eCycle Solutions Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
As an external consultant great synergy
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Valleyfield Quebec14 May 2018
Well funded company with fast growth. Invest a lot in production and upgrading to reduce costs. Environmentally engaged in reducing greenhouse gases. I would recommend to all in working here.
No Bad
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB1 May 2018
The earlier years were great. New management took over and the place went down hill. I have not been there in years but things may have changed. The work over ruled the family balance.
Alright, if you like to smash and dismantle stuff.
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC7 April 2018
Was alright but management isn't that great, and its very unhealthy and disgusting in there. I was snorting up black soot from my nose everyday after work. They constantly changed things that didn't need to be changed. and they had a quota for the amount of work they expected done which was almost always near impossible to reach and if you didn't reach it you would likely be written up.
Pros
Good friendly staff
Cons
Unrealistic expectations and not so great management
Run away as fast as possible...would give it zero stars if i could
worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2018
Management are a bunch of HYPOCRITES!!!

They make rules for the warehouse workers and then turn around and NEVER follow the rules they created

There is a definite feeling from the office that the warehouse staff is lower than pond scum and should not be associated with...

HR is a joke your complaints are never heard against the office elite and when warehouse staff gets hauled into HR's precious office they're never fully listened too

Was dismissed without written warnings...just dismissed and not even allowed to plead my case

The office elite walk around in this segregated little bubble of theirs and have no idea whats its even like to work on the floor with their ridiculous demands

Drivers are treated with little respect or the smallest appreciation for the job they do and are demanded to do way to much with the time frame by a bunch of stupid people who all they do is sit behind a computer desk and punch addresses into google maps and expect the impossible

Would NEVER work for them...run away as fast as you can and don't even waste your time thinking you'll become permanent because they will find ANY excuse possible to fire you before that even happens..the turn over in there with warehouse workers is huge
Pros
Cons
every minute spent there
Exciting experience at an environmental start-up company
Payroll and Employee Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB4 December 2017
Lots of opportunity to learn how a startup gets off the ground by observing the fast changes and big decisions that shaped ECycle.
Every day was different and I was open to learning from every role helping out wherever I could. This job had many opportunities to try new things and work with management in all of the Canadian locations as the company grew.
Fast-paced and LOTS of learning
Director, Operational Excellence (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
I went through different phases at eCycle, starting when the company had some struggles with its labour efficiency. Although demanding and a bit stressful at times, overcoming the challenge of improving the operations as a whole was very rewarding. Last I heard they are still doing very well in terms of process efficiency. The company is led by very smart people, and the overall culture is Teamwork and Focus. Lots of great co-workers, and good support from leadership. Leaders are very business-oriented, they will provide all support you need if you are a hard worker, and if you are on the right track. What I liked the most about eCycle's leadership is that they are facts- and data-driven. Lastly, one way or the other, depending on whom you work with (I was fortunate to work with very intelligent leaders) you learn a lot - about the industry, about management, about prioritization, about getting down to the real root cause of issues. It is not a very large organization so access to top leaders is wide open however, focus and prioritization are a must as it is not a very large company and senior management is very much focused on results (no room for the big Corporate "fat" you would normally find in large organizations).
Pros
Reasonable flexibility with personal life, good co-workers, simple approach to management, support from leadership
Cons
Sometimes really long days, some noise exposure, comp package is OK
fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2017
Very busy and fast paced place to work very hot place to be inside because u have a jump suite on very hot in the summer the air isn't all that good either.
Moyen
Journalier (Current Employee) –  Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, QC8 August 2017
Compagnie qui change souvent d'avis et s'occupe pas a 100% de ses employées
Green
Worker (Current Employee) –  Canada14 July 2017
Company is good for earth. Helps plant not have so much bad garbage. Good at making sure bad stuff is not going to garbage. People are nice and really know what they are doing. Thank you.
Pros
Good for planet
Cons
Good people
Green
Worker (Current Employee) –  Canafa14 July 2017
Good to know the work helps the earth. Keeps stuff from going into garbage. Place has lots of understanding to do things. Big company. People are nice and help. Thank you
Pros
Lots of knowledge and big company
Cons
Could be air conditioned
good for you
Worker (Current Employee) –  Canada5 June 2017
company is good for environment and people. like the work and what it does for our planet. keep working hard and making a difference. really good for us.
Pros
long breaks. good people. good work. good for environment
Cons
lots of stuff to wear.
productive , learning
AMS Technician (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB25 April 2017
I liked working there , was a good place to learn and grow . Made great friends and was so much to learn from my seniors . Overall , it was a good holistic development
Pros
Great Staff
Safer place to work
employee (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC20 March 2017
New management has been making a lot of changes to the building. A lot of new equipment instaled and even some equipment was later re-instaled to make it better to use. Better ppe. All new processes for all the lines. Determin root case to make reduce injurys. Even the community has noticed a diference.
Pros
We are really good at what we do
Cons
Pay could be better for employees
Change for the better
laborer (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC20 March 2017
New management is looking to improve the way we do business. They care about the safety of workers. They look at ways to make it safer. They own safety to the point of making the change quickly. They promote harasment as not being acceptable. The people that do not perform or work unsafely are talked to.
Pros
Really trying to do better, to the point we are actually doing better, People are good at what they do, there is a lot of experience and know how
Cons
Need to keep getting more negative and lower performer people to leave quicker
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB8 February 2017
Management is supportive and has open door policy and appreciate the good work. But one job title comes with many hats. Work environment is noisy and dirty in the plant.
ecycle chilliwack
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 August 2016
a lot of changes in making the place more organized and efficient. completely different than a few years ago. there are a lot of good people that care about the work that is done. the shop stewards are not appreciated by co-workers as they should be..
Pros
doing good things for the environment. keep trying to make the place a better place to work
Cons
a lot of bad apples have been fired, but there are some more that need to leave as they lower morale for other people
productive and friendly workplace
Accessory Line team member (Former Employee) –  brampton, on20 October 2015
productive and fun workplace with many employees that are all easy to communicate and get along with. not the cleanest air due to the type of work being done, but expected for that type of work environment. safety materials are always provided & the work is not too tasking. very enjoyable workplace
eCycle is slowly getting better each day
AMS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2015
I have been with the company for a little over 4 years and I can honestly say I have seen great improvement especially around 2014 when I made the switch from Operations to AMS.
The AMS Manager has done awesome work in implementing SOP's, procedures and processes, rules etc and it is making a huge difference. Every day I come in to work excited about being in a friendly and encouraging environment. I look forward to contributing to the growing of eCycle and adding my knowledge that I have learned at school as well as here on the job to make eCycle a better place.
Pros
Ams
Cons
only 1 washroom
Manufacturing Company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB21 May 2015
Ecycle solutions is a secure electronic recycling company with over 1000 employees across Canada. it is a lean manufacturer company and taking a quick and suitable decision, according to production capacity, is a key skill.
Job Growth and Opportunity
Management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga2 April 2015
- There exists a strong culture of excellence and teamwork.
- Employees take pride in their efforts and accomplishments.
- A family-focused culture is being developed and promoted.
- A high degree of ethics is displayed by the Executive leadership team.
- Goals and objectives are clearly defined.
- Those in positions of leadership are focused on helping their direct reports succeed.
- The experienced members of the organization take pride in sharing knowledge with new employees.
- eCycle resides within a growth industry and thus presents existing and future employees with opportunities to grow their career and exceed expectations on performance.
Pros
A sense of comradery and passion with employees
Cons
A relative young industry