Eclipse Stores Inc Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 March 2018
Eclipse is a great place to work, the staff is very accepting and helpful and made it super easy to just jump right into the job. The hours work well with my high school schedule and over all its an amazing environment to work in.
Pros
Amazing work team
Fun wrokplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 January 2018
love working here so much fun!!!! the hours are very flexible and the managers are awesome !!! i enjoy helping customers on finding what they love !!!!
Cons
not enough hours
Great Canadian company
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 September 2017
I loved working for a company that stayed Canadian and provided nice clothing for Canadian women. It was a rewarding job that taught me a lot about visual representation of a company and the importance of great customer service.
Good environment, friendly co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 September 2017
My time there was good, but the pay and job hours were very limited. I only worked a couple times a week which was not enough hours. I was a well working employee but got some shifts switched to less hours. I was expecting longer hours and more frequent shifts but they were not given.
Pros
good environment
Cons
Short hours, few shifts
Not a healthy work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC3 January 2017
Manager did not teach me anything. Typical day would be assistant manager on the floor receiving stock and helping customers and Manager in the back room working on paperwork.

Head office does not support employees. Any concerns about the store manager are taken and no action was done.
Pros
Good pay and beefits
Cons
Not a single stat off.
good place to work
Part time/Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS21 March 2016
good place to work, not many hours for part timers but good for students or someone just looking for an extra job. good job when full time.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 February 2016
great company to work for, raises every few months and an enjoyable work atmosphere. Only downside is there is not a lot of growth within the company.
fun work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  orleans, ontario6 July 2015
Canadian company that maintains old time values. Positive and fun work environment. It was a great learning experience. Wonderful customer base.
Typical workplace with little to no culture or security.
Bilingual Payroll/Sales Audit (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 May 2013
Working at Eclipse was a very plain experience. Employees keep to themselves and keep their heads down.

On a typical day, people come in, do their work with as little interaction as possible, then leave.

Everyone is polite and friendly, but management does not care about possibilities for advancement, continuing education or corporate culture.
Pros
Clean, modern workspace. Great location.
Cons
Half-hour lunches, no music, no breaks.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB14 May 2013
A typical day at work included processing sales transactions as well as exchanges or returns, tagging markdowns on sale items, processing incoming or outgoing store transfers, and verifying orders and ensuring that the amount of merchandised received matched the amounts on transfer invoices.

All incoming merchandise was sorted, security tagged, and checked off before being put out into the floor. Also, all merchandise walls were changed around on a regular basis as new merchandise came in. Mannequins were changed weekly as well. All necessary documentation was sent out to head office on Mondays.

The till balance was verified morning and night. I often closed the store, which involved tidying the store,wiping down all of the store mirrors, performing the closing procedure on the till, filling out the necessary paperwork, and doing the nightly deposit at the bank.

I learned how to operate according to the Eclipse management system, according to the company standards. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Because our store had a limited hourly budget, however, there were times where I would work alone for hours at a time, and in the event that there was an unexpected rush, it was at times difficult to give every customer my full attention, but I always tried to make sure everyone was tended to.

I really enjoyed my time at Eclipse. The hours were reasonable, I believed in the merchandise I was selling and I enjoyed interacting with customers.
Pros
Excellent employee discount, staff performed well as a team
Cons
Limited hourly budget