Edmonton International Airport

Edmonton International Airport Employee Reviews

Interesting area room for advancement

Good interaction from management. Many different positions. Good benefits package with retirement options to add to base levels. Paid holidays and floater days available

Pros

Pay

Cons

Changes in schedule (COVID)

Fun place to work

I like working at the airport because all the employees help one another.It's like a happy family. We all got along, the supervisor was there for us.

Pros

Every body got along, there was no friction among the employees

Was a fun place to work

A few good people, but in the last two years there back stabbing in hopes of advancement took over kinda sad they lost some good people, but fun while it lasted

Pros

If you enjoy planes its great saw many different kinds

Cons

Shift work

Awesome Workplace

Worked at EIA as a seasonal equipment operator. Main duty was foreign object debris removal. Amazing place to work. Good pay, good people, good equipment. Is seasonal so your fortune is a tied to the oil patch in many ways.

Pros

Good gear, some down time, pays overtime and other benes

Cons

Rotating night shifts

Longevity is not a key word.

No matter how long you work there you will have NO job security.If they like you, you stay, if not, watch yer back.Best to know someone high up or be married to them... ;-)

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No OT! No Job security.

Had an amazing time at EIA

Job is full of many different positive factors, management is very understanding about taking time off, personal/work related issues etc. The managers/supervisors treat their employees very well and the atmosphere is great.

Pros

Great work/personal life balance

Good company and good mngt

Management and team members are very nice. Working schedule is very accommodating. Management is very carrying. 20 mins drive from home. Neat and clean environment.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Weather con

fun

prefer to leave it personal. great place . good atmosphere. cold .interesting people and cool busy airport ,i recommend Edmonton international airport, secured job.

Great Company to Work for

With a desire to grow and improve it's culture, EIA is a great place to work. From the excellent wages to the great benefits, they try to take care of their employees very well. Management is still a work in progress but there is more emphasis being put on employee engagement and really hearing what they have to say.

Good pay but horrible management in IT Department

The company has so much potential, but until they bring in new Management with new ways of doing things, they will never reach it. Benefits and pay are great! Career growth is very limited.

Good

I was a student in the co-op program. The people I worked with were great and willing to help whenever I needed them. The workload is fair and gets fast-paced during the summer. Overall good experience as I was exposed to different kinds of projects from mechanical and civil.

I made good money when I worked.

Supervisor and management consistently changed leaving employees not always sure of what guidelines to follow. Seems to be a lot of drama and consistent policy changing and closing of existing units.

My Favourite

They provide a shuttle for transportation and a free meal, very nice people to work for, flexible schedules, you would meet people who have been working there for more than 5 years and that's because of the job environment they provide

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

the airport might be far

Productive and fun workplace

Generally a perfect amount of labor with some days a bit tough but that's everywhere. Typical day includes onloading/offloading and arriving/departing aircraft. I also believe the pay should be increased given the sometimes harsh weather conditions mixed with heavy flights.

productive and enjoyable work place

Great job opportunities, staff and management were fantastic to work with. Easy hours and good pay. Get to experience and see things you wouldn't at most jobs.

Exciting to watch people coming and going

Working at an airport is great. You get to see people leaving and people coming. There is an excitement in the air that is very evident before you even get to the work.

Excellent working environment

I was fortunate to be chosen to work with the RCMP in the SOCC at the Edmonton International Airport. I was also working in a Security position with full access to the entire airport, both airside and public areas. I worked with amazing staff my entire time there.

Pros

The staff I was fortunate to work with and the job itself

Cons

good place to work but the only problem was with the man power

Too much stress physically and mental as there were not enough employee so the supervisors had to work more and do the job of 3 to 4 people work.. If they get enough employees then it is the best place to work and career also would shoot up as there were good in terms of growth in career

Pros

good career growth

Cons

not enough employees

Needs work

Good as far as pay per hour goes. However, you will never work in an environment that is more toxic than this one. No one has each others back, managers are horrendous. If you are bilingual, do NOT bother telling them, as they will walk all over you and you end up getting less choice as far as shifts go.

Pros

Solid hours

Cons

Horrendous management

Quite pressuring work environment

typical day: Handling food and beverage Management: Partial/ Monopolized Culture: Diverse Hardest: Multitasking Enjoyable: Ability to work in fast paced environment

I love to work in the airport enviroment

My review for Edmonton international airport is that I very much prefer working in a safe and secured surrounding. Professional and discipled staffs and high quality customer service.

Pros

Discounts on flights

Cons

Long hour without double pay
  • Edmonton International Airport