Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

would not work here again. Avoid at all costs!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2018
Terrible job. Management demeaned coworkers and demoted assistant managers to regular sales associates (after they had already been trained) It was horrible for morale. Overall, not a fun experience, I worked there for a couple of months, it would've been better elsewhere.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
demeaning managers, low morale
Fun workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 March 2018
Great Management & Staff
Outstanding Customer Service
Amazing Return Policies
Staff Acknowledge Customers , very open to Complaints & Solving problems
Pros
Amazing workplace and management
Cons
Mystery shoppers every month
First job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 February 2018
A good first job for young adults. minimum wage is to be expected and average shifts. simple requirements and expectations. mostly fairly easy achievable tasks.
Workplace that is fun and different every day
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
Every day that I go to work I am able to meet and help new, interesting people. Whether they are in a hurry or browsing for a new retail item, every individual showcases how diverse and exciting the society we live in can be.
Work
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 November 2017
Great product and brand. Everything I own is still Eddie Bauer. Lasts forever. Was great working there. Lots of amazing staff. Still friends with a lot of people I used to work with.
Excellent Product
Part-time Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2017
Excellent co-workers and customers. Product is high-end and semi-affordable, which makes it easy to sell to customers.
Hardest part: Difficult customers, product inventory, and merchandising
Best Part: Customers are excellent. Co-workers are excellent, hours are great (mall hours 9-9).

Thoroughly enjoyed working with my team and putting a smile on customers faces while selling excellent products.
Pros
Great product and discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Best place to work
Co manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 October 2017
Competitive salary with engaging management. Specialty sales skills required. Can be slow at times not a lot of volume for higher priced premium store. Attention to detail a must
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
An excellent fast paced learning environment
Guide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2017
Great competitive atmosphere, fast paced. Poor management at my location unfortunately. Great products, awesome discounts. Too demanding for minimum wage.
Pros
Great training
Cons
No raises, poor management, far too demanding for minimum wage
Good working environment
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 August 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Eddie Bauer and would love to work there again. Eddie bauer is to american based for me in canada. Strong team of store managers and district managers in my area.
Pros
Good HR policies and discounts
Cons
slow sales growths
Even worse than a regular minimum wage job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 June 2017
I was lucky to get two shifts a week and they would never be longer than 3 hours each; thats what happens when you have as many managers as part time workers. Not only that but the store manager was quite rude.
It was great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2017
I felt like part of the team from the first day. The managers really invested time into each sales associate to make sure we were comfortable with the job. Whenever we had a floor move to do each season we would make a party out of it.
Straight forward retail
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
Eddie Bauer is a straight forward no nonsense retail shop that has an interesting backstory and a easy to understand goals. As long as you keep your head down and do the job everything will work.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management is hard to work with
Very friendly staff and customers
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2017
A typical day at work would start off with me checking emails, looking at the sales of the day before, looking at each guides performance and making out the schedule and each persons goals and responsibilities.

Uphold our standards, restock the sales floor, replenish, receive stock. Most importantly, serve customers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Overall, great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2017
Lots of resources to learn various departments and areas of the store. Great culture and atmosphere. Quality product that makes sales easy. Lots of pressure from upper management, however lots of resources to help if you get stuck. Also benefits are great.
However, company does need to make sure that if you are promoted you get placed with a new sales team and needs to ensure that training schedules for new positions are followed through.
Pros
Great atmosphere, good benefits
Cons
Training needs to be regulated
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 April 2017
Strengthing customer service skills by talking to customers, getting to know the customer than selling to their needs. In-store visual merchandising, dressing mannequins, laying out table displays and building window displays. The best part of working at Eddie Bauer is talking to interesting people that are living their adventure going traveling or on an exciting trip somewhere, and outfitting them with the gear the need to have the best experiance.
Eddie Bauer
Retail/Organizer/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2017
A typical day at work deals with pleasing customers and keeping the store in perfect condition. I have learned a lot about communicating with others, and selling product.
Fantastic job
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2017
Job was filled with joy. You worked at a constant rate and if it was a slow day, you would help management better the store by any means necessary. Felt like you were a part of a good team.
Pros
Free Lunches
Too much chaos
Pattern Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA1 February 2017
This company has been through too many CEO changes. Most CEO's in the apparel industry take jobs in companies, make changes and then take a job somewhere else leaving the employees to clean up the mess. EB is no exception.
Eddie Bauer is a great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 January 2017
I really enjoyed working for Eddie Bauer. I was able to work with a great team and great atmosphere. Every day was different, it involved selling, training, merchandising. The most enjoyable part of working at EB was the values that the company withheld and the great team i got to work with. I was challenged and fulfilled throughout my employment at EB. I left EB to attend school as a Medical Office Assistant.
Busy only one time of the year.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
Get in to work put on my badge approach the manager who would assign me a the part of the store where I should be working. I learned to interact with the public and not to be afraid to approach people. Management was really good and helpful. My co-workers were fun to work with and had lots of knowledge about products that we were selling. The hardest part of the job, was turning away a customer, because you didn't have what they wanted. Learning about how different clothing kept you warm.
Pros
Working in a friendly enviroment
Cons
No long term employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.