Ecolab Employee Review

R&D is not something to brag about
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eagan8 May 2014
Overall cleaning and sanitation industry is a commodity. Ecolab stands out as a service driven organization therefore it is a good organization for those who are seeking in the Sales department, maybe also Marketing. R&D investment is small, less than 1% of Ecolab revenue, showing innovation is not a focus. Management in R&D acts like marketing and sales roles without indepth understanding of technology.
Pros
Job security, Sales, Bonus
Cons
Salary not competitive, R&D is sub-par

Other Ecolab Employee Reviews

This company is a must have in your portfolio
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 May 2018
I worked for Ecolab for 16 years and was supported by the management team and HR

A very positive experience overall and learned a lot about business.
Pros
Great Pension plan, lots of team building events, recognition of accomplishments was ackknowledged, lots of room for growth and advancement if you wanted it.
Cons
No complaints worth publishing
Great management and staff
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2018
I started at Ecolab on a 3 month contract that extended to a year covering for a coworkers maternity leave. I was surrounded by wonderful, supportive fellow employees and great management! It was hands on the first day I started. It was fast paced and stimulating environment.
Pros
Boss was great, fellow employees were wonderful and supportive, multiple celebratory lunches
Cons
Outdated building, not a lot of cubicles with windows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.