Ecobee Employee Reviews

Great balance of both corporate and startup
WEB DEVELOPER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
Awesome company to work for. Great people and awesome benefits such as unlimited snacks, drinks, and info sessions. Everyone is extremely intelligent at ecobee!
One small step better then a call centre
Product and Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
If you work in technical support you are a drone - you are expected to put work first before all things.The so-called home and work balance are completely false. They see you as a commodity to be used as much as possible. If you work in another department it is politics game that is exhausting. The location is great but it is not worth it
Official response from Ecobee
17 April 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at ecobee wasn’t what you expected.

Work-life balance is important to us at ecobee, things can get very busy and we are as flexible as possible in allowing extended vacation breaks. In any rapidly growing company there are bound to be some pain points and we are no exception. However, we take pride in the open and transparent nature in which we operate, the support we provide to our employees at all levels and the incredible team we have built.

We are a growing team and scaling the Support Department to ensure we continue to provide great customer experiences. We are currently promoting enthusiastic, positive, high performing people within the department and continue to look for great people to join our highly regarded Customer Service team.

- ecobee team

Poor culture
Product (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2018
Company in innovative space, but culture does not foster innovative thinking. Very political, decisions are made abruptly and not shared with the team.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Political, very disorganized, no leadership
Official response from Ecobee
17 April 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback about your time at ecobee!

We take pride in knowing that our goals and direction are data driven with the ability to pivot and iterate as needed. We are growing quite quickly and are working closely with our managers and leadership team to ensure that all of our teams are transparent, always learning and working towards the same goals.

Our team is dedicated to continually improving and creating a great place to work for all of our employees, so we thank you for your feedback that will allow us to continue to do that.

- ecobee Team

Growing Company
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Work is Rotational Days, resulting in having to work weekends and having 2 work days off , which makes it difficult to spend time with family who has weekends off.No Work/Life Balance
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Non-Static Shift work, Working Weekends
Fun place
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2016
pretty laid back enviroment
good work life balance
could be placed doing interesting stuff

low pay raises for current employes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecobee. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7