Economical Insurance
Coronavirus update

Economical Insurance Employee Reviews

Canada99 reviews
Teamwork
Great team members with strong collaboration within the team and between teams and/or departments. Always focused on ensuring the customer is put first.
Complete Lack of Cohesive Leadership
It was the first time I was asked to take dictation as a part of my "other duties as assigned". The f-word was being used on a regular basis, and human resources didn't seem to know what to do about the abrasive, violent, and disrespectul workplace.
fun workplace with tennis table
good place to work, friendly staff, tuition assistance, good benefits, fun environment, lots of opportunity for growth, supportive management and staff
Poor management
Highly recommended that you keep looking. This place is so disorganized even though they like to come across as friendly.

What you get hired to do is not what you actually do. Very poor communication and heavy workload that leaves you feeling stressed.
Pros
Work, life balance
Cons
Poor management, disorganized leaders. Questions you have do not get answered.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Gained good domain knowledge and worked on different tools. has a good work culture.Have up to date technology and tools which give good exposure and learning.
It is a stressful workplace.
The management I worked with is horrible. This specific to just the team i worked. Overall, cannot comment on other teams. The tam I worked for was not a team one would like to work with.
No work life balance
Apply elsewhere if you want a good home and work balanced life.

Employees are very unhappy and the atmosphere is toxic.

You are made to feel invaluable and little support from managers there.
Great place to work - salary good for the Kitchener area
Great place to work - salary good for the Kitchener area but not so much for the Toronto area.

The business management team has been changing lately and that may impact the culture.

Good place for a mid career employer
fun place to work for
a good company to work for, pays well, the company offers good work, life balance. There is always room for advancement and they offer many other job opportunities
Adjusters needs to be more professional
I received many complaints from the insureds that our adjusters fail to follow up promptly. The overall process takes much longer than other insurance companies.
Fooseball table -only one
I would Recommend Economical, but not to people I like.
Certain departments have room for growth, at this time I do not recommend economical because of the layoffs, the turn over and eliminations of jobs is on monthly basis. It is a very stressful company to work right now.
Official response from Economical Insurance
10 December 2019
We sincerely care about your experience as an employee, and we use feedback to help us continually improve. Economical is going through an exciting period of growth and change as we prepare to become a public company and fulfill our ambitious strategy. We are sorry to hear that you’ve found it stressful at times to work here. If you’d like to contact HRSharedServices@economical.com to discuss your concerns, we are here to help.
inclusive and supportive
It's a great place to learn and challenge yourself. You will never be bored. Lots of growth opportunities with support from team leaders. They also have lots of nice social events.
Work life balance
Great place to work if you want a good work life balance....Culture is great, work from home and management approach is fantastic. Highly recommended.
Not much employee interaction
was able to gain experience in claim processes
did not experience much employee interaction

professionalism very limited among employees

highly independent working environment

management not to accessible
Was a good company
They are going to IPO. It is good experience to involve all aspects of their business. But the financial performance according to their published results not good which reflects on your pay.
Pros
Paid sick days
Cons
Long hours and HQ in Waterloo
Professional workplace with skilled staff.
The IT staff were dependable, hard working and well equipped to handle projects and tasks, big or small. I enjoyed the culture and atmosphere. Good place to work.
A good place to start with
To me working at Economical was a learning experience.The team i was associated was great and helpful. The IT leadership was supportive in times of need.
Nice company
Nice Company to work for. Management is good and supporting, easy working environment. Onsite gym, flexible hours, unsupervised work. can go back to this company.
High stress with little management guidance when required
Desperately lacking adequate solid management.
Typical day of being overworked, over stressed, with little or no understanding from the higher-ups resulting a great exodus of employees to other firms.
Great culture and environment but company is not profitable
Our business was bought out by Economical Insurance, but since doing so, there have been no merit increases. Budget has gone down drastically and events such as a Christmas party, was cancelled. Economical is not profitable and it is reflecting poorly on our employees.
Economical Insurance
For some unknown reason the lead IT tech was consistently rude to me and treated me with such overwhelming disrespect, at times accusing me of mistakes that were obviously made by another team member. Compared to his treatment of other team members it seems as though he went out of his way to berate me.
Official response from Economical Insurance
19 June 2019
We’re very sorry to hear you felt disrespected by someone at Economical. We care deeply about our employees’ experiences. Please contact us at HRSharedServices@economical.com so we can learn more about the feedback you shared. To help ensure we’re living out our value of being stronger together, our leaders participate in ongoing professional development to strengthen management skills and build supportive relationships with their teams. We use tactics like 360-degree reviews (employees providing feedback on managers’ performance) and anonymous employee surveys to gather information from valued employees. These tools continually challenge all of us to bring our best to work. Thanks for sharing your concern. We hope you’ve found a satisfying career in your new role.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Economical Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.