Ecology Action Centre

Ecology Action Centre Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews

Loved it there

I love the Ecology Action Centre, the people and everything it stands for. Unfortunately it was a stepping stone to building a caterer as the non-profit environment couldn’t offer a permanent position with a pay scale. Contract work based on government funding made it hard to plan for the future.

Good experience

It was a nice experience working for Ecology Action Centre. I could be stressful sometimes especially working as a membership canvasser but you would be able to meet a lot of awesome people!

Exciting atmosphere and passion for sustainable development

The EAC is an excellent organization dedicated to environmental stewardship. They actively participate and communicate events throughout Nova Scotia. My own experience with them was during the culture of efficiency project (summer 2015), where I worked closely with energy coordinator Emma Norton in developing ECM plans for multiple not-for-profit organizations. Through my work with the EAC we were able to identify over 20,000$ in energy savings over a 5 year period through small & large scale efficiency upgrades. The savings from these upgrades can now be utilized for expanding core programming.

Pros

Flexible work atmosphere

Cons

Projects are often contractual, however can tend to be left open ended

Great NGO

This NGO is very active in numerous environmental areas. Many volunteer opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecology Action Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement