Eclipse Stores Inc

Eclipse Stores Inc Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews
I used to work at Eclipse as a Sales Associate, the work was fairly easy since the workdays were very slow. The employees were very friendly and welcoming however the assistant manager and store manager were nice at first but very sour towards my decision with leaving the company. I had called in sick (3 hours before my shift) because I had a very nasty stomach flu and even had proof with a doctor's note, however, they refused my call in and demanded that I still come into work just because it was boxing day at the time. The assistant manager was very competitive with their sales which drove a wedge between them and other employees, which was not a good example of leadership and teamwork which was what was said in my interview of what working with the company would be like. At my time at eclipse (which was only for a year) there was not only one but two overturns, which says something for a company. Hopefully, they have re-trained the assistant manager and store managers to improve the workplace. However, I would not recommend this place if they still have the same higher-ups.
This job is NOT for anyone that needs full time work, you will NEVER be fulltime until Christmas other than that the managers get all of the hours. Further more you only receive 3 hours a week as a part timer. There’s not much negotiation with this as they almost always have hours left over that could be used. This job is more so for students in high school or college that need extra money.
Pros
Your learn a lot about being a professional sales associate
Cons
Management sucks, hours suck, dress code sucks!
They constantly hire girls on only to fire them days before their probationary period is up. They have no loyalty to anyone Huge turnover rate as the company is poor and hires when they shouldn’t. Hours were slim, and you basically had to pour your pay checks back into keeping up with dress code as you have to wear in-season store merchandise: when it goes on sale/out of stock, you’re not allowed to wear it anymore So much work for no payoff at this company
Head office was horrible to deal with (closed on weekends and not available after 1pm). Received contradictory training from managers over store procedures, and general questions as they came up in the work day. Not worth the pay for the work I was doing. Staff turnover in many stores is high. The discount is very generous, which I found to be very helpful as the dress code is in store merchandise.
Great company. High standards grow staff that are willing to grow. Those who have a hard time working quickly and multitasking, tend to find this job too hard.
As most as I love this job, it doesn’t pay the best and hours can be competitive. But this job genuinely makes me happy and feel appreciated. Unless you’re the manager or assistant manager, don’t expect full time
Pros
You can wear practically whatever you feel comfortable in, the discount is amazing, the staff is amazing
Cons
Hours are scarce.
Customer service is the number one priority. Always getting new product, which has given me the chance to improve my Visual Merchandising abilities.
My favourite part of the job, is helping customers; making them feel welcome.
Stock, serving customers
New manger was hard to work with since she didn’t know much about being in a manager position

Hard to follow instructions when your manager isn’t sure of themselves
good part time job, learned how to deal with people and give them what they want, had to stay organized and stay on top of demands in order to keep things running smoothly
I worked here for a couple years and I loved the people I worked with but management was very poor. When hired, I was told I would get at least 20 to 30 hours a week and never got close to that. Staff who weren't in a management position were given one 3 hour shift a week at best and, when asking for more hours or extra shifts, would be told management would see what could be done but nothing would ever happen even after being told there were extra hours we could have. Same goes for employees attending college/university or working another job, school/ work schedule would be given to management and told that management would work around it but nothing would ever get done. The management in charge really shouldn't have been and took advantage of certain things. I could go on but there's really no point. It was way too stressful of a environment but my few coworkers and wonderful customers made it worth working there.
Pros
Great coworkers, customers
Cons
Poor management, short and less frequent shifts
Eclipse is a amazing company to be apart of. Not only do I love the product, but the support from the District Manager is awesome. She always provides feedback and encourages you to push to be the best. She sets high standards for our team which leads to amazing customer service where we are almost always #1 in our Mall Rankings for Womens clothing. The company is overall great to work for. I have currently been with them for 4 years and I do not plan on leaving anytime soon.
Proud to be apart of something amazing.

10 out of 10 recommend.
The dress code is ridiculous, wear all clothes currently in the store (they can not be sale items) which means you’ll be buying a new (expensive) outfit pretty much weekly.
they won’t tell you if you do something wrong (but all your peers will know) , they'll just pent up the anger and then fire you out of the blue.

The only way you’ll get good hours is if you’re brand new and after that (if you stay ,most people don’t) you’ll get barely any.

Stock and visual are done practically daily so you will never know where anything is in the store which is annoying for both you and the customer.

In the end it is a very stressful job for no reason, and I think if you’re a teenager looking for a starter job you shouldn't work there, it’s just way too much
Pros
Canadian made store?
Cons
Horrible management, no job security, high turnover rate
Eclipse is a lovely store for clothes, however not a positive place to work for sensitive people. The management is awful and caused me multiple times where I did not want to go to work.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Rude management
Whatever you do, do not waste your time for this company. Little to no hours and 0 room for advancement. They would rather hire around than train internally. Taken advantage of very fast. No care or compassion for their staff. Go elsewhere don’t waste your time.
Pros
Small discount on clothing
Cons
No advancement, 4 hour shifts
Got hired as part time shift manager, when I went in they told me I was "part time associate" and 40 hours working for minimum wage. Also working an extra 15-20 minutes unpaid for closing.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No days off
Lots of drama, negativity and no help from DM or head office. Over worked and always short staffed. Clothes are decent, discount as well. The employees talk smack about everyone behind their back.
The district manager was terribly rude towards me had a issue with everything we did , I had no time to deal with my life outside of work I was buried in life at eclipse. I got sick from the stress of it all and ended up hopsptialized.
Pros
Nice clothes, chances or advancement
Cons
Long hours, stressful, demanding
I found this company to put a lot of value in its employees and there is a lot of opportunity to grow. As management you can obtain bonuses with sales and inventory. Vacation pay, benefits and even as a part-time employee you accumulate vacation pay to be able to take that time off. Would recommend.
The clothing is cheap and the company is cheaper.
The company does anything but value their employees. Instead of training you or letting you know you’re doing something incorrect they’ll just get angry with you. The head office is in Newfoundland so if you’re in BC and need assistance with something you can’t reach head office after 1pm.

The clothing is poor quality and over priced, so you constantly have customers getting mad at you due to the companies ridiculous return policy. The company could careless about how you’re being treated as long as they’re making money.

Strong recommend you do not work here, it is a toxic work environment. It’s a small company in competition with big companies and they truly show lack of experience. Wouldn’t be surprised if this company went under.
Pros
Discount of cheap clothes, retail experience to go on resume
Cons
Lack of training, not respectful of employees, lack of experience
Eclipse is a great place to work, the staff is very accepting and helpful and made it super easy to just jump right into the job. The hours work well with my high school schedule and over all its an amazing environment to work in.
Pros
Amazing work team
I learned a lot in this environment regarding how to speak to others. It was fun to work with repeat customers as well as those new to the company and to see them happy with their purchases that they made