Eden Gardens - Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society

Eden Gardens - Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
There has been an extremely high turnover of Administrative staff and Management. It is clear they are unsure of how a union run facility works. Working short a lot. A lot of perm staff are unapproachable
The management is much for anything but the all the HCA Nurses and support services are amazing care kind people everyone the because they care about the people they are responsible for.
The concept of eden gardens is great they carry through is not perfect.

The dynamic of support services staff and medical staff has a negativity. It starts at the top, treating people like they are beneath you due to position or education without consideration of the overall goal of the elders is crazy to me. If the medical staff management feels that the support staff and care aids are lower than them it trickles down the ladder...

Higher management seems disconnect from staff. Often raising up some of the most frequented bullies, apparently clueless or playing favorites.

High turn over in payroll/scheduling and with higher management again clueless that the nurses mess with the schedule of disliked employees to throw their schedule off kilter and affect their pay but in doing so causing a terrible problem for their payroll person to fix.

The work environment can be really good depending on who you are working with but if you are a casual/on call employee you won't always know who you'll be with and it causes a shortage of casual workers who would rather pick up shifts somewhere else that doesn't have a scheduling mess or anything else...

I've been told this is the industry but I thought the Eden concept might help with that environment but instead it has manifested into something altogether different.
Pros
Most workers are kind, host staff events
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, workplace bullying, management disconnected, dishonor employee rights
I love working at Eden Gardens. All the Care Partners who work there from Dietary, Housekeeping to RCA's and the Residents make it so worth going to work. ❤
Cons
as a new employee with Eden Gardens I can say that my first month has been amazing. With caring and supportive staff, great leadership and wonderful residents, it's clear why this home has the great reputation in the community that it does.
There is a move towards a more inclusive and supportive culture but ultimately, the home itself has the most loving and invested care partners I've ever met. Every person seems to have the bottom line clear, we are here for the residents and to make their lives wonderful.

there is great support from all levels of the organization on the philosophy of care chosen, The Eden Alternative. I'm so excited to be there and a part of such a great organization.
Pros
great teams, good pay
It is a facility that is busy on a daily basis. I dispense medication, patient care and problem solving. The skills I have learned and practice daily are endless. The workplace is a busy fast paced environment. The hardest part of my job is being able to successfully prioritize the responsibilities and have them completed in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the seniors and seeing a smile on their face.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Busy environment
First and only care home i have worked at so far in my career. Best place to work by far. Friendly staff and supportive environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eden Gardens - Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eden Gardens - Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6