Ecko Unlimited Employee Reviews

Boo
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 December 2017
Wow, working here was an absolute nightmare. I've loved every other place I have ever worked at, but not this dump. I hate Ecko and the clothes they sell, hopefully they will always remain out of business.
Awful Management, Unfair treatment
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2017
By far one of the worst companies to work for.
The management will charge you money out of your own pockets when something isn't right; you have no idea where it goes to either.
You'd always be by yourself, and when something went wrong you were the sole problem of it, and the manager wouldn't pick up his phone to help you fix the issue.
Customers were always rude and belittling staff, always trying to steal and cause other issues. It was rare that a day would go by that a customer wouldn't pick a fight with you.

The worst part is the scheduling; good luck trying to plan your week in advance when you get the schedule a day before the week started because the manager didn't want to come in on the weekends.

It's an unhealthy work environment, where you'll do nothing but learn to hate yourself even when you're doing your best.
Terrible exoerience
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
Manager was a terrible cry baby! All he did was cry at work, drink his sorrows behind the bash or in the backstore!messed up my schedule numerous times! Never respected my shift preferences even though I had seniority! No discounts, no benefits,terrible pay,no commissions. SLAVE WORK
Cons
Long hours no benefits
Store manager was the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2017
Relaxing and fun best place to work wish the store never got shut down just need to price things more reasonabley and get more girl clothing in ......
good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON22 April 2016
Folding, hanging and sizing merchandise Niagara on the lake, ON
Replenishing stock when needed
Daily cash sales
Assisting customers in finding the right products for their child’s needs
Morning and nightly cleaning duties
good
Cons
short shifts
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2015
A typical day at work would be making a connection with customers and ensuring they get what they need. Ive learned that sales or retail skills involve more than just knowledge of a product, but an ability to communicate effectively with customers. The management was great. They gave employees many opportunities to grow within the company. In the time frame that I worked there I moved up in the company from being a co-op student, to being hired as a sales associate to a key holder. My co-workers were all team players but because it was a commission based job, we all had our competitive side and pushed to meet our sales goals which kept us all on our feet and left no time to sit around. The hardest part of the job was hitting our sales goals in the last couple months of me working there because the company went bankrupt and were no longer sending us any merchandise. This made it hard for us to accommodate the customers needs and wants. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and getting to know people daily.
Pros
building relationships
Working At ECKO
CASHIER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan Mills14 January 2015
A typical day would start with a little meeting of what the target goal was for the day. After I usually check on the displays if they need maintenance. Then I help with customers and help them check out to the cashier. At the end of the day I clean up the display areas and keep the sales floor clean and organize.

Over all management was not very good with communicating with the employees. If they didn't like that person they just don't put their names on the work schedule for the week coming up. And then you get a letter from them stating that you were let go. They don't even give you notice if you were going to be let go.

In the other hand my co-workers were such friendly people and it made the work epicene a little bit better and enjoyable. Other than that the only dreadful time was dealing with customers that wanted to return items that were used or washed.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Management was not very organize
It's a good workplace to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 January 2014
It's a good place to start improving your interpersonal skills
Pros
Salary+commissio
Productive and motivating work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario17 November 2013
I enjoyed waking up for working and being there 10- 15 minutes early, i learned a lot about being a sales associate from cashier to working the floor, i enjoyed helping out customers when needed as well as my co-workers with there help and support. Geting use to cashier was a bit of a task for me but slowly but surely it become easy, the most enjoyable part of my job is being to help customers and give them the satisfaction of the products that they are purchasing.
Pros
comission
Cons
none.