to go and help my family with harvest and was denied so i said screw it and quit. some of my coworkers were cool guys but generally the only ones who stuck around had to bleed eecol electric to stay. the only positives i remember was occasionally they would get in pizza for the staff or doughnuts and coffee. but honestly a decent pay raise would've meant more to me then stuff i can buy myself on my own time.
Uneven workloads
People who don't pull their weight don't seem to face any repercussions for their actions, and their habits seem to repeat themselves. This isn't really a healthy environment for women. I received comments daily pointing out my gender or the other women who work here, which is never relevant. This comes from both the customers and the employees.
Pros
Promotion incentives and occasional BBQs
Cons
High expectations that don't match the pay.
Low pay, old equipment in need of replacement.
Receiving position was tons of work for too little pay. Wage increase every 12 months depending on job performance, raise not guaranteed. 13$ to start, not worth it for the work u do. Old people need not apply, warehouse manager leans towards “youngish” people. I assume because young people don’t know better when it’s comes to standing up for their rights concerning employment Great coworkers. Not much else to say about this place.
Poor management skills
Poor management skills , lack of and poor pay . I started in shipping and quickly moved up front to sales . They were short staff so there for I’m thankful I got the experience not having any. Because it set me up for bigger and better things . I recommend this job if you are ok with starting wage of 15.60 $ a hour . And for the experience .
Pros
Free popcorn on Friday
Cons
Poor pay, bad management
Huge learning curve ...not a bad place to work
Watch your back ...staff say they care but everyone on there own ...you put in the hours and more but are scrutinized if your too slow or not learning fast enough...training not up to par management more worried about store reviews and bonuses ..
Pros
Good hours good benefits
Cons
Management lacks proper training skills
Loved working there
I was with Eecol for 20 plus years and started out as the billing secretary, but soon became management. I was the only woman in management for a few years out of the 53 branches Eecol had throughout Canada and Chile.
Pros
Busy and great people
Cons
Long hours and people calling you at home on weekends needing material.
its ok but can be slow at times.
Routine and alot of standing and working on computer, i work alone and it's a small young crowd. I bus to work and home each day and punctual employee.
Pros
Work alone.
Cons
Alot of standing but ok.
Productive workplace
While employed with Eecol Electric i mainly worked in the wire room re-spooling various lengths and gauges of wire. I learnt many things in relations to electrical supplies and their uses and applications.
Misogynistic work enviroment
Misogynistic work environment. Men in the same roll as women are paid more. Workload os often unrealistic as employee turnover is so high therefore they are constantly understaffed.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Pay, Training, vacation, wotk load
Eecol was a good place to work
Eecol was a decent place to work, the people were good to work with and the hours were good as well. It was a typical warehouse job with duties that included set up and preparation of work orders and the placement and loading of same. Every day was pretty much the same, with similar workload, follow up, and execution of daily responsibilities.
Pros
It was quiet, which is a very nice change.
Cons
No way to advance whatsoever.
Fast paced, opportunity for advancement and knowledge, good training
Working in a fast paced customer service and supply based environment. Gained knowledge in the industrial commercial and residential electrical fields. Many years of experience and willingness to teach. Had a family feel and belonging.Had many of incentive
and training opportunities, can be very stressful at times. The camaraderie amongst fellow workers and customer relations were very gratifying.
Pros
security, advancement and knowledge gain
Cons
stressful and time constraint
Not the best choice...
Not an overly difficult place to work but boring and not very fulfilling if you like to actually do things that progress your knowledge / experience. The sales route is the way to go if you are looking at EECOL Electric as a place to work.
Pros
Some benefits
Cons
You work for shareholder value..
labourer
Deffinately a mans world a girl / lady worked twice as hard as us guys she didnt smoke or take hardly any breaks got paid way less than us new guys in receiving and she was the one helping us learn i barely ever saw the managers
Pros
good free lunches at learning classes
EEcol was a great place to work, friendly management always there to help in troubled times. Advancements were available if you showed up for work on time and worked hard. The more you put into your work the more you would receive out of it.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly people, good training
Cons
not everyone would put out many drifters