Eddie Bauer

Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Can be a fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2019
Can be a really fun place to work if your fellow employees are on the same page. Busy and fast paced so each shift goes fairly quick. Employee discounts are very good.
Easy job/terrible management/poor salary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2019
Easy tasks, but not allowed to talk to coworkers, or stay still in one spot for more than 10 seconds, alot of walking/running. Busy stores on weekends. Very competitive with reaching certain numbers.
One of my best working environments
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 September 2019
Loved working here because it was close to home for me and the coworkers were great which made the job so much better. I also liked the company's products so that made it much more enjoyable to work there as well.
Buena formación
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta9 September 2019
Buen ambiente de trabajo, y buenos jefes regionales
Really nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON30 August 2019
It was a pleasure working here, the staff and management were really down to earth and understanding. Really make you feel a part of the team. Interacting with new people everyday and creating conversations was one of the best parts!
Ok transitional job
Asm (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 August 2019
Pays good, part time staff was great, unrealistic expectations from upper management, customers ok, no work/life balance for management- all work/ no life
Was a challenge to keep staff including ASMs
Pros
Good wages, good discount, nice clothing
Cons
Untrustworthy regional manager, unrealistic expectations from company and absolutely no work/life balance
Toxic work environment environment paired with poor employee discount.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 August 2019
My experience with Eddie Bauer was very poor. I was an ASM and the store that I worked in had absolutely not people management skills and employees were condescended to on a regular basis. The people that worked above me were toxic to work with and I have never experienced this so badly in my many years of retail experience.10/10 would not ever work here again! The employee discount is also frequently the same as the promotion in the store so there no real incentive to work here.
Pros
Good about time off requests.
Cons
Everything else.
Outgoing and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2019
Eddie Bauer is a great work environment to learn from like maintaining a certain pace between seasonal days and non-seasonal days. I’ve learned that the staff at Eddie Bauer treats you like family and is always outgoing.
God save us all
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON30 April 2019
This is the truth

This is a company that has its cloths made in poor countries to save money and maximize profits at there locals expense meaning they have poor morals.

The manager at my location had a favorit employee and so she has all of the shifts while the rest of us were left with nothing, we tried voicing our issues with no action. That being said managers are always a coin toss. Company wise Eddie Bauer is good when it comes to picking the lesser evil.

The reason I got into the position is because I knew someone. That’s a meaningless way of hireing staff.
Pros
Folding cloths and helping customers is easy and clean
Cons
Management is unfair and unprofessional
Fun environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 April 2019
Would work here again and would recommend anyone who is looking for a first time job to apply here. Fellow employees were very welcoming and willing to help out wherever is needed.
Do NOT Work At This Location
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 April 2019
Firstly, the atmosphere here is toxic. The store is divided by types of employees, some are wonderful to be around while others border on abusive. Complaints are made to the manager yet nothing is done.

Secondly, good luck getting hours. There are one or two associates that get a large majority of the hours while everyone else is left with one or two 4 hour shifts. Multiple people complain and as a result management considers hiring MORE people so everyone gets less hours.

Thirdly, the customers here are horrible. I didn’t realize how bad it was until I went somewhere else. Get ready to be belittled, talked down to, and thrown under the bus on an hourly basis.
Pros
Respectful of requested days off
Cons
Everything else
Good work place
Stock room/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON12 March 2019
It was a fun environment, the only downside was I was not good at talking to customers and they had an environment that was competitive in who was the best at selling merchandise
Pros
Good workplace and pay
Cons
Competitive environment
Busy, and overall a good steady retail job.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 March 2019
If you are outgoing and talkative this is a great job for you. Approaching customers is a must, so any introverts this could be a no for you. Very organized, great products, and a good community.
good atmosphere
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2019
Great and fun atmosphere to work in. Coworkers are great and there's usually not too much standing around. As an employee there you get up to 60% off on product so that is great.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Slow during all times except Christmas
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 January 2019
Love working here. my coworkers and management were amazing. Learned a lot about different type of jackets. Loved educating customers on jackets and helping them find the perfect jacket for them
Productive work environment with positive co workers
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2018
With a welcoming and easy going environment at Eddie Bauer, it made it fun to learn and grow skills that now help me in my day to day life such as; betterment in communication skills with customers and people in general, and being surrounded by managers and coworkers with goal oriented mindsets advocates for success.
The management at Eddie Bauer is outstanding. Working just as hard or harder than the people they managed, the managing team gained my respect instantly and made it all the better to work alongside them.
For me personally I did not find any part of this job that was necessarily hard that could not be easily taught to me in an efficient manner.
Pros
employee discount, coworkers, company policies
Cons
long hours to stand on feet.
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Amazing place to work everyone is friendly the management is helpful the hardest part of the job would be what you would consider hard to be because working there overall was an amazing experience.
Great place to work!
Sales Guide and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, on12 September 2018
It was a fabulous job to have during the school year. Flexible working hours, fun place to be and great training programs to set their employees up for success. Would recommend to anyone looking for a PT job while in school.
Fun workplace with great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 September 2018
Great place to work, when I arrived management staff was about 3 weeks old, they were great people to work with and would even stay in touch out of work, The store & co managers were very friendly and caring, which made the work experience a lot greater, the work environment like any retail job could be stressful at times, but everyone was helping out each other.

The downside was the hours, they had strict hour restrictions from corporate which made it tough for the staff to get the hours they wanted and was the reason I had to leave. another one was no commission they would push us to sell a lot but we didn't really have rewards for our hard work.

I recommend this job for anyone who is looking for a good environment to work in the retail department with a nice and caring staff.
Pros
Great staff & employees, not too busy or rushed
Cons
Hour restrictions from corporate
Great learning experience and training
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2018
Eddie Bauer is very competitive place to work with set goals every day. Always something to do either talking to customers or folding clothes. The people that work there are very friendly and always nice to talk to which is needed for slow nights.
Pros
Work Enviroment
Cons
Short Hours