ED Products Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON1 March 2018
Communication is horrible, don't value their employees at all, they pick and choose who they like, horrible place wood only suggest to work their for stepping stone for only a couple months. Horrible place.
Place is shutting down only temp work
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON22 February 2018
They are shutting the place down and only hire you as a temp then seem to get rid of the temps every couple of weeks.HR gas no clue what they are doing and its very High school like setting stay away
Pros
Cons
Stand all day for little money
Repetitive Labour
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON20 October 2017
Worked there for a couple of months, and the job got boring, real quick. Same work, every single day, and it doesn't change ever. Managers don't give clear directives either, as to what you should do, as they were always late or absent.
Great culture, little to no advancement opportunites
CNC Operator (Wire Processing) (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON28 June 2017
See summary for my information about working for this company. This is really all of the relevant information I have to offer about this company, without going into too much detail.
Laid back enviroment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 April 2017
I was very happy at E.D. Products but, unfortunately they may not be around much longer. My department was laid off and no one has been asked back as far as I know.
ED Products.
Cable Prep & Technician (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON30 January 2017
ED products has been a wonderful company to work for, they are very flexible and accomodating. The people there are very helpful and will go out of their way to help you get a job done!
Good co-workers, Not good security to the job
shipper/receiver/ material handler (Former Employee) –  welland ontario31 August 2015
E.D Products offed good work hours from Monday to Friday 8-430, the atmosphere was great, good people to work with. However the security of the job was not there, always rushed to get shipments out with non realistic dead lines.
Pros
Free lunches every other wed and 50/50 draws every friday
Cons
non supportive management
Horrible. Juat horrible.
Assistant to guy doing wire spools (Former Employee) –  Welland, Ontario28 May 2015
Worked there through a temp agency. Job lasted about two weeks before there was talks of the company that ED rented their tie-wrap guns from not receiving payment, but ED still needed the guns for another week.

Was let go after that, but was told by the agency that they wanted me back at the end of the month. 3 months later and nothing. So glad I didn't go back.
Horrible workplace, horrible management
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Welland ON16 September 2014
E.D Products has great people to work with, horrible management to work for. The people there are very helpful and will go out of their way to help you get a job done. Management on the other hand will not give one HOOT. You can spend as many hours as you like getting jobs done FOR THEM! You are never acknowledged for what you did. But the minute you have made a mistake? You are scrutinized immediately. Never will you hear the words good job from your managers. As a matter of fact, your managers will come on the floor, walk right by you and not utter one word to you. They will not ask you how is it going, or how you're liking the job. They don't even let the lead hands know what is going on. Lead hands aren't made aware of decisions until everyone else knows!

The salary for the work is terrible. Minimum wages and don't even think about a raise. Lead hands aren't even appreciated. My lead hand in particular would come in early every day and leave late. Went above and beyond and they cut her hours, never paid her what she deserved.

I would only suggest this company as a stepping stone for a few months, never for anything more. Terrible management, everyone feels unappreciated, wages are disgusting while the managers make all the money. Most of the co workers are wonderful people though, and there is overtime but no time and a half until after 44 hours.

God forbid you clock in at 7:01, you will be docked 15 minutes but if you clocked out at 3:31 you would not be compensated for that extra minute.

There is no flexibility, don't even think of getting a shift change.
  more... Not even for a day. They will promise you in the beginning that they can work around your shift. But turn around and still back stab you and say that was the shift you were hired for. No matter how much OT you put in.

My advice: DONT WORK HERE! You will NEVER be appreciated and NEVER make a difference either!
Pros
Meeting great people (co workers)
Cons
Horrible management, Terrible communication, Very biased, Not flexible in any way, Does not value employees at all
very family oriented ,family owned company,good people to work for.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 October 2013
I enjoyed workin for ed products.i enjoyed learning new things and workin with my co workers.
People were nice
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON30 May 2013
Preparing wires to be assembled in the assembly area. I learned how to apply different terminals with different hand tools and presses to the different guage wires. Management was pretty good and the co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was working on a pilot project because you had to figure out what worked and what didn't. The best part was gettting that project done and the customer being very happy with it.
Pros
BBQ's
Cons
Steady Afternoon's
Great Company
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE COOORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON17 May 2013
Good company to work for. Days are normally filled with fun and dedication from all levels of the company.
A great company to work for!!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON25 January 2013
The work day was a good day. Time passes very quickly, fellow employees were very god to work with and very helpful. I learned a great deal. What I learned the most about myself was , how to be patient with myself. The hardest paart wqas just gewtting through the training, that is where the patience came into play. I had a wonderful trainer. The most enjoyable part of theday for me was seeing the finished product, which was a electrical harness used in the mining industry.
Pros
great enviroment to work in, good people, including management.
Cons
did not last long due to shortage of work
good place to gain experience for advancement
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader,15 October 2012
Responsible for 10+ employess, set up dies & presses for applications, acquire parts, tools, paperwork associated to customer order. Work with R&D to create ISO based work/part instructions for new parts or customers, problem solve and error proof any man, method or process issues, relay inventory usage & shortage to purchasing,