Edmonds Community Centre Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace.
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 March 2018
Edmonds Community Centre has provided me with so many opportunities, and has shaped me to have strong interpersonal skills. Volunteering here has taught patience, organization, and a good social life/work balance. I have learnt to be patient whilst working with children. I have learnt to be organized while managing data statistics. Lastly, I have learnt to balance my social and work life with helpful tips, and flexible hours.
Pros
Great, friendly environment.
Cons
None.
A good learning experience
Canada Revenue Agency Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 July 2017
It was a good overall learning experience. I would like to thank the staff. If anyone would like to have a job at Edmonds Community Centre, I would definetely recommend it.
Productive and Postitive Environment
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 January 2017
In a typical days work I would help maintain the gym (eg. clean machines, etc) and follow the workers on their everyday duties

I learned what goes in to working at a community center like the rules and policies of the workplace

Being a volunteer, the hardest part of the job was probably not knowing much of the answers when people asked me questions

The most enjoyable part of the job was probably friendliness of the community. I was able to have small conversations with some of the patrons especially since it was during the Christmas holidays

The supervisor was also super nice to give me 2 drop in passes as a Thank You
Pros
Able to experience what it's like to work in a gym facility
Cons
Limited Jobs due to the fact I'm not certified
Working at a summer camp.
Camp Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 August 2016
Working as a volunteer at Edmonds Community Centre at Camp Adventure was an interesting experience-it was my first long"ish" term volunteer work and my first school assigned work experience placement. I worked there for 2 weeks from 8:30 to 5.
I enjoyed it for the most part-most of the kids were pretty cool and nice which made it easy to spend all day playing and looking after them. The three camp leaders in charge of the camp were nice and they were pretty cool and let us do our own thing with the kids most of the time.
The worst part of the job was the swimming days on Thursdays because I do not know how to swim and have the fear of the water, so that was the worst part for me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun with the kids and just creating a bond with them was the absolute best and an amazing feeling because I love kids.