Edwards Lifesciences Employee Reviews

great company but behind in a lot of areas
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA12 January 2019
Great company with an amazing cause. Please hire new leaders who will push for life/work balance, better compensation, diversity, new ideas and creativity- REMOTE work would be a HUGE PLUS.
Pros
company event
Cons
no balance
Best Place I've Worked At!
Associate Assembler (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT23 May 2018
I LOVED working at Edwards Lifesciences. The people you meet and work with become lifelong friends. They are very, very, very inclusive. So many different cultures and lifestyles make the work environment so great! The company is very devoted to making sure everyone is included and respected. The work can be a bit tedious if you don't like to stand, but it goes by quickly as there is little down time. Lots of work events make it all super fun. The pay, vacation and sick hours, and benefits alone will make you want to work here. On-site gyms and cafes are also a plus. The schedule is also super great and allows time for any other responsibilities you may have outside of work. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!
time spent for the past 3 years
associate sewer (Former Employee) –  Changi22 September 2018
Uses tools to sew a stent and/or valve
Performs verification of stent and/or valve
Visuals inspection under a microscope and sequential review of colleagues' work
Works at a level of greater independence with advanced level of quality and productivity
Certified on two models of tasks
Pros
lots of benefits
Cons
short sick leave
Very Professional place
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Añasco, PR21 October 2018
I'm glad to worked in Edwards Lifesciences because I learn a lot with them. Also they are very professional, good benefits and great environment to work.
Pros
They have a Cafeteria inside the building
Good Company
Associate Sewer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA6 November 2018
Good Company. Good benefits and environment , hight salary, I hope I have chance to find a good job like this. Leader and Co- Workers are friendly and willing to help.
Very Nice Place to Work
Assembler and Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA26 June 2018
Assembly work is somewhat strenuous, but starting salary for temp employees is very fair, and as soon as you are certified it increases significantly. For the most part, management is friendly and easy to work with, but intermediate parties such as team leads or supervisors are a mixed bag.
Good working environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA17 August 2018
Good working environment, Friendly coworker, but I am just a temporary employee. It is a little difficult to be Edwards’s employees. But when you become their employees, you’ll have better benefits.
Great Company
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA27 August 2018
Career opportunities and work/life balance. Great culture and great cafeteria. Management is great and fun atmosphere to work in. Really hard to get into the company as they do their due diligence on hiring the right people.
Culture descrimination
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA19 December 2018
there are diversity of people working there but no opportunities for all of them to get promoted, plus senior employees believe they are the owner of the company and they don't help you at least you are ASIA, yes there is a lot discrimination agains to other culture in terms of team work and management know about it but they ignore because all they care is about productivity and it doesn't matter about issues on the floor, also if you do not play their games then you are out .
I do not recommend working at this company.
Sr. Training Manager, Corporate Quality (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA12 November 2018
Terrible place to work. Management is clueless. There is no strategy or planning. The company still acts as if it is a little shop.It is not. No coordination between global sites. People jump over each other to get promotions.Communication between management and employees is nonexistent.

Want to know more about Edwards Lifesciences?

Ask a question
Fast past and stressful
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA8 December 2018
Fast past they care more of the quantity of heart valves even when all they rave about is taking the time and to do quality work but will give you a certain amount of time to sew a valve. They will work your hands hard holding this small valve for 6 hours and 30 minutes. Arthritis is a given not including youre seated that whole Time in a hunches over position looking into a microscope. Inhuman place to work and it seems they keep it staffed with Asians because let’s face it they are willing to work through the situation. Clueless management.
Great compensation and culture
Lead Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Draper, UT21 March 2018
The pay is above average for my job title. The work environment is casual. Average benefits. It's very political when it comes to career advancements. Overall, it's a good company to work for.
Pros
compensation, vacation, sick time
Cons
political when it comes to career advancement
Great people, heartless management
Certified Heart Valve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA10 August 2018
While I enjoyed the people I worked with there, Edwards LifeSciences' manufacturing employees are often stressed out to their physical limits and beyond. Edwards management continues to push the heart valve assembler workers to be more efficient to the point where they receive injuries to their hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, and back pain. Most of heart valve assemblers are older Vietnamese, Cambodians and Hispanic who are new to this country, lack formal education, ignorant of worker's rights, are often afraid to report of pain they have acquired due to work overload. There are stories where an assembler hurt herself so bad where she couldn't lift up her shoulder. Only then will she report her pain. Heart valve assemblers should not be treated like a modern day slave by a so called "world class company" such as Edwards LifeSciences.
Graphic Labeling is a horrible job
Labeling Graphic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA22 December 2018
Doing graphics in the labeling department is a terrible job.
Every mistake is recorded. And a mistake can be forgetting to make a letter bold instead of regular type. A lot of the files you work on will be 25 page "IFUs" filled with 24 different languages in 7 point type. If an accent is tilted the wrong way - that's an error. If a portion of a line in a full page graph is .5pt instead of 1pt that's an error.
And remember they chart every error while expecting you work to be pretty much error free.
And you better work quick because your co-designers will be monitoring your speed and reporting if you are not up to their speed.
It's a cut throat department with over 2/3 turn over rate. I warn you - this place is a nightmare.
Pros
Cons
Walking in the door.
Fair and a great place to work with a team
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA18 October 2018
I would be fulfilling the company's purchase orders daily, yet making sure that those orders were compliant with the active contracts we had with the vendors.

I was fortunate enough to work with a well-coordinated team that continuously reaches goals in a timely manner, lead by my director who showed me how to excel at my position. He was someone I got along with well, but fair and straight-to-the-point when it was time to get things done.

The hardest part of the job was during the last month of the year, when all departments were sending me their final rushes of purchase orders to use up their remaining budgets and having to fulfill those orders before the year was over. I usually would have to work overtime on most days in that month.

The part I enjoyed the most was working with a team that allowed me to be a part of something bigger than myself. I would consistently work with my team to make sure those purchase orders are processed on time and done correctly.
Pros
Postive workplace culture
Cons
Rush of orders at the end of the year.
Game of Thrones
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA3 September 2018
Well if your idea of a fun working environment is an unspoken Game of Thrones political culture and unlimited working hours, then EW is for you! For every decent director, there are 9 others who are more interested in their own career advancement and think nothing of throwing people under the bus. I can only comment on their corporate headquarters in Irvine.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
highly political
Get place to work if you have a good manager to report to
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA27 September 2017
I worked at Edwards for 26 and a half years. Most of the experience was very positive. The company always had a lot of internal politics going on and bickering between levels of management, product lines, and the satellite plants. I was immune to it until my manager of 22 years retired. Its a great place to work if you have a good manager. But when you get on in years there, and getting close to retirement, they take a heavy handed approach to getting rid of people. If you happen to work for a good manager, your experience will be a positive one. The problem is that there are a lot of bad managers there who are career climbing and creating empires for themselves. They don't care who they hurt financially. Good luck! The CEO is great, but didn't do me any good at the end.
Pros
Great campus, nice lunch room, good benefits.
Cons
If someone is out to get you, they will, they don't care who they hurt.
Good
Sr Receiving Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 926149 September 2018
Edward Good company, good culture, Good work
Working at Edwards Lifesciences I was able to meet many new people and interact with people from different cultures. It was an environment where people got along great and would become friends easily. It was a low-stress job with repetitive tasks that were simple to complete.
This is a serious and scientific workplace, everything is very professional.
I learned a lot here. I learned how to work in groups, I learned how to create the best work. And how to solve the trouble when working
Limited Promotion Opps / High Turnover Rate
Quality Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 926144 September 2018
Consistently have new management - from plant manager, to Sr Directors. Have had 4 managers in 2 years, makes it difficult for promotional consideration
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Limited Promotional Opportunities
A great place to work in 2019
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA28 March 2018
Edwards (as a whole) gives to the community so it is a good place to work. Once parking issues are resolved, there will be less stress. Great Benefits.
Pros
Nice campus, Starbucks on campus
Cons
Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edwards Lifesciences. Our community is ready to answer.