Edo Japan

Edo Japan Employee Reviews

Edo Japan
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Edmonton, AB24 January 2020
Management is great because they do know how to collaborate on everyone.
We do our work in a fast paced situation because people doesn’t deserve to wait.
Fast-paced work place
Customer Service Rep and key holder (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB20 January 2020
Working at Edo Japan expanded my experience in the food and customer service industry. I learned a few new things, built up my work ethic, and had some fun.
to much fun
Food service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2019
As a food service supervisor, my duty with the company is to, insure the standard of the company followed by; the staff at all time from the beginning of your shift till the the store is close.
Don’t know what to say anymore
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 December 2019
Job is food counter attendant but the truth is the management (don’t know if the other owners are the same) wants you to work all around even cleaning those that needs a PPE that they never provide...but i manage to worked there for almost three years cause work is hard to find that time may be because of certificates that i acquired that i used to find a better job..
Fun Fast Paced Work Place
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB9 December 2019
The work required is really easy to learn and maintain, There is very little training, so it is more of a learn as you go enviornment, but personally I enjoyed that. I think the hardest part of the job was people that were overly cranky and made things very stressful
Loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edo Emerald Hills Sherwood Park23 November 2019
Great place to work, the staff and management were very inviting and helpful when it came to learning the job. I would definitely go back or recommend it to a friend.
The worst place ever
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB Aviation blvd17 October 2019
At first the job seems great but as soon as you have been working at least a week the management will stop pretending to be nice and start barking orders at you left and right especially if you are a female working instead a man if you are a female you won’t be allowed to talk to the coworkers or slow down you will constantly get your hours cut without an explanation and they pay you using checkswhich means they don’t have to have it ready right way so it could be your pay day but you won’t get the check will the end of the day or next week in some cases
Very fun group of people to work with
Line cook/Prep cook/Dishwasher/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2019
The Manager and the workers were amazing but it got a little hectic when there were too much customers, which is to be expected. I learned how to make sushi, grill, and all the basic skills to work at a tiny restaurant. The most enjoyable part was how welcoming everyone is.
fun experience
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 September 2019
its fun working at edo japan since all of friends were working therewith me so i wonbt be bored at work and im having fun cook at the grill since its a new experience to me
Bad job
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood Burnaby bc6 September 2019
He come to my new work place and he tell lots bad things about me I will never work for edo Japan anymore after 3 years of hard working I got the bad reference from him that’s the worst employer
A job
Cashier helper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2019
Coming from a company that is full of educational things, I find this work as something that someone who needs a full time job profitable. Lot's of hours, though I'm fine with it. They are very flexible if you need to get off work for some reason they will understand and find a way to solve the schedule that fits you.
Pros
Health benefits
Fun place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2019
Enhanced my leadership skills
Built everlasting relationships
Great team to work with
Managing 40 direct reports and providing fast, clean and safe food to all our customers
Quality Assurance management
Productive and good working to work at
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC30 July 2019
loving working at Edo Japan and manager and co-worker are pretty easy to work with, flexible schedule, co-workers willing to help one of each others and will help new worker
fun workplace with badminton court
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC23 July 2019
what i learned at the work place is that i get to learn how to cook on a hot grill. there wasn't any hard part of the job because when you work there for more then 4 years you will get used to the hard part of the job. the most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to interact with customers and co workers.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC19 July 2019
The requirement for cleanliness is very strict. The division of management is very clear, everybody knows exactly what they're doing.
good place to work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB7 June 2019
It is a very good place to work with. this is a fun environment have a teamwork and a very cool owner. I love that we treat each other like a family even I only work here for 4 months.
Horrid management
Casheer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 April 2019
I started the job being promised around 40 a week and never got above 20. Last two weeks of being "employed" I received 0 (ZERO) hours, and the week before those only 8. The reason for the hours cuts is simply they hired more employees even when all the existing casheers wanted more hours.

I only got hours for 3 weeks.
Pros
50% off everything you eat while working. 10% off family and off work purchases.
Cons
Worst management ever!
High Stress Enviroment
Team Leader/Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2019
I would typically work 8-9 hour split shift preparing for rush while watching carefully for work errors and giving team directions to ensure standards are met and exceeded. I would also complete GFS orders before advised days with accuracy.
Pros
50% meal coupon while on shift, 15% off
Cons
Understaffing
good overall
Cashier/server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2019
great people very friendly, good hours very accommodating. the down side being theirs no benefits and little room to advance. over all a great place to work.
Fun place to work
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB5 February 2019
-Fun place to work, customers are normally regulars.
-Workers are normally close to each other as it's a family run business.
-Rushes were stressful at first, but overtime you get better at it.
-Once you become comfortable with your job, they teach you how to make sushi.
Pros
Free Lunches