Edge Imaging Inc.

Edge Imaging Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
It's all about taking good portrait picture of kindergarten to high school kids .Early hours.Fast paced .Patients is the key when working in schools. Very helpful supervisor, paid trainings. Get to use professional photography gears.You learn a lot .
Over all good experience!
Different adventure everyday. Many early mornings and lots of driving. Work load is in a fast paced with few breaks attitude. Training provided is very good, and you get encouragement to use the skills outside of work
Pros
Great training
Cons
Management won't tell you the truth
The training is wonderful and the support is exceptional. The company provides lots of feedback on the quality of your work. Every team member is a professional and willing to support. Contract work.
Excellent team and management. Always ready to help supervisors.
The best part of this job is Visiting different schools and Interacting with students. There is so much learning on the job.

Moving equipment is the only difficult part of the Job but once set-up its all good.

I wish the pay was slightly more.
The management at Edge is solid, understanding of personal scheduling, helpful to newer employees and give more than enough training before the job starts. I've worked with people who were very inexperienced and people who had done it for years, and it was possible for everyone to be successful on the job regardless of experience level.

I felt like I had to post this because most of the complaints I notice in the negative reviews on here seem to be about the job itself, and not the company. Yes, you need to move heavy equipment, deal with loud rooms full of children, and get up early to be ready for a shift. But that's the work, and Edge takes every reasonable step to make sure you are prepared and able to do the work. They're also very up front with you about the hours and the seasonal nature of the job. It's the type of job where if you know what you're getting into, listen to your supervisors and other more experienced coworkers, and be patient on the job, you'll be able to do it.

The only people I saw leave the job in a negative way were those who brought it on themselves and became unnecessarily confrontational, incapable, or problematic on the job.
Not the best and little close to worst.

Please work somewhere else.

Please do not work for them as a photographer. Edge is a poorly organized company to work with.
The pay compared to what they expect of you is terrible and they don't care about the wellbeing of employees. Middle management is ok but the decision makers by way of pay etc keep it unreasonable and create an uncomfortable and unhappy culture where they claim everyone is "family".
The job is fantastic and so fun! The managers and co-workers are all super friendly and helpful. Excellent training and flexible hours. Only downside is it isn't year round (which makes sense since it's school photos lol)
Pros
Excellent environment, fun, high-paced
Cons
not year round
This position takes a lot out of you. Very early mornings, nosey work environment as well as high stress due to large amounts of students and only so many hours in the day.
The position in addition to being physically and mentally draining requires you to put a lot of strain on your car. While the company pays well as they have a good understanding of what youre doing all day, it is only contract and after the first two months the work really does slow down.
Pros
good pay for the most part
Cons
early mornings and contract
Good Place to work. Long days, but they are fun if you are at a good school. Some of the schools aren't as enjoyable, but that is the way. If your tall, the little kids can be killer on your back.
Pretty good. Responsible company, payment always on time. Always training available for improvement, you can always request additional training for your own convenience.
enjoyed working for edge imaging,
processed school photos, processing money orders , also did some customer service.

company was only on a temporary casual basis
I really enjoyed this job. The training was really helpful to understand how to take a great portrait using their studio set-up. My regional manager and coworkers were also all great people to work with. If you enjoy communicating with people of all ages and have good patience with some of the younger kids, this job is quite fun to do. Unfortunately due to the nature of the business, it can't be a year-round job which is the biggest downside. The pay could be better but otherwise it's a great filler job between August-January.
Pros
Great work environment and learning experience
Cons
Not a job you can work year round. The pay could be better.
Pretty bad work environment with low pay for general labours who work hard and for those 5 years plus only getting $14 is pretty sad.

Mangers dont really give positive vibes and don't acknowledge the good work.

Its pretty depressing place to be at and the give pizza only 1 once.

They are very cheap and charge a a lot for there product
Pros
pizza once
Cons
Not good pay
Edge Imaging Inc. has a nice, relaxed aura and open concept workspace. Employees are friendly and open to group celebrations of holidays and birthdays.
Working at Edge Imaging is exciting and fast paced in the fall. After the Christmas holidays, it is difficult to get 40 hours a week. people who go into the job must understand that it is a full time temporary role and that it passes quickly.ideal for freelance photographers. little room for permanent growth within the company
Pros
fast paced, nice people, days start early but end early
Cons
no guarantee in work
Extremely welcoming and comfortable place to work. However, you have to start off with contractual agreements, being let go often, low pay etc. Once you've proven your worth you may be offered a more stable position however still with low pay. Expected to be reliable to the company although it isn't reciprocated. In other words it's a great job if you are just passing through or aren't looking for a demanding job.
Pros
Pizza days, great and friendly staff, regular fun events for staff
Cons
Low pay, constant lay offs
Mostly short term contract work, so there is no future here. The management are nice and the employees work well together. It is a happy place to work.
Pros
Work culture is very positive
Cons
Short term contracts
Take a job here only if you are desperate. The wages are bad and the demand is high. The management has the worst communications skills of any job I have ever had, really, the worst. If I didn't have to live through it I would have imagined it to be a bad comedy of errors; once my supervisor went away for a a few days and we were informed of her absence only by her "vacation" reply on her email. This place is a joke!

They have a Christmas party each year, but only invite the full-time staff, and not the seasonal staff, even though the seasonal staff are working over Christmas time. No only are the contract staff not invited, a concerted effort is put into trying to keep it a secret from them.

They get away with not paying benefits or giving any sort of job security by hiring people on "contract" and then laying them off last minute. The way employees are treated is a little unbelievable, I saw people laid off with 30 minutes notice after months of being asked to work weekends and overtime.

One of the things that disgusted me the most was the "food drive" that was put on by the company for a local food bank. The company asks the employees to donate (Edge Imaging receives a plaque for this, to display in the foyer to announce their altruism), meanwhile they pay just cents above minimum wage and lay people off so frequently that it is their employees that are the demographic that need to use food banks!

I witnessed the lowest morale of any environment I have ever worked in. The people that work here long enough become like zombies. Also, a lot of "cliques"
 - more...
Pros
Pizza parties
Cons
Very poorly managed, from top to bottom.
Everyday was different. New school, different set up and new people each day. I learned how to set up my equipment and take pictures of individuals in small spaces. I became aware of how much lighting and posing subjects both play a very important part of taking the perfect picture. My co-workers were awesome and so helpful with assisting the 'new girl' when needed.

It was a great place to work!
A typical day at work consisted of packaging certain images into different categories and groups. In the short time that I have worked at Edge Imaging I had learnt many skills. A few being working well independently as well as within a group, the ability to accept criticism and initiative.The management was very organized and developed and the co- workers were incredibly warm hearted, welcoming and down to earth.The most difficult and the most enjoyable part were the everyday learning experiences I gained as well as my skill set.
Pros
The people and management were both the best things about this job.
Cons
I hadnt work there long enough
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edge Imaging Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6