Edon Management Employee Reviews

poor training and even worse peer support
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
Sure salary is good, perks are good. But, the atmosphere is toxic. Everyone right from senior management down talks about and back stabs their staff. You get computer training...and thats it, then you are thrown to the wolves in a sink or swim environment. Far too many irrelevant meetings that prevent you from completing job requirements and therefore leading up to dismissal for poor job performance and poor time management. beware, I felt like I was set up to fail!
Pros
salary, perks, hours of work
Cons
training, management, toxic environment and work load
Severely lacking positive workplace culture
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 January 2018
I would not recommend this company to my work enemy. Very toxic, backstabbing environment. The field staff are amazing and work very hard with little to no positive reinforcement from upper management and office manager.
Pros
Monday to Friday 7:30 - 4:30 and field staff
Cons
Toxic environment, set you up to fail
Employee BEWARE!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2017
The position starts out SO AWESOME. Perceived work-life balance, decent salary. Management gloats about the corporate culture and how they pride themselves on attaining the best employees and providing them career advancement.
Shortly after your workload intensifies to an unmanageable point. Beware, you are being tested. Any simple errors made will be discussed amongst management without your knowledge. You may be told you are doing a great job, when in reality they are keeping notes on all the small/minor errors you are making. Groundless dismissal, no stranger to this company. Top management also makes rude remarks regarding other employees taking time off (time that they are entitled to, and they are the ones who approved the vacation time), two words: fake: phony. In the case of this company-if it sounds too good to be true, its because it is.
Disorganized, dirty, and useless Management
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 June 2017
Unnecessary meetings so "managers" could feel important. A waste of my time working here, I won't even put them on my resume out of embarassment. No praise for good work just "do more"
Not a bad place to work
Maintenance / Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
Managers are for them self's .There take care of the pals.When off sick they did not call, phone, stop by to see how I was doing. Had to go on E.I, when off sick.When back to work and was released .(Long store.)
Pros
good place to work if you fit in
Cons
Management for themself.
Interesting workplace
Team Lead Projects (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 April 2017
Interesting workplace but can be stressful at times with Alberta government clients and an interesting owner. The job itself is challenging and is rewarding.
Pros
Diversity of projects
Cons
Government
Good learning enviroment for this type of work.
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 April 2017
I enjoyed working here for the wage mostly, the staff didnt appreciate my work. The job tasks were very simple or too complex without enough training. I would say the biggest way for Edon to improve is to allow for more training and giving people a chance and not discriminating for age.
Pros
Good wage.
Cons
Staff
Difficult work environment - Poor corporate culture
Corporate Private Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
Company starts off looking good, with a decent salary and very friendly and optimistic career path. But things quickly change, my job had all sorts of extra "as required" duties assigned to it. I was told that this is part of the company culture to get S!#T done! Before I know it my original job had turned into something I couldn't bare. The upper management culture can be very toxic. Not worth the initial lure of money and career path. Employee beware!
Pros
Good starting salary
Cons
Corporate culture, ever changing job duties
It was bust and various
Reception/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2016
It was a very busy place consist of reception roles as answering phone calls and ordering catering and arranging travels and look after the property.
The hard part of the job is the isolation as the rest of the group sits in closed office.
my co-workers were very nice friendly and respectful.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the perks we get from the company as Christmas party or going to the hockey game
Pros
busy
Cons
No advancement
Excellent place to live, they gave a great Christmas party.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 July 2016
Very good place to work, and the co-workers were excellent. I was given an area to clean and I did it with pride. We worked as a team when needed, and individually as well.
No Team Management Skills-Not exactly the three muskateers
Operations Manager/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2016
The company has progressed over its 20 some years and has had it's share of battles in progressing to a small mid range service company. During the process they have lost a good number of seasoned employees by the pretense of being a company which believes in team development. The company lacks a leader(s) which are able to set the stage to next level. At present the company is in the forest they built, the blind leading the blind as they are left without vision or leadership or commitment from within to move forward in a positive direction.
Pros
Meet some very good co-workers
Cons
to many useless reports and meetings, Long Hours, no training
Enjoyed working with employees and outside contractors. Great work enviroment.
Tenant Services & Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2015
Great place to work! I enjoyed my job immensely! Contract changed and my scope changed as well. Red tape as per the contract but was a great experience. I would go back in a heart beat!
Great Learning experience
Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2014
Learned a lot about starting a new company. Faced a lot of new challenges and learned how to think on me feet and solve problems.
dirty
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 March 2014
its a dirty company to work for they treat thier employees very bad
Travel approximately 4000km per month. Only employee in north west Alberta
Senior Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB14 November 2013
Good company but required travel interfered with home and family life
Pros
Good company to work for if you like travel
Cons
Too much driving and very little back up