Economical Insurance

Economical Insurance Employee Reviews

If you live in the area, and you are comfortable with not advancing in your career it is ok. Forget about Christmas party or other social events, some times they have small events.
Pros
some flex hours
Cons
Bad management
What amazes me more than how people still manage to work is here how clients still use this company’s service. Horrible management and just awful business practices. Stay clear.
Pros
Some what decent benefits
Cons
Managers, business practices, toxic environment, no room to grow
Not happy at economical. the only reason they have not laid ppl off is because the last time they did they were in the media and it was bad news. theyre trying to go public and working on their public image. theyre focused on profitthey dont listen to employeesif you speak up you are reprimanded everyones pay is so different for doing the same jobdo not recommend eco.
Great company to work. I also worked at Economical from 1999 to 2006 when i moved to Kingsway Financial to work as Snr Transportation Underwriter.My job involved training of brokers and junior underwriters.
Pros
Close to home .
Cons
Very long hours
Management should be forced to take interpersonal skills to learn how to talk to staff appropriately. It’s unbelievable how unprofessional they are. I really hope it’s only the department I work in and not the company as a whole
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible team leads
The executive leadership team has shown tremendous support and encouragement since I begin working at Economical. I've never experienced such a phenomenal culture.
Good place to begin career, good team member and team leaders to learn from. Must prioritize work life balance. Great benefits, bonuses based on performance. Con: Work life balance suffers
It was the first time I was asked to take dictation as a part of my "other duties as assigned". The f-word was being used on a regular basis, and human resources didn't seem to know what to do about the abrasive, violent, and disrespectul workplace.
good place to work, friendly staff, tuition assistance, good benefits, fun environment, lots of opportunity for growth, supportive management and staff
Highly recommended that you keep looking. This place is so disorganized even though they like to come across as friendly. What you get hired to do is not what you actually do. Very poor communication and heavy workload that leaves you feeling stressed.
Pros
Work, life balance
Cons
Poor management, disorganized leaders. Questions you have do not get answered.
Great team members with strong collaboration within the team and between teams and/or departments. Always focused on ensuring the customer is put first.
Gained good domain knowledge and worked on different tools. has a good work culture.Have up to date technology and tools which give good exposure and learning.
The management I worked with is horrible. This specific to just the team i worked. Overall, cannot comment on other teams. The tam I worked for was not a team one would like to work with.
Apply elsewhere if you want a good home and work balanced life. Employees are very unhappy and the atmosphere is toxic. You are made to feel invaluable and little support from managers there.
Great place to work - salary good for the Kitchener area but not so much for the Toronto area. The business management team has been changing lately and that may impact the culture. Good place for a mid career employer
Lots of changes both good and bad but overall a good place to work.Good hours and higher end salaries. The culture and environment are overall very good.
a good company to work for, pays well, the company offers good work, life balance. There is always room for advancement and they offer many other job opportunities
I received many complaints from the insureds that our adjusters fail to follow up promptly. The overall process takes much longer than other insurance companies.
One of the best company and project I worked on during my career as an IT consultant. Great teams were assembled both in Toronto and Kitchener. The teams worked and communicated very well. This project used true Agile methodology and was managed extremely well. I was looking forward to go to work every day.
It's a great place to learn and challenge yourself. You will never be bored. Lots of growth opportunities with support from team leaders. They also have lots of nice social events.
Great place to work if you want a good work life balance....Culture is great, work from home and management approach is fantastic. Highly recommended.