Eclipse Automation
Eclipse Automation Employee Review

Not my best place of employment

1 April 2020
You have to be a computer wiz and be able to perform to their standards
I did not enjoy my work or being bounced from one job to another. I was not given the proper opportunity to do the job I was hired for. I was not given any direction or training they assumed I new what they wanted
28 February 2020
Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) - Cambridge, ON
Positive:
- Rapid growth, many projects and several recent acquisitions (D&D automation, Transmodulous)

- One of few remaining privately held automation companies

- Fast paced, aggressive with decent projects and some great people.

Negative:

- Low to average pay with recently revoked profit-sharing.

- Poor work life balance, low morale.Slightly flexible hours but with a 44hr/week minimum, minimal time off and minimal sick days.

- Negative work culture (especially recently) with lack of leadership respect toward workers and low accountability

- Rapid growth is sometimes cumbersome and unorganized.

- Some employees with poor attitude, tired philosophy and dated technological outlook

- Database is antiquated and immensely inefficient

- Management has clear lack of regard for their people
13 February 2020
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) - Cambridge, ON
Pros
-Reasonable Hour Flexibility

-Vacation time is not bad

-co-workers are friendly

-Not too bad of benefits (seen better for a company this size)

Cons

-Very Very Poor Compensation Wages are as bad as $6-7 per hour back in 1980's. I would have to work 6820 hours to buy a house back in that time. Now at my wage and for pure inflation of housing (not including housing boom)i have to work 17 037 hours.... it is more than double, that is not including the housing market boom. with the housing boom it goes to 27 778 hours.... it is impossible to live on the wage this company pays..

-Upper management withholds majority of profit sharing for large bonuses for themselves

-poor management communication between departments

-hierarchy is messed, very top heavy

-no where to go in the company as they hire external before internal

-New mechanical managers lack of knowledge in the area of their management

-very very poor sick pay, (you get sick because you work minimum 44 hrs a week and you're drained and you're immunity is low (i start at 7 am, and i go home at 6-8pm depending on day) If you are sick, no pay, no compensation, nothing at all. you better use those vacation days that were meant for you family trip, because you wont get paid, but wait you wont get paid anyway... see next point…

-Very poor vacation pay out. They will only pay your vacation at 2 points of the year. You can fill out a form to get paid during your vacation, but because you havnt accrued vacation yet there is no money in the account. When there is money in the vacation account, they pay it
 - more...
12 February 2020
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) - Cambridge, ON
I left my last job to go to Eclipse due to the growth and culture shift away from caring about employees. Well, same story, different company. Except, at eclipse you only see ownership when they need something from you.

Mechanical department was recently split in two. To be "better managed". The new managers are fine, but task driven and focused only on getting the job done. They don't use the designers to their strengths and that only causes more work.

The hours are long and work life balance is non-existent. You're obligated to do 44 hours a week, but will be asked to do 60 regularly. You're told you matter, and then told there will be no profit sharing because ownership spent all the money.

Ownership is untrustworthy and make you question what the point of each day is of you're working your butt off, not getting profit sharing, but the bosses are driving brand new cars.
Pros
Secure job through unsaddled growth
Cons
Untrustworthy ownership, long hours, no life balance only work.