Ecolab
Coronavirus update
Information from Ecolab:

Ecolab Employee Reviews

Canada107 reviews
Challenging but not very rewarding career.
You will be challenged and you will be busy. I learned a great deal about working with people and working with tools. The management team was very difficult to deal with. The culture can be rewarding if positivity stays active but this rarely happened. The hardest part of the career was discovering that hard work and success won't get you promoted. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet and every day is an adventure.
22 April 2020
na
Day started at 7am until 3:30pm with a half hour lunch.
I was responsible for clean up duties at the beginning of the shift following the daily morning meeting.
4 March 2020
This is helpful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
Worse company
Have been here working previously but they have long hours with day and nights every day , long routes and travels with worse management . They can send you anytime any day anywhere . Make false promises .
If you tooo too desperate only then join , better to work at McDonald’s then this company
5 February 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.
Learning new methods in pest elimination
Job is very strenuous and no time for your personal things .
New recruits are on hourly basis.

World class training.

Management is Good.

Service vehicle is provided.

Make your own schedule.
5 February 2020
Good crew and management
Enjoyable place to work. Pretty good crew to work with. Some supervisors could have been more helpful explaining tasks to be accomplished. Some supervisors didn't say much at all, actually.

Good group over all though.
Good company
Good company. Great benefits. Good opportunity for advancement. Bonuses. Good salary. A lot of hours. You need to be dedicated to the job. It's a full life comitment.
16 January 2020
challenging
Be prepared to be a dish doctor on call 24/7 364 days/yr other than vacation time! other than that if you have the drive and mechanical skills necessary you can look forward to a rewarding career.
Pros
set you own schedule
Cons
on call
9 January 2020
Ecolab
Sales and service job requires significant time and dedication. My territory was in western Canada and was very challenging based on the physical geography as well as the territory size.
Pros
Money
Cons
Takes up your life
3 January 2020
Thank you for your review. This is helpful and we welcome your feedback as we're always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Company providing all the tools that you need to dine the job
- vehicle

- phone

- from the day one all the benefits apply

- paid 2 weeks vacation

- all the expanse take care by the company
27 December 2019
People are great assets to this company
I wish I had my contract for longer time with Ecolab, People are great and very helpful. Great working but challenging environment.
Great management
18 December 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the impact you made.
Good company.
I am treated and paid well. I enjoy the challenges of the job. The flexible schedule helps with work-life balance. Overall this is a great place to work.
Not recommended
Not recommended for people to work they don’t care about entry level employees no consideration for opportunities for employees with minority backgrounds
Great place to work!
Great company! Great people! Great benefits! Love to work here, hopefully retire here as well. Work and family balance. Increasing salary annually which is great!
Excellent company
Local and higher management excellent to deal with and created a absolutely amazing work environment. I would highly recommend working for this company.
Degrading
Expect a lot for little compensation. Unpaid for extra work. Don't make mistake as you go before a questioning board. Camera facing driver and road constantly. No privacy
Great company
People are great, management is great. Love working for this company. They give so much back in return to their employees. I have been with Ecolab for almost 2 years and it was the best decision I ever made for my career.
N/a
Water Treatment Services to potash mining, ammonia, aluminum, refineries and power plants.
The service was mainly focused on cooling water, boilers, pretreatment plants. Service Reports, quarterly and annual business reviews.
Productive place to work, potential for career advancement for dedicated individuals. Very friendly and helpful colleagues. Would recommend to anyone looking to keep busy and advance career
Highly specialized job with great friends made
Great company with great opportunities to work up the chain.
I really enjoyed the unique work I was given whilst hired by this company and I made friends with some people that I now think of as family.

The negative; definitely work life balance. In general I believed the company, at least the management I had had completely unrealistic expectation of how long individuals are expected to and want to work.

That being said I would definitely consider working with them again. This company really does look after its valued employees.
All about profits
They promote work like balance but you don't really have one.

You have to arrange someone to work for you if you are planning a vacation or if you get sick.
Pros
They provide you with your own vehicle
Cons
VP is all talk, no work life balance
Direction avec beaucoup d'ego
Un emploi qui demande beaucoup d'autonomie et à la fois non.. beaucoup de va et viens stratégique!
Toujours se refourrer au chef avant de prendre décision car il risque d'y avoir des conséquences.

Le management est très décevant, culture d'entreprise dépassée

Cette compagnie ne suit pas l'évolution du marché au canada et peu de solution pour y remédier. Beaucoup trop de paperwork qui diminue nos performances et temps actif sur le terrain.

L'aspect le plus agréable de ce poste était les conditions de travail et avantages sociaux.
5 September 2019
Merci de partager votre expérience. Nous apprécions votre retour.