Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge Employee Reviews

Canada70 reviews
My first job in Canada, but it was really tough for me because the work was really stressful but I had fun because when I was having too much pressure my boss helped me out. It was fun but it does not exist anymore in my location.
overall it was a great place to work, met and enjoy the duties that where asked off me, yet nothing was really explain, he just, wanted be to do everything yet no real training.
management was good only one person there made it hard, had to work every afternoon because of the other afternoon person but other then that great place to be
My job for most of the time was great to work there, people i worked for and worked with. When new Manager bought the business all changed, list hours no respect for employees and decided to leave and find a better place to work.
Enjoyed meeting with people everyday. It was such a busy place to work and less time to get the job done. I believe they should work on the timing assigned to a room
I like working there it is very nice place with wonderfull Mangment ..
The staff working there as one family ..

They are very flexible in the shifts ...
I volunteered. But Good Place to work.During my visit to Canada I have also volunteered at Econo Lodge, Surrey, Vancouver and worked in Morning and Graveyard Shift. I have performed the duties of greeting and meeting customers, checking-in and checking out of guests, attending telephone queries, preparing room keys, handling cash, providing required information to the guests.
average company, don't expect perks and benefits, no career advancement at all. ideal for students who wanted extra income while studying at nearby schools, UofC, SAIT.
It was good had good people to work for and with. We had lots of fun ag work but we still worked hard and got the job finished. Very reliable people and food training everyone made you feel part of the team
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Econo Lodge?
This is a very old hotel. I'm not expecting anything to them but in a short time period I work to them i'm happy and I can wear any dress I want.. they are not very strict and I'm the only one in my shift so I'm the boss and I can do what ever I want.. very relaxing job..
A typical day can be either maddingly slow or fast and chaotic. You will spend hours running around for all kinds of guests and then be judged by management that cant remember how hard you are working.
Duties included night audit and some accounts related work based on which many decision were taken by the management, work also included customer service at the high level.
anyone that understands housekeeping, room attendant, janitorial work will agree that 415 hr IS NOT ENOUGH and we should be getting at Least $18 hr, I want $22 hr heck we can catch nasty's.
Pros
asked for a raise and got it only .050.. not much lame
Cons
no benefits, no discounts
Econolodge in Brooks, Ab is a very unprofessional place to work. You will only make minimum wage because they legally have to pay this, but any other way they can save money, ie. no benefits, no overtime, they will. This place is always short staffed because it is impossible for them to keep anyone with half a sense who is an honest person.
Pros
hotel discounts at other (cleaner) hotels
Cons
shady management, bed bugs are often a problem, not paid on time working alone at night, too many to say
Front desk is a great job for getting a career started in an office setting, most guests are great, coworkers are nice, no racism, etc. but only for a short period. Security does not exist at Econo Lodge. YOU are the only thing standing between the crazy person coming in off the street (and it's daily) and the guests you're expected to protect. Additionally, hours will be sucked out by people who get paid more and do much less and more work placed on the people who work harder and get paid less, only for those hard workers to be told they cannot exceed 6 hours in a day but are given 10 hours of work.
Pros
Discounts on hotels
Cons
No workplace safety
The staff i had was great but it was long hours and not much support from head office. It was a self taught place. The pay was ok but not for the amount of time and work i had to put in.
There was no improvements made that would allow me to make the place a flying success. I did do some improvements.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long hours/ low pay
Other employees and management are polite and helpful when training. It is a fast paced environment and a physically demanding job. Good hours though if you have kids
Pros
good hours
Cons
fast-paced
I couldn't see myself working here for a prolonged period of time. Managers did not value safety in the war place. Coworkers were great though and I had fun on the job with them.
I was very happy and motivated there . The best part of the job was the job itself.The people here were friendly and ready to help you anytime you need there help.
Only 1 Manager there who works in the Sports bar next door and the Bar Manager there are the only 2 people there that actually know stuff and they work hard.....
Working for a choice motel was a great experience. The staff were great and learned lots. The problem for me was i was straight night shift and with a young family it just wasn't working.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Late hours