Edwards Lifesciences Employee Reviews for Assembler

Productive and a nice place to work.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT2 April 2019
Enjoyed going to work, I like to keep busy and at Edwards there was
always something to do. I got along well with my supervisor and the HR department.
Pros
Fridays off
Cons
only 1\2 hr lunch
Assembly
Associate Assember (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT20 September 2018
The products that edwards makes are great and very helpful to those who need to product. Working for edwards was great meaningful work. I would have stayed there if I could have made more money.
Relaxed environment
Second Shift Assembler (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT30 August 2018
Working at Edwards Lifesciences I was able to meet many new people and interact with people from different cultures. It was an environment where people got along great and would become friends easily. It was a low-stress job with repetitive tasks that were simple to complete.
Good working environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA17 August 2018
Good working environment, Friendly coworker, but I am just a temporary employee. It is a little difficult to be Edwards’s employees. But when you become their employees, you’ll have better benefits.
Great people, heartless management
Certified Heart Valve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA10 August 2018
While I enjoyed the people I worked with there, Edwards LifeSciences' manufacturing employees are often stressed out to their physical limits and beyond. Edwards management continues to push the heart valve assembler workers to be more efficient to the point where they receive injuries to their hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, and back pain. Most of heart valve assemblers are older Vietnamese, Cambodians and Hispanic who are new to this country, lack formal education, ignorant of worker's rights, are often afraid to report of pain they have acquired due to work overload. There are stories where an assembler hurt herself so bad where she couldn't lift up her shoulder. Only then will she report her pain. Heart valve assemblers should not be treated like a modern day slave by a so called "world class company" such as Edwards LifeSciences.
All good things will come
Sewer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA6 August 2018
This is a serious and scientific workplace, everything is very professional.
I learned a lot here. I learned how to work in groups, I learned how to create the best work. And how to solve the trouble when working
Co-worker help each other all the working-time
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA1 July 2018
- Trainer are good experience, they may decide to reduce training time if trainee have good kill.
- Leaders all way follow the new people to guide technique for products.
Very Nice Place to Work
Assembler and Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA26 June 2018
Assembly work is somewhat strenuous, but starting salary for temp employees is very fair, and as soon as you are certified it increases significantly. For the most part, management is friendly and easy to work with, but intermediate parties such as team leads or supervisors are a mixed bag.
Best Place I've Worked At!
Associate Assembler (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT23 May 2018
I LOVED working at Edwards Lifesciences. The people you meet and work with become lifelong friends. They are very, very, very inclusive. So many different cultures and lifestyles make the work environment so great! The company is very devoted to making sure everyone is included and respected. The work can be a bit tedious if you don't like to stand, but it goes by quickly as there is little down time. Lots of work events make it all super fun. The pay, vacation and sick hours, and benefits alone will make you want to work here. On-site gyms and cafes are also a plus. The schedule is also super great and allows time for any other responsibilities you may have outside of work. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!
Highly diversed work environment
Medical Device Assembler (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA17 May 2018
I worked as a sewer at Edwards and it was fun and like a family environment with mostly Vietnamese and Cambodian co workers. Supervisor is also asian and so are team leaders. If you dont mind these, then this is a good place to work but, if you want to last more than a year try to apply direct to the company and not go through their agency which is ULTIMATE STAFFING. This is agency is a another review.
A day at work
Medical Device Assembler (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA15 May 2018
I like my job now at Edwards Lifesciences. the first thing is i get a high wage, then i learn a lot when i work here. In line at clean room, i work with good team. They help each other sometime.
Edwards Lifescience - Life is now
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA3 March 2018
I'm working at Edwards Lifescience (EL) in production line as sewer for sewing heart valve. We work at very early hours from 4:30 to 1:00 pm. Typically, we sit down and sewing a valve steps by steps, it sounds easy but it doesn't as we think. Sewing requires technique and experience to make a beautiful non-mistake successful valve. I love this job because it is very challenging, it makes you have to think carefully every stitches you sew until you figure the way for the valve to look smooth and pass all the tests after made. One mistake and the whole valve is scrapped, it requires great responsibility and focus in this job. I also love to exchange ideas, problems and sharing my experience with my teammates, team leader and supervisor to learn from each other to avoid problems. I think the hardest thing in this job is teamwork, if all team members do not follow procedures or schedules, then the outcomes of target goals cannot be reached. However, due to my allergic to chemicals, I decide to change the job because it affects my health greatly. Moreover, I want to focus on my career in Marketing, that is why I think it is time to look for another job that can help me gaining more experience in what I desire to do.
Pros
Stable working hours, good benefit, professional environment
Cons
stressful
It was fun place to work. Nice people over there.
Associate Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA3 March 2018
They just hired employee for temporary. Employee will not know exactly when they get hired to permanent employee of Edwards company. Everything is good so far.
I am happy to work with nice people there.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
3 days of sick leave for temporary.
Bueno
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Añasco, PR18 January 2018
Dar permanencias
Mas beneficios para los trabajadores temporeros
De todo lo demas esta bn
Bn ambiente
Mas maquinarias modernas
Pros
No tienen
Cons
Muchos empleados temporeros
Fun work place
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT3 November 2017
Fun working place with good benefits. Easy job . Great management and great pay. Love working here. Had a great time building medical devices, and what I loved the most is that i was part of a life saving because this m medical device are used to save someone with heart disease.
it was a fast pace workspace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT18 September 2017
i really enjoyed working there, but I t was not working for me with the hours and wanting to make time to study it was just hard for me to get out at 2 A.M
Pros
gym on site, basketball court, caffeteria, lounge
Cons
standing for 10 hours a day, working from 4 P.M to 2 A.M
Great hours which is the best thing i could say.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA7 September 2017
I was given great hours, which is probably the most i could say. A typical day at work we would create I.D tags for products while documenting and keeping inventory count of the material we used.
Pros
Guaranteed a lot of hours and overtime
tight place to be
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA13 July 2017
management and workers were not friendly at all.and short lunches , the company did not provide any benefits

Pros
close to my house
Cons
health, breaks, management
Good places to work
Assembler rings (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UT23 March 2017
Nice environment to work
Excelente people and co workers
Good paying
Long shift but a you have a extra day off
A lot benefit to employees at work
Positive people
Growing company distant from its manufacturing drones
Heart Valve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA21 February 2017
Very strict about attendance; will work you to the bone with overtime; was an interesting experience but working on tiny devices under a microscope is not for everyone. Not a bad job if you can stand it as the benefits and salary+overtime are great.
Pros
Lots of employee benefits, good income, opportunities for advancement and permanent position
Cons
Soul-sucking manufacturing work, training is abysmal, poor communication in management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edwards Lifesciences. Our community is ready to answer.