Ecolab
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Working at Ecolab: Latest Ecolab Reviews

Canada122 reviews

Found 122 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,384 reviews

Good company with a lot of faults and toxins

Commission is a huge problem when you have to buy your territory and pay for any closed accounts for the rest of your career.Lots of on calls so work life balance is poor. They bash their competitors and are very negative

Pros

Company car

Cons

Always in call, commission, buying a territory, toxic head office and they okay favorites.

Not so great place to work in

Stressful atmosphere. No clear direction. Management decisions are based on assumptions not facts. Opinions of certain individuals instead of teams matters a lot in this place. Need more fairness at work. Pay is good.

Pros

Ok pay Lunches

Cons

Administration Senior management.

29 April 2022

Insights into Ecolab

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

Good Company

Great place to work.Started off with a safety meeting every morning.Warehouse is clean and organized.Employees are team oriented and very helpful.

15 April 2022
This is helpful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

I was responsible for a team of Service Specialist. I truly enjoyed the problem-solving and learning new skills.

My choice to work many hours. I enjoyed the responsibility and goal planning. I learned daily, on how to aid with Customer Service within Food Manufacturing / Risk assessments and strategies in problem solving.

Pros

Training and development opportunities

Cons

My direct Manager, was Micro-Managing this causes dis-trust within the Team, His inability to understand someone else point of view, He was not flexible and very rigid with outdated methods of Management Styles.

Belle cie

Il prennent bien soint de leur gens, une bonne compagnie

Pros

Avantages sociaux, vehicule

Cons

Beaucoup de charge de travaille

Good company but getting answers takes too long

Good company to work for, fair wages, company vehicle, management is good depending on where your work, supportive and easy going , direction is hit and Miss somedays but overall your day is your own to manage, I enjoyed my time there but things just didn’t work out.

Pros

New vehicle, freedom to plan Nc around your work, supporting team members

Cons

Sometimes lacks direction, sales takes priority over service

A company where you can develop your skill

With Ecolab, you will be supported. You will have all trainings you need and the professional support you deserve. You will be respected and pushed to improve your knwoldege.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Night shifts

Good job out of university

This is a good job to take when you first get out of university. They train you well, give you a car, phone, and computer, and off you go. Evening and weekend calls are frustrating.

Pros

Flexibility. Company Car. RRSP matching.

Cons

Always on

not too bad

it used to be better but is heading downhill.pro : independent work, decent pay and reasonably good benefitscon: stress full, hectic schedule, poor life /work balance

Toxic work culture that management ignores

lower management is toxic. Upper management is ignoring it. Employees being abusive verbally and emotionally to each other. They like to hire from outside. People work here 20 years or more holding the same position. No career growth. I feel dead working here.There is job security though and free lunches at times when they feel like it. Giveaways of some Ecolab products.Overall, I'm sad here.

Pros

Benefits, paid vacation and holidays, free quarterly lunches, job security

Cons

No recognition, no career growth, toxic work culture and environment

31 March 2021
We appreciate you taking time to share your experience. Please know the wellbeing of our employees is very important to us, and we take your feedback very seriously. We provide a variety of avenues for current and former employees to confidentially share concerns such as this so that they can be investigated. Reporting options are provided in the Ecolab Code of Conduct (http://www.ecolab.com/pages/code-of-conduct).

Not a bad place to work

Lots of freedom, management leaves you alone if you handle your route. Great benefits and salary. Routes could have been better balanced. Training process is actually one of the best in the industry no doubt about it.

12 March 2021
Thank you for your feedback! Your work is important to us and we appreciate your ongoing impact and willingness to take on meaningful challenges.

Great company and super training model

I would have like to have a different manager at the time. It seemed that the Reno division had a unclear plan to accomplish the goal Started at the top with the district manager.

Pros

They give you the tools you need to complete the job

Cons

Not clear if there doesn't wants service first or sales first

10 February 2021

Busy, multi-tasking environment

Good job overall. Computer/phone based apps to do a lot of the admin work.Knowledge of tools. Lots of repairs and trou shooting of issues.Good variety of work

Pros

Set up your own schedule

Cons

A challenge to balance life with work

30 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We welcome your feedback and we're always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

Treated poorly

Be prepared to be on call 24/7, 365 days/yr. If you don't get back to customer within an hour, regardless of what you are doing, you will be reprimanded. Even on your vacation time, you are expected to work. If you don't, if anything goes sideways with a customer, it's still your fault even though your team is supposed to be covering for you (which they don't). Management treats you very poorly. They promise a lot of things and never follow through with them. They can really sell you on how great the job is, which they will. I guess, after all, it is their job to be good salesmen/women. They will not help you and expect you to get a 6 hour job done in an hour. Oh and if you don't, you guessed it, you'll be reprimanded. If you want to be stressed for the rest of your life, not have a life and treated horribly, this is the company for you. Good luck!

Pros

Vehicle for personal use (even though you won't have personal time)

Cons

Everything else

Depending on the manager, work can either be fun (happy place to be) or stressful.

I had a really great time working for the boss who hired me until he retired. After that, work environment was never the same because of the incompetent personal who was hired to manage the department.

19 August 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

Challenging but not very rewarding career.

You will be challenged and you will be busy. I learned a great deal about working with people and working with tools. The management team was very difficult to deal with. The culture can be rewarding if positivity stays active but this rarely happened. The hardest part of the career was discovering that hard work and success won't get you promoted. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet and every day is an adventure.

22 April 2020

na

Day started at 7am until 3:30pm with a half hour lunch. I was responsible for clean up duties at the beginning of the shift following the daily morning meeting.

4 March 2020

Worse company

Have been here working previously but they have long hours with day and nights every day , long routes and travels with worse management . They can send you anytime any day anywhere . Make false promises . If you tooo too desperate only then join , better to work at McDonald’s then this company

5 February 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Learning new methods in pest elimination

Job is very strenuous and no time for your personal things . New recruits are on hourly basis. World class training. Management is Good. Service vehicle is provided. Make your own schedule.

5 February 2020

Good crew and management

Enjoyable place to work. Pretty good crew to work with. Some supervisors could have been more helpful explaining tasks to be accomplished. Some supervisors didn't say much at all, actually. Good group over all though.

Good company

Good company. Great benefits. Good opportunity for advancement. Bonuses. Good salary. A lot of hours. You need to be dedicated to the job. It's a full life comitment.

16 January 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement