Eclipse Automation logo
Eclipse Automation

Eclipse Automation Employee Reviews

Not my best place of employment

You have to be a computer wiz and be able to perform to their standards I did not enjoy my work or being bounced from one job to another. I was not given the proper opportunity to do the job I was hired for. I was not given any direction or training they assumed I new what they wanted

Very flexible

I have been working here for approximately six months (started during the pandemic) and have really enjoyed my time. My manager has been very flexible with my schedule and being able to work remote when needed.

Pros

Flexible schedule, free premium snacks, great people

Cons

Long work week

Team driven organization

Eclipse is a great place to work. Everyone from the top down really cares. The work that Eclipse does is very interesting and gives you the opportunity to learn new skills on every project.

Pros

Great team to work with, free snack program, employer paid health care plan

Cons

Work load can vary

Excellent

Interesting company, integrating robotic processes, loved it.Typical day is steady with a variety of administrative work to be done.Co-workers are great to work with, Mesa really has a great crew and President. All coordination with SC division people has been awesome also.Great work life balance. Some fun activities, good moral among everyone.Only reason I left was relocating. I will truly miss these people and working for this company.

Pros

Just pleasant work environment all the way around.

Horrible place to work

This place is a joke, management is horrible. The pay is well below industry standards, and it is hard physical work to complete day in and day out for such minimal pay.

Pros

Free snacks, woo hoo

Cons

Everything else

Great place to work with awesome fast pace culture!

I have been in my current position for 5 years and there has been a lot of growth and changes. The work is always different and on the forefront of innovation. If you are like me and can embrace change and love challenge Eclipse is the place to be. They have done a excellent job keeping everyone employed during the entire pandemic and stood up N95 manufacture for Canada.Best place I have ever worked!

Pros

Great gym, games room, flexible work hours

Cons

travel, not many

No a good place to work bad culture

you sit at your desk, no talking, not training on new job task, everyone is too busy, each department acts as it's own entity, no collaboration, no team work, management are back stabbing, if you have an issue, don;t voice it, just get out, look for another job, because you will become the problem. They will like to get you out. The hardest part of the job, no training and you are expect to do it right the first time, it's a dog eat dog environment, your work will be sabotage to make you look incompetent by others who share the same drive, caution, save your work on your desktop each time. The hours are long, mandatory 44 hours a week, you leave home in the dark return home in the dark, you get 2 ten minutes break and half hour for lunch, if you take one minute over you are watched. if you use your cell, you are watched every second even if it's emergency. The work culture is bad, they work the people like robots, some managers/supervisors treat the people like they are a piece of floor cloth. Most of the managers treat the employees like lower class citizen. I like the task but treatments from management is very, very, very bad.

Pros

interesting task

Cons

long hours, high turn over of employees

Very poorly managed

Management is all over the place and they really don't care about their employees. The President of the Southeast location has his favorites and protects them.

Pros

The Operations Manager is great

Cons

Upper management, poor pay, and no bonuses

Solid security/growth with poor efficiency & culture

Positive: - Rapid growth, many projects and several recent acquisitions (D&D automation, Transmodulous) - One of few remaining privately held automation companies - Fast paced, aggressive with decent projects and some great people. Negative: - Low to average pay with recently revoked profit-sharing. - Poor work life balance, low morale.Slightly flexible hours but with a 44hr/week minimum, minimal time off and minimal sick days. - Negative work culture (especially recently) with lack of leadership respect toward workers and low accountability - Rapid growth is sometimes cumbersome and unorganized. - Some employees with poor attitude, tired philosophy and dated technological outlook - Database is antiquated and immensely inefficient - Management has clear lack of regard for their people

Lots of work to do for this company

Pros -Reasonable Hour Flexibility -Vacation time is not bad -co-workers are friendly -Not too bad of benefits (seen better for a company this size) Cons -Very Very Poor Compensation Wages are as bad as $6-7 per hour back in 1980's. I would have to work 6820 hours to buy a house back in that time. Now at my wage and for pure inflation of housing (not including housing boom)i have to work 17 037 hours.... it is more than double, that is not including the housing market boom. with the housing boom it goes to 27 778 hours.... it is impossible to live on the wage this company pays.. -Upper management withholds majority of profit sharing for large bonuses for themselves -poor management communication between departments -hierarchy is messed, very top heavy -no where to go in the company as they hire external before internal -New mechanical managers lack of knowledge in the area of their management -very very poor sick pay, (you get sick because you work minimum 44 hrs a week and you're drained and you're immunity is low (i start at 7 am, and i go home at 6-8pm depending on day) If you are sick, no pay, no compensation, nothing at all. you better use those vacation days that were meant for you family trip, because you wont get paid, but wait you wont get paid anyway... see next point… -Very poor vacation pay out. They will only pay your vacation at 2 points of the year. You can fill out a form to get paid during your vacation, but because you havnt accrued vacation yet there is no money in the account. When there is money in the vacation account, they pay it -

Jobs at Eclipse Automation

See more jobs

Out of the frying pan, into the...

I left my last job to go to Eclipse due to the growth and culture shift away from caring about employees. Well, same story, different company. Except, at eclipse you only see ownership when they need something from you. Mechanical department was recently split in two. To be "better managed". The new managers are fine, but task driven and focused only on getting the job done. They don't use the designers to their strengths and that only causes more work. The hours are long and work life balance is non-existent. You're obligated to do 44 hours a week, but will be asked to do 60 regularly. You're told you matter, and then told there will be no profit sharing because ownership spent all the money. Ownership is untrustworthy and make you question what the point of each day is of you're working your butt off, not getting profit sharing, but the bosses are driving brand new cars.

Pros

Secure job through unsaddled growth

Cons

Untrustworthy ownership, long hours, no life balance only work.

Good job security, but a total grind.

If you're considering a "desk jockey" position, the company is hiring. They're rapidly expanding, which creates new opportunities for employment. As an added bonus, job security seems high at the moment - all the managers have mandates to greatly increase the size of their departments, so they're not looking to trim any fat. It can be a good opportunity to break into the field of automation. The path and long-term goals of the company (besides "Get Bigger") are unclear. There is a strong lack of transparency. Success stories, strategies, goals, and information sharing seem to be for the upper echelon only. Opportunities to provide feedback are rare, if present at all. Hours are long. All positions are contractually obligated to work 44 hours per week. This does NOT include the 30 minutes per day which is subtracted for unpaid lunch period. Salaried positions are required to punch in and out (yes, the unpaid lunch applies to them too). You're expected to show up early and leave late. Make sure you're willing to spend at least 47 hours per week chained to the desk and consider your additional commute time as well before you pull the trigger on the opportunity. Employees are generally friendly and helpful.

Mechanical design and manufacturing company

good work environment with easy to balance work and life everyday, flexibility of timing free snacks provided just like a store for free for munching while at work, beautiful company with success ratio way too high than other companies............

Pure Garbage

Pure Garbage They used their apprentics like general labours. To clean and the deburring of parts. Also doing the majority of the repetitive welding. On two senior guys were able to have or even do any other test other than metal cored or mig. I'm guessing to keep the good or decent non repetitive within the two guys.

Pros

There isn't any pros

Cons

Too many to list

Best place to work hands down!

Being here over a year and a half and I'm Not Looking Back :-) amazing place to work and grow your trade skills. great people to work and learn with. tons of OT good benefits (could be better in a few aspects) clean environment and climate controlled in most buildings(except fab). 9/10 is my rating. Thankful for my job here.

Excellent company

This is a good company to work at. There is overtime if you are looking for that, as well the people are friendly and are willing to help when you need it.

Treated Co-Ops Students Extremely Well

As a co-op student and now part time worker, the company has treated me with respect and given me responsibility. Great place to work with friendly employees and an excellent work culture.

Worst place i have ever worked. Do not put your hands in your pockets foe any reason. You will bw considered lazy if you do. Everyone is brain there!

Worst place i have ever worked. Do not put your hands in your pockets for any reason. You will be considered lazy if you do. Everyone is brain washed there! It's truly a joke!

Pros

None!

Cons

Lots!

Terrible place

People in and out of here, management is horrible, there all power hungry. They let me go three days before my benefits started. Alot of people looking for other work here. Some shop floor guys were awesome though. It seems when your probationary is almost up they let alot of people go and just continue the cycle of the next poor group of people.

Cons

No job security

Amazing

Great work environment Challenging but fun work Great benefits Great bosses and an fantastic CEO Lots of travel offered but not mandatory I would definitely work here again

Bad experience

Place is a revolving door peaple come and go constantly management is questionable and in house politics are rampant wages are below average there are some good guys on floor . Most guys are looking for another job

Pros

Steady work

Cons

below average $$ raises are pathetic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eclipse Automation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement