Edmonton Catholic Schools Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with a lot of activites to get involved in
SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHER AIDE (SNTA/EA) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2019
The Job and kids were amazing. It was a great place to work. It allowed me to realize new passions and skills that I didn't even know I had. I not only grew as a person but as a Teacher's assistant. Opportunities to grow were also presented so we could adapt to the new students we would be getting.
Pros
summers off with my own kids, great atmosphere
Cons
Not paid over the summer, no security that you'd be at the same school or kids each year
A great interdisciplinary model
Emotional Behavioural Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2018
A wonderful group of professionals working together to support the needs of students with many diverse learning needs. Collaboration is valued and used frequently.
A good district for Catholic teachers
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2018
It is a good district to work with if you are a Catholic. For a non-Catholic, there are hardly any opportunities for you as a teacher. You can, however, get a job as an Education Assistant even as a non-Catholic. Most Schools under the district has a decent work environment and friendly staff.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Required to be a practising Catholic.
This is an everchanging job.
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2018
The job is working with children with special needs. The days are always changing - depending on how the child is feeling at any particular moment of the day.
Great place of work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 June 2018
A community of like minded people who come together to educate the future leaders of our world. Collaborative work environments that are constantly growing.
Bonne école
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
Bonne école et bonne ambiance je le conseille pour tous
Great and friendly place to work
Bookroom Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2018
It was an end of summer job, just to make a little extra money. We were provided with a free lunch including drinks and dessert. The pay was great and it was great to interact with and help new students.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, friendly employees
Not what it used to be
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 November 2017
Teachers are paid well, but there is no such thing as work-life balance. Each principal makes decisions as they see fit and it's like roulette whether you are with a good one. Students might abuse you and there will be no consequences. The district will promote so-called Catholic values more than human rights. You will burn out in ten years.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Stressful
Engaging and ever-changing environment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
Workplace culture relies heavily on the administration of the day as they provide the basis for the cultivation of relationships between and amongst staff members.
Pros
working with students
Cons
administrative discord
Amazing district to be part of
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2017
Always treated with the upmost respect. Took care of their their staff, as a mother working part time very accommodating and undeterstanding. Would recommend
Pressive education
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 July 2017
Edmonton catholic is always updating their teaching methods and teach their staff top skills in the field. Staff is friendly and supportive. It is difficult but rewarding work.
Pros
Continuous personal growth, progressive, fun
Cons
Difficult to obtain permanent contract
Great Place to work
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2017
You are trained well and given a chance to learn new skills. The administration are dedicated, caring people who care as much for the welfare of their staff as they do their students.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
tough work days if a child is having a bad day
Great Place to work
Consultant (K-12) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta Canada15 May 2017
One of Alberta's top 70 employers. Great staff and leadership team. Benefits are fantastic. Human resources was very easy to get along with and they always made sure that we were taken care of.
Ecsb
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2017
Very good staff and support with a team of teachers and assistants helping each other to assist students with disabilities and special needs. An open door policy to talk about issues and needs.
Pros
Education, working in a professional environment
Productive and fun workplace
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2017
Working as a support educational assistant at Edmonton Catholic Schools opened many opportunities for me as I develop my career. It is a fun and learning experience!
Its a good place to worki
Educatuonal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2017
It is really an awesome place to work. The staffs are friendly, accommodating ,understanding and Co operating. We work as a team and we always stay on focused. We have great passion for the kids,mostly those that need special attention.We always take the kids out for field trip and the kids always have fun .The Edmonton Catholic Schools is well organize in a way that you will always see it as a family. Every body is treated well no matter your race or colour. Teachers in Edmonton Catholic school's are well train and they are always ready to work. You hardly know the Principal because he or she will humble to render some services you never expected. Indeed this is a place to learn humility, service and team work. We carry the parent alone, we also make sure wee attend to them at any time they need our services.
Pros
I like the fact that children are being thought good moral
Cons
Sport compitition is jet to be introduced
Great place to work that provides various opportunities for growth.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2017
If you love working with children this is a great place to work. You are given alot of experiences for growth, no day is the same which is great if you hate doing the same thing over and over again.
A exciting anf varied work place in an atmosphere including a vast array of cultural and ethnic individuals.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2016
Working at Edmonton Catholic Schools has been a huge learning experience for me. It has allowed me to grow as a person, teacher, coach, mentor and administrator. The enviornment is warm, and collegial while keeping the needs of the students in the forefront.
See below
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2016
• I am a self-motivated, task orientated individual with the ability to work independently or as part of a group. I learn new skills quickly
Pros
benifits
Cons
no flexiblity
Amazing work with amazing people
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2016
My time with ECSD had been amazing so far. All of the people are incredible and there is always something fun going around the office.