Echelon Insurance

Echelon Insurance Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Management provides little support and favoritism plays a big role in this company. Hence room for growth is limited unless you know how to lick a..
Within the department there are some good people. Most people appear friendly, but be careful as lot of nonsense politics. Stay away from Echelon Insurance unless desperate.
Everyone at this company is useless. There is nobody to help you and the people are not friendly. Do not apply to this company unless you are very desperate. Stay away from Echelon Insurance is the best advice I can give anyone.
A place where the goals and objectives fail to match up with the working environment and management provided. Little to no support/leadership provided from management or HR in conducting your tasks and a clear sense of favouritism is apparent in each department. Not a place that motivates you to grow as an employee
Awesome, easy going environment makes working for Echelon a delight! Would highly recommend and go back to at any time. I loved that work flow was ever present and rule were relaxed.
I have learn troubleshooting and supporting Microsoft,Citrix and VMware 24/7 environment.Management is excellent ,supportive and people room to grow ,learn and take responsibility.Great place to work very nice People
it is a profitable company writing mainly non standard auto.

location is no good because it is not TTC accessible

finance department is small and management is good
Echelon n'embrasse pas la diversité pour l'innovation et la croissance et ils ne laissent pas la place d’inspirer confiance. Très difficile d'avancer au sein de l'entreprise. Aucune motivation. Aucune engagement, aucune flux d'informations, aucune aide, aucune innovation, concurrence malsaine, aucune collaboration, aucune coopération ou reconnaissance de la part de la direction.

Echelon does not embrace diversity for innovation and growth and they leave no room for trust. Very difficult to advance within the company. No motivation. No commitment, no flow of information, no help, no innovation, unhealthy competition, no collaboration, no cooperation or recognition from management.
Pros
Le Carrefour Laval est juste en face du bureaux. Mall is in front of building
Cons
Beaucoup de bavardage, système de gestion des réclamations sont vieux et toujours bogué, Lots of gossip and claims systems are old and always bugging.
Decent sized company, not too much growth. I learned some things about personal lines and how insurance dept work and operates but i didnt learn much .
Great place to work, with nice people. Middle-management is excellent; supportive, not micro-managing, and allowing people room to grow and learn and take responsibility. On the negative: it's a high-pace environment, with lots of competing priorities, and the IT department is understaffed.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
I enjoyed working here, although my tasks were very menial. I don't prefer data-entry, so it was not the most fun. However, the environment is fantastic and so are the people. Another job (more focus on clerical or reception work, or assisting in departs I have greater interest in) would have been a much better fit for me.
Projects have an unrealistic timeline, with no support or proper business involvement they expect to do magic.

Upper management has very little respect for employees, all they care about is their own bonus.

They expect employees to put in extra time and over time with no overtime pay. If employees don't agree to work they are treated unfairly and consider not a team player
Pros
nice coworkers and team
Cons
Upper management in Echelon is just unrealistic and act out of emotions rather using their brain
I really enjoyed Echelon General Insurance and wanted to stay there. Unfortunately, at the time they were only able to offer me a renewed contract and I was looking for full time employment with benefits. I would work there again!!
Managed personal and commercial automobile underwriting team’s direct reports ranging from Senior Underwriters to Data Entry;
17 years of hands-on personal and commercial automobile underwriting experience;

Responsible for managing and growing book of business with 5-year loss ratio of 61%

Along with Executive V.P. of Personal Lines, responsible for setting department budgets;
Pros
Colleagues and department environment
Cons
Long hours and company culture in last 2 years
A niche market insurance carrier. A great option for brokers looking to place non-standard risk programs. Offered underwriting for program insurance distributors.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Nice TV in the lunch room
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Echelon Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9