Edge Imaging Inc. Employee Reviews

Photographer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
Good Place to work. Long days, but they are fun if you are at a good school. Some of the schools aren't as enjoyable, but that is the way. If your tall, the little kids can be killer on your back.
Photography
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2018
Pretty good. Responsible company, payment always on time. Always training available for improvement, you can always request additional training for your own convenience.
productive and very busy place to work
Order Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 February 2018
enjoyed working for edge imaging,
processed school photos, processing money orders , also did some customer service.
company was only on a temporary casual basis
Awesome environment if you like working with people
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 January 2018
I really enjoyed this job. The training was really helpful to understand how to take a great portrait using their studio set-up. My regional manager and coworkers were also all great people to work with. If you enjoy communicating with people of all ages and have good patience with some of the younger kids, this job is quite fun to do. Unfortunately due to the nature of the business, it can't be a year-round job which is the biggest downside. The pay could be better but otherwise it's a great filler job between August-January.
Pros
Great work environment and learning experience
Cons
Not a job you can work year round. The pay could be better.
NO room for growth or higher pay
general labour (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 September 2017
Pretty bad work environment with low pay for general labours who work hard and for those 5 years plus only getting $14 is pretty sad.

Mangers dont really give positive vibes and don't acknowledge the good work.

Its pretty depressing place to be at and the give pizza only 1 once.

They are very cheap and charge a a lot for there product
Pros
pizza once
Cons
Not good pay
Fun workplace with a cheerful ambiance
Retoucher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 August 2017
Edge Imaging Inc. has a nice, relaxed aura and open concept workspace. Employees are friendly and open to group celebrations of holidays and birthdays.
Fun Workplace but little opportunity for permanent
Senior Photographer/ Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
Working at Edge Imaging is exciting and fast paced in the fall. After the Christmas holidays, it is difficult to get 40 hours a week. people who go into the job must understand that it is a full time temporary role and that it passes quickly.ideal for freelance photographers. little room for permanent growth within the company
Pros
fast paced, nice people, days start early but end early
Cons
no guarantee in work
Fun workplace but terrible pay and stability
Little bit of everything (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 January 2017
Extremely welcoming and comfortable place to work. However, you have to start off with contractual agreements, being let go often, low pay etc. Once you've proven your worth you may be offered a more stable position however still with low pay. Expected to be reliable to the company although it isn't reciprocated. In other words it's a great job if you are just passing through or aren't looking for a demanding job.
Pros
Pizza days, great and friendly staff, regular fun events for staff
Cons
Low pay, constant lay offs
A pretty bad place to work.
Photo Retoucher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 December 2016
Take a job here only if you are desperate. The wages are bad and the demand is high. The management has the worst communications skills of any job I have ever had, really, the worst. If I didn't have to live through it I would have imagined it to be a bad comedy of errors; once my supervisor went away for a a few days and we were informed of her absence only by her "vacation" reply on her email. This place is a joke!

They have a Christmas party each year, but only invite the full-time staff, and not the seasonal staff, even though the seasonal staff are working over Christmas time. No only are the contract staff not invited, a concerted effort is put into trying to keep it a secret from them.

They get away with not paying benefits or giving any sort of job security by hiring people on "contract" and then laying them off last minute. The way employees are treated is a little unbelievable, I saw people laid off with 30 minutes notice after months of being asked to work weekends and overtime.

One of the things that disgusted me the most was the "food drive" that was put on by the company for a local food bank. The company asks the employees to donate (Edge Imaging receives a plaque for this, to display in the foyer to announce their altruism), meanwhile they pay just cents above minimum wage and lay people off so frequently that it is their employees that are the demographic that need to use food banks!

I witnessed the lowest morale of any environment I have ever worked in. The people that work here long enough become like zombies. Also, a lot of "cliques"
  more... and managers playing favourites. The company does not seem to understand the value in good, trained and professional management. In the end I think they lose, no one with self worth will stay at a job here. They will lose all hard working and talented people because they refuse to pay living wages, provide job stability, benefits, a pleasant work environment, or competent management.  less
Pros
Pizza parties
Cons
Very poorly managed, from top to bottom.
Fun work place environment
Photographer (contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 November 2016
Everyday was different. New school, different set up and new people each day. I learned how to set up my equipment and take pictures of individuals in small spaces. I became aware of how much lighting and posing subjects both play a very important part of taking the perfect picture. My co-workers were awesome and so helpful with assisting the 'new girl' when needed.

It was a great place to work!
Productive working and learning environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 September 2016
A typical day at work consisted of packaging certain images into different categories and groups. In the short time that I have worked at Edge Imaging I had learnt many skills. A few being working well independently as well as within a group, the ability to accept criticism and initiative.The management was very organized and developed and the co- workers were incredibly warm hearted, welcoming and down to earth.The most difficult and the most enjoyable part were the everyday learning experiences I gained as well as my skill set.
Pros
The people and management were both the best things about this job.
Cons
I hadnt work there long enough
Be prepared for low wage demanding work, sweltering gyms, only benefit gain portrait experience.
Portrait Photographer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Toronto31 May 2016
Beware was not made clear in interview that you are required to lug, store and transport all equipment which will fill your entire car. Also school shooting is in sweltering school gyms. You are in no way prepared for the high volume. As to support from co-ordinators well let's just say you are basically on your own. Pressure to finish the school as early as possible constant. Towards end of school day quality becomes secondary.
Great Atmosphere
Retouching (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 May 2016
Low key atmosphere and flexible schedule. Good place to go after school for some working experience. Understand that it's mostly seasonal.
Very unbalanced and no guaranteed hours
School Photographer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 January 2016
I worked for Edge for 3 seasons. Managers have their pets as I'm sure all companies do. Hard work, dedication, integrity mean nothing to this company.First 2 years they gave me a Christmas bonus, this year, NOTTA! New people get hired every season and then yours hours get cut. I just recently quit as I am now only getting 1 to 2 shifts a week if I'm lucky. Lots of wear and tear on cars too.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
no hours, no fairness
So Close, Yet So Far
Retoucher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 December 2015
When you first arrive the company appears to be bright, exciting, innovative, and successful. The company seems to be like a community of friends working together to provide quality service. They prepare you by giving you roughly a week of training an then once the school season begins that's when the madness breaks loose. If you go into retouching they show you the ropes of Photoshop as well as using a tablet.
You try your hardest to offer quality, but they push quantity so much that it becomes so easy to forget about quality. They went from wanting excellent photos to "just okay" photos, and this seemed like a weird and questionable move, but no one really voiced their opinions.
Many of the co-workers are friendly, but at the same time they seem reserved and they already have formed cliques that aren't as welcoming as they'd make you believe they were. In fact, new contact employees were not invited to the Christmas diner and this caused some confusion and really bought the morale of the new hires down.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace. As mentioned they want quantity over quality and they want the product out of the door as fast as they can. But this causes many issues and complaints from their customers.
The most enjoyable part was doing the best I could, working with a positive manager, meeting like minded individuals to form connections and friendships with, as well as doing something I enjoy.
Another issue is a lack of communication regarding your future with the company. One day they give you the impression you will return next year, the
  more... next day there are rumours that your contract will end in a week.
If you have a few months to kill and are in need of a job, then this might be the perfect match for you.
Pros
Listen to music while you work, friendly people, interesting job
Cons
Lack of direction/ management, unknown future with the company
Not worth your time!
Production (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2015
Some co-workers were great! There is a definite lack of communication between departments and managers. Laid off every 4-6 months for 4-6 months. Very little chance of advancement. They do not post internally they just give the full time jobs to whoever they choose. They impose "mandatory overtime" on weekends. Hard work, dedication and seniority mean nothing. They give hours in the "off season" to whoever they want. Machines malfunction on a daily basis. Seriously, do yourself a favour and don't work here. Don't get sucked in by the occasional pizza party lunch. You deserve better!
Pros
Some co-workers were great!
Cons
Everything I listed!
Fun season work! :D
Photographer (Temporary-seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2015
I love working for this company. The management, and my coworkers are fantastic! It is a great learning experience, and very supportive work environment! :)
Great place to work.
School Photographer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 December 2014
Great management
Supportive team members and coworkers
Lots of variety
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Early mornings
very fast paste
School Photographer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 December 2014
Working at Edge was fun, training was a bit far a way but over well worth the drive because you get paid to drive to and from the training center. I've learned how important words can be used to effect different ages of people. Working in schools everyday will get you sick fairly quickly.
Pros
fun
Cons
wake up early
Calming and productive workplace
Photo editor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 September 2014
Night shifts were the best I've ever worked at a company and Edge imaging was a calm place to work in. This is mostly true due to the fact that i loved what i did there.
Pros
Night shift
Cons
short lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edge Imaging Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Edge Imaging Inc. Reviews by Location