Ecobee

Ecobee Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Company has great incentives and things to keep you so optimistic but it’s not ever enjoyable or attainable because of your work life balance.

You are unable to do anything but work for them and feel drained and exhausted once you get home because the environment is very high anxiety.

They give the customers the time in around instead of solving their issues and it causes us to deal with the damage marketing or management has made.

Lack in communication skills between departments causes a great divide. Not for people with families or who want to grow in a caring and supportive environment.
26 November 2019
Thanks for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at ecobee wasn’t what you expected.

Work-life balance is important to us at ecobee, things can get very busy and we are as flexible as possible. In any rapidly growing company there are bound to be some pain points and we are no exception. However, we take pride in the open and transparent nature in which we operate, the support we provide to our employees at all levels and the incredible team we have built.

Our team is dedicated to continually improving and creating a great place to work for all of our employees, so we thank you for your feedback.
Ecobee was a great company before they started focusing on their new product. They want to be the leaders in smart homes but when you ignore and simply disregard bugs and issues from the older products you make it difficult for the customer representatives. Also there is an issue with employee growth within this organizations. Supervisor/ Managers tend to select their friends for positions that they are not qualified for.
11 November 2019
Hello, thanks for the feedback. It’s unfortunate that your experience was not positive. As an equal opportunity employer, we employ great people and actively support inclusion and diversity in the workplace.

We are proud to say we have promoted dozens of individuals within our Technical Support team and to other roles within ecobee as a result of their hard work, positive track record, enthusiasm and continued dedication to ecobee.

Working at ecobee has been an absolute delight! There are so many smart people working together under the same roof. A typical day as a CSR agent is not just comprised of troubleshooting calls. Agents have the liberty to choose to participate in intellectually stimulating avenues of growth and development.
Loved working here! Great location, open to new projects; people are inclusive and are willing to let you work in on projects if you've got "extra time" (additional time to spare). Great space :)
Pros
Location, pay, opportunities
Cons
Management can be a little bad, coding practices need work
An amazing company culture with good perks. Great place to learn
A typical day at work here begins with getting slammed with negativity in the morning "scrum". Customer service is at the very bottom of the hierarchy and you quickly learn that many important decisions are being made on your behalf. Information is not shared with you until the final decision has been made and they are in their implementation phase.

You may be fired here without cause even after your probationary period. You are expected to ask permission to use the bathroom or go on your lunch break to eat. They may also deny you the right of going to break your fast during Ramadan.

The culture they think they've created only benefits those who are not working in the Customer Service department. The management and leadership team are quick to reprimand or enforce any and everything upon their agents but are held to no standards themselves.

They could care less about work/life balance. Even if you have an open conversation about any of your concerns, absolutely nothing will be done and this is common knowledge.

Although they preach transparency and integrity are some of their "core values", their actions prove otherwise. They have been completely incapable of demonstrating that they value their (C.S.) employees. They lack people skills in general and seem to think the only people with brains are those with titles; the way they treat their agents is nothing short of degrading. This work environment is not conducive to fostering happy employees nor for the mental health of their agents.

A generic copy and paste response from ecobee will follow...
24 June 2019
Hi - thank you so much for providing your honest feedback about your time at ecobee.

Our Customer Service Leadership Team and our HR team are continuously collaborating to make sure ecobee is a great place to work, and we take your feedback very seriously.

We understand your concerns and all of ecobee’s employment practices are based on standard labour law governed by the Province of Ontario in Canada. The details of the Ontario labour laws are outlined here: https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/.

As always, if you are unclear about anything or have any follow-up questions, feel free to contact ecobee’s HR team.
they want to micro mange you and watch what you do they say this company is a family but they have no problem casting a away a person with no remorse .
19 March 2019
Hello, sorry to hear your employment experience at ecobee is not going as expected.

The Customer Service Leadership Team and our HR team are continuously collaborating to make sure ecobee is a great place to work. Employee feedback is welcomed to help drive continuous improvement. Our Customer Support team is structured so that you can share your concerns with Managers, Director or HR and we would encourage you to reach out to them to address your concerns.

Thank you for your feedback.
Awesome company to work for. Great people and awesome benefits such as unlimited snacks, drinks, and info sessions. Everyone is extremely intelligent at ecobee!
If you work in technical support you are a drone - you are expected to put work first before all things.The so-called home and work balance are completely false. They see you as a commodity to be used as much as possible. If you work in another department it is politics game that is exhausting. The location is great but it is not worth it
17 April 2018

Work-life balance is important to us at ecobee, things can get very busy and we are as flexible as possible in allowing extended vacation breaks. In any rapidly growing company there are bound to be some pain points and we are no exception. However, we take pride in the open and transparent nature in which we operate, the support we provide to our employees at all levels and the incredible team we have built.

We are a growing team and scaling the Support Department to ensure we continue to provide great customer experiences. We are currently promoting enthusiastic, positive, high performing people within the department and continue to look for great people to join our highly regarded Customer Service team.

- ecobee team
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ecobee?
Company in innovative space, but culture does not foster innovative thinking. Very political, decisions are made abruptly and not shared with the team.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Political, very disorganized, no leadership
17 April 2018
Thank you for your honest feedback about your time at ecobee!

We take pride in knowing that our goals and direction are data driven with the ability to pivot and iterate as needed. We are growing quite quickly and are working closely with our managers and leadership team to ensure that all of our teams are transparent, always learning and working towards the same goals.

Our team is dedicated to continually improving and creating a great place to work for all of our employees, so we thank you for your feedback that will allow us to continue to do that.

- ecobee Team
Work is Rotational Days, resulting in having to work weekends and having 2 work days off , which makes it difficult to spend time with family who has weekends off.No Work/Life Balance
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Non-Static Shift work, Working Weekends
pretty laid back enviroment
good work life balance

could be placed doing interesting stuff

low pay raises for current employes