Eddie Bauer

Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
I worked at Eddie Bauer for about 10 months. I had pretty good experience. My manager was flexible with scheduling and didn't make you feel bad for taking time off. She now works at the North Vancouver location. When I was hired on the starting wage was 13.75 and minimum wage was 11 something. (That was 2018) the company is kinda disorganized now because it changed hands
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Disorganized
Everyone is so nice and it's a great place to work. Great training as well. However, only managers get full time hours and benefits. All other employees get next to nothing hours.
There is daily training for sales, product knowledge, and cash. Very important to multi task on cash and communicating through the earpiece.

The weekends are very busy and can be stressful. The management is great with support and making it a team.

Working here taught me a lot about sales/customer service and team work. I would recommend working here.
Was a great team to work with because people came to have fun and make some money at the same time. There is sales goals placed but not hard to reach being realistic on what customer may purchase. Mostly focused on clothing line for the out doors with seasonal adjustments to the outer weather and some gear options as well.
I had a lot of great co-workers, and the store manager was great, but the job was very stressful because of company policies that don't make sense and seriously affect sales results, lack of support from the help desk with technical issues, poor communication from head office, and a huge drop in quality in the product that we were expected to sell.
customer service sales leader in a fast paced environment. every day is different. customer experience is the number 1 priority. long company history.
When you can’t teust the manager who can you trust? I wouldn’t recommend working for this company as there should no security and the management is out of control
Staff really knows their stuff, and their training before hand is really great. Great environment, challenging and fast paced. The company has a great policy as it is.
The manager I had posted work schedules on Wednesday for the upcoming week beginning on Sunday and most part timers were often getting between 4-10 hours. Management did not treat indigenous costumers fairly and often did not interact with black customers as much as white customers. I spoke to all the people of colour who worked at this location about their experiancew vwhile I was there. Most of the managers were rude and one made inappropriate comments.
management would always change around the schedule for work and never had a site online to see when you worked never stayed within when you could work. i.e said you could not work before 12 on a Sunday and would be scheduled to work before that time
Cons
short hours never long shifts no breaks other then a lunch on a 6 hour day
Can be a really fun place to work if your fellow employees are on the same page. Busy and fast paced so each shift goes fairly quick. Employee discounts are very good.
Easy tasks, but not allowed to talk to coworkers, or stay still in one spot for more than 10 seconds, alot of walking/running. Busy stores on weekends. Very competitive with reaching certain numbers.
Loved working here because it was close to home for me and the coworkers were great which made the job so much better. I also liked the company's products so that made it much more enjoyable to work there as well.
Buen ambiente de trabajo, y buenos jefes regionales
It was a pleasure working here, the staff and management were really down to earth and understanding. Really make you feel a part of the team. Interacting with new people everyday and creating conversations was one of the best parts!
Pays good, part time staff was great, unrealistic expectations from upper management, customers ok, no work/life balance for management- all work/ no life
Was a challenge to keep staff including ASMs
Pros
Good wages, good discount, nice clothing
Cons
Untrustworthy regional manager, unrealistic expectations from company and absolutely no work/life balance
My experience with Eddie Bauer was very poor. I was an ASM and the store that I worked in had absolutely not people management skills and employees were condescended to on a regular basis. The people that worked above me were toxic to work with and I have never experienced this so badly in my many years of retail experience.10/10 would not ever work here again! The employee discount is also frequently the same as the promotion in the store so there no real incentive to work here.
Pros
Good about time off requests.
Cons
Everything else.
Eddie Bauer is a great work environment to learn from like maintaining a certain pace between seasonal days and non-seasonal days. I’ve learned that the staff at Eddie Bauer treats you like family and is always outgoing.
This is the truth

This is a company that has its cloths made in poor countries to save money and maximize profits at there locals expense meaning they have poor morals.

The manager at my location had a favorit employee and so she has all of the shifts while the rest of us were left with nothing, we tried voicing our issues with no action. That being said managers are always a coin toss. Company wise Eddie Bauer is good when it comes to picking the lesser evil.

The reason I got into the position is because I knew someone. That’s a meaningless way of hireing staff.
Pros
Folding cloths and helping customers is easy and clean
Cons
Management is unfair and unprofessional
Would work here again and would recommend anyone who is looking for a first time job to apply here. Fellow employees were very welcoming and willing to help out wherever is needed.
Firstly, the atmosphere here is toxic. The store is divided by types of employees, some are wonderful to be around while others border on abusive. Complaints are made to the manager yet nothing is done.

Secondly, good luck getting hours. There are one or two associates that get a large majority of the hours while everyone else is left with one or two 4 hour shifts. Multiple people complain and as a result management considers hiring MORE people so everyone gets less hours.

Thirdly, the customers here are horrible. I didn’t realize how bad it was until I went somewhere else. Get ready to be belittled, talked down to, and thrown under the bus on an hourly basis.
Pros
Respectful of requested days off
Cons
Everything else
It was a fun environment, the only downside was I was not good at talking to customers and they had an environment that was competitive in who was the best at selling merchandise
Pros
Good workplace and pay
Cons
Competitive environment