Edmonton Public Schools Employee Reviews

A challenging but rewarding experience.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2019
1. Assisting with the needs of the students.
2. Medical and physical needs to be met.
3. Literacy and numeracy.
4. Going on outings.
5. Reviews with parents or guardians of the students.
Pros
Paid a good wage along with the benefits received.
Cons
Not paid during summer break.
Great
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2019
It’s a good schoolboard for staff andvery helpful and great benefits. Stabile, fun for the kids........................................................
Great experience!
TEACHER'S AID (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2019
EPS was my first experience working for a school board. I was employed as an Educational Assistant. I found the organization was friendly, helpful, timely, and I was able to secure a contract fairly quickly.
A few years later, I reflect on how streamlined and efficient I found my experience with the EPS. I was able to sub at a few different schools and also was able to work as much as I desired.

Thank you for the great experience!
Pros
Paid training, holiday pay, perks at meetings, cultural diverse, opportunities for volunteer work
Fun workplace
Lunchroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2019
I learned teamwork skills and developed a love for children and watching over them. The work environment was great and I looked forward to each lunch hour with the students.
Principal
PRINCIPAL (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2019
Loved the kids, loved working with staff teams, loved making a difference in the lives of people. Senior management at head office has required growth in the areas of understanding what is actually going on in the day to day operations in the schools themselves.
fun and trustworthy workplace
Supervisor in Elementary School (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2019
Working with kids in kindergarten to grade 6 was truly a fun and beneficial experience that I will miss. Talking and playing with the kids is a job that none other can relate to.
Pros
working with young children
Cons
handling throw up
Flexible hours and a fun environemnt
Lunchroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2018
Every shift is exciting because of the kids i supervise. Throughout the years I've gained important valuable skills. Communication between adults and kids, time management, organization, and adaptive skills. My supervisors gave me freedom to how I would control the classroom while still monitoring how I was doing. The hardest part was monitoring a big field during recess. The best part was I
Edmonton Public Schools is a good place to work.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2018
It requires a lot of energy helping students and the teacher. Overall it is generally fun and pleasing to know that you are helping some people to achieve their aim in life.
Pros
Dismissing earlier the some office worker
Cons
Short lunch break
Supply heart ache
Special Needs Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2018
Working supply is difficult as it is always new faces, new places and new duties. Long term assignments work out best, but do not always come along and changing schools from day to day becomes cumbersome.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
travel
great workplace
lunchroom supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2018
I loved playing with the kids as well making sure they are safe overall it was a great experience getting to work alongside my friends as well as learning more about the kids
Pros
fun experience
Cons
no time to hangout with friends during lunch
Love working at edmonton public schools
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  L Y Cairns School13 June 2018
Absolutely love this job....As an educational assistant with special needs.
So much fun and great kids!!!
Teachers and other staff are so welcoming at my school...So nice and positive environment
Pros
Great kidlets and staff
Cons
Sometimes the classrooms are hot and muggy on hot days
a place you would want to go back to
Lunch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2018
working as a lunch supervisor I had a great experience learning how to work with children. my job as a lunch supervisor was to watch the elementary students as they had lunch and make sure they followed the rules and then for the second half of lunch I would supervise the children in the playground. what I enjoyed the most about this job was that I was always around children. the hardest part of the job was that sometimes the children wouldn't listen.
Administrative AssistantEdmonton, Alberta (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2018

Flexible work hours

Good salary and benefits

Choice of locations

Some supervisors are very supportive

Sense of accomplishment
Pros
Flexible work hours
Custodial Assistant
Custodial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2018
Great staff to work with. Repetitive cleaning. In a secure setting, never working alone and the students were mostly great. Definately a lot of time moving.
Pros
Part of a team
Cons
Can impact the body
Challenging work environment
Snack and Hot lunch Coordinator, Supervision (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 April 2018
Hard work feeding over 200 kids every day, not always appreciated. No benefits or job security. Management sub-par, especially if you are a non-union employee. Lots of personal time spent on emails, etc. Not paid.
Prouctive
Lunchroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2018
Edmonton Public Schools is a great company to be apart of. During my shifts I was a lunchroom supervisor and the pay is higher than minimum wage. They hire students attending the school which helps us gather work experience
Student work experience summary
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  1 Kingsway NW, Edmonton5 April 2018
I worked as a student helper/caterer for multiple years and learned a ton of useful skills with my time there. I typically helped a baker doing an assortment of pastry and deserts. I learned to use a sheeter/roller, stand-up and counter mixers as well as convection ovens and industrial grills/stoves. The management was always a pleasure to work under and was very adaptable to my needs as a student. They always made me feel welcome and always took the time to teach. The hardest part of the job was getting there early enough(7am) to help with buns which was my favorite part because I enjoy learning and manipulating dough and yeast products.
Pros
close to school and free lunches
Cons
only worked an hour a day
Fun Workplace
Classroom Lunch Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2018
Greatest job I have ever had. I wish I could have done it forever but would require more hours than 1 per day, 5 days a week. Best jobs for stay at home moms!
Cons
Fun place to work and amazing staff
STUDENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2018
Great place, had lots of fun everyday. Enjoyed interacting with different people everyday. Other coworkers were great too and the management was awesome.
Classroom Lunch Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2017
Its a great place to work while your kids are in school or your an older adult looking to make a difference, listen, learn and help students these lunch jobs are awesome!