eCycle Solutions Inc

eCycle Solutions Inc Employee Reviews

Canada51 reviews
Hard working but at same time was fun
dismantling computers and removing the good screen and ram also hard drives bottom batteries,

separating the good screen and bad screen.

removing CPU i7 i5 and AMD process for A8 A10
Pros
understand more about computer components
Cons
targeting number of laptop you dismantle per day by company
it was a great learning experience
-a typical day was fun there ,we looked through old electronics . Took them apart & placed them where they needed to be
- I learned to organize myself better & my time .

-the management for the most part was fare.

-The culture there was just get things done daily.

-Hardest part was staying motivated taking electronics apart daily.

Lastly I enjoyed how diverse all our workers were the cultural clash it was fun.
Knee jerk reations
Top brass would fire with little insight. From CEO down, all was expendable and was let go. The ensuing power vacuum led to political games and infighting.
avis
Il faut travailler vite et remplir les quotas demander.
Terrible management and very dirty enviroment
The environment is awful, very dirty, dangerous, accidents happen every day.
The management rarely goes to the floor and doest care about people, salaries.
Great work environment, fast paced.
Great work environment, fast paced. A typical day included continuous work, Management was great to work with. Alot of standing work and repetitive movement on a daily basis.
> min wage, but not worth the hassle long term
Summer job? Go for it. Otherwise, there's better. 25-50¢ increase in pay for doing a later shift, so it's not highly worth it, tho afternoon seems best. Sexist easy work for the women; they say bring a lock for ur toolbox, then don't compensate u when some temp snatches it & breaks it. Two 1/2hr breaks, but they act strict on punctuality after them w/o considering the time needed to dawn & disrobe ALL the layers of PPE
& uniform, AND wash our hands & faces from the filth as we break open and disassemble appliances, tvs, monitors, and desktops full of chemicals, dust or spider nests. They sink their meager profits into a ton of new temps, build new workstations, new equipment, etc.; for a huge expansion cause other business competition left the industry. Then dismiss ur requests for a raise or to be hired on directly, feeding u hollow promises that they'll make it happen in another 3-4 wks. They don't care about you, no matter how hard you work. Don't get more lockers for temps, say u can leave ur safety vest in the open locker and shoes area, but get mad when another temp takes your vest and damages it on a later shift. My section's conveyor didn't work after the first month, and I had to fetch stuff to disassemble myself. All while supervisors tally the main parts to track my progress, and speed. Not easy to keep up when unconventional designs make it difficult to disassemble, even with brawn. You work alone in each period, the cushioned floor mat may be shared by two stations poorly and ur feet may ache in no time. No stools are given to work on in spite of requests by most
 - more...
Clean
Great place to work! Make a change to world with clean efficient recycle of computer and tv waste. Good technology to do the job. Care about people that work her
Life Learning Experience
eCycle ahahah This place was a life changing experience I was there for 1 year so I can't say I completely hated it but now that I've worked at other places and compare with my time spent at eCycle Ive realized that place had some horrible conditions!! But you can survive there if you don't mind the environment and play your role correctly

The Bad:

- You have to wear the work jumpsuits, and all the PPE requirements including rubber gloves, work gloves of that, glasses, face mask, safety boots AND earplugs!! thats a lot to wear especially with how dusty and HOT it can get in there...

- NO A/C (when I was there) 2017-18... It gets very hot, so the small fan is only blowing hot air at you plus all of the dust from the environment... You basically feel like your in an astronaut suit all day ahah

- Management/workers relationship are non existent unless you go there and really apply yourself and make your own relationships

- 80% of people complain all day, in the change rooms, on shifts, about the conditions of working there ahaha a lot of people quit very quickly some people have been there for years... Its all up to you

-Workplace environment is very boring/segregated, you have a face mask on and earplugs plus foggy glasses on ahah no one is having much conversation... but again it depends where you work in the facility

The Good

- BBQs/Pizza lunch I was there for a year and they have had multiple BBQs usually to welcome new employees which happens frequently ahah

- Promotion is also pretty easy because management /supervisors/all works tend to quit frequently after
 - more...
Good if you're up for it
Fast paced, KPIs on different lines, sorting materials and dismantling with power tools. Good management. Full PPE required and attention to detail. Shifts are great. Would recommend.
it was fun workplace and productive and supportive as well.
I learned a lot from this company, how to manage your time, how to handle difficult situations and how to act quick. I learned the leadership qualities which made my base more strong.
unsafe and bad management
the warehouse building and setup/layout was horrendous. virtually no airflow in a area where hazardous materials such as mercury , lead, and micro plastics were in the air. protection offered was minimal for the amount of hazards. management was cheap and very untrustworthy. plus most of the materials are sent to china to be burnt or sent to landfills.
Cons
unsafe
Director, Quality and Environment
• Responsible for Directing all ISO, OHSAS, and RQP/ARMA electronic stewardship program management systems at multiple Canadian locations to provide safe and responsible electronics recycling and recovery in both Canada and globally.
• Updating and completing all legal and other matrices for all Canadian recycle processing sites to ensure compliance

• Evaluating all four Canadian recycle facilities and all global downstream partners to ensure that all partners and stakeholders uphold responsible electronics requirements and standard expectations.

• Coaching and mentoring Operations Managers and line leaders at all Canadian locations to enable them to develop regional self-sufficient Quality and EHS management systems as part of a greater national program to ensure sustainability.
sweatshop in the first/developed world. shame on you Canada.
no ventilation. cancer haven. electronic recycling with no benefits. awful, greedy top management - if you really want to see a bunch of people have zero care for anyone but themselves, go work here. its humanity at it's worst.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
heavy lifting
physical hard working place, constantly lifting and dismantling product.
the workplace culture is you have to wear proper PPE to work in the warehouse.
Pros
good benefits, Monday to Friday
Cons
very warm in there in the summer.
Great environment
Very enjoyable place to work. Company is growing and making positive changes throughout which is very refreshing to witness and be a part of. Staff is extremely friendly and supportive of their employees. Headed in the right direction, no complaints here.
Great work environment with fun team!
eCycle is a great place to work. You work for an ethically sound company whose main objective is to help sustain our planet while providing a safe and fun work space.

Sales role is competitive, fast paced and challenging. Lots of hands on training supplemented with great leadership and support.

I would recommend this job if you're interested in taking a step forward in your career and up for a change of pace.
Pros
fast paced, comprehensive training, strong leadership, ability to work from home, car package, good pay
Fun place to work! Games room, lots of fun events
We have a lot of fun while we work. There is a lot to do but you have a good team to work with. Positive culture, management is very approachable. Management genuinely cares about the employees. We have a games room, lots of events with food provided. Off site fun events planned after work.

I really like working here!
Pros
Free lunches, games room, very helpful management team
No vision, bad management, toxic culture
One of the highest churns I have ever seen. They give you zero support or training and then expect you to perform. I have seen 90% of their staff change in the last 1 year. The management has zero direction and hr is a joke. You're better off working in a sweatshop.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
No work life balance
Busy small company, overall management means well but given the size of the company, it's tough to advance or have a proper work/life balance. Management team is working on developing a better company culture.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Long hours, on call 24/7
A typical day moves quick
Very poor management.
They do not follow up with employes.

Poor company culture.

Unprofessional managers

In general the work environment was ok. easy task and not to hard to do.
Pros
free lunch on friday
Cons
No organisation