Echelon Insurance Employee Reviews

Culture négatif
Expert en sinistre (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC26 March 2019
Echelon n'embrasse pas la diversité pour l'innovation et la croissance et ils ne laissent pas la place d’inspirer confiance. Très difficile d'avancer au sein de l'entreprise. Aucune motivation. Aucune engagement, aucune flux d'informations, aucune aide, aucune innovation, concurrence malsaine, aucune collaboration, aucune coopération ou reconnaissance de la part de la direction.

Echelon does not embrace diversity for innovation and growth and they leave no room for trust. Very difficult to advance within the company. No motivation. No commitment, no flow of information, no help, no innovation, unhealthy competition, no collaboration, no cooperation or recognition from management.
Pros
Le Carrefour Laval est juste en face du bureaux. Mall is in front of building
Cons
Beaucoup de bavardage, système de gestion des réclamations sont vieux et toujours bogué, Lots of gossip and claims systems are old and always bugging.
Basic insurance company
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2018
Decent sized company, not too much growth. I learned some things about personal lines and how insurance dept work and operates but i didnt learn much .
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2018
Great place to work, with nice people. Middle-management is excellent; supportive, not micro-managing, and allowing people room to grow and learn and take responsibility. On the negative: it's a high-pace environment, with lots of competing priorities, and the IT department is understaffed.
Pros
Nice people
Productive and positive environment
Contract Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2018
I enjoyed working here, although my tasks were very menial. I don't prefer data-entry, so it was not the most fun. However, the environment is fantastic and so are the people. Another job (more focus on clerical or reception work, or assisting in departs I have greater interest in) would have been a much better fit for me.
Negative place to work for
Systems Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 January 2018
Projects have an unrealistic timeline, with no support or proper business involvement they expect to do magic.

Upper management has very little respect for employees, all they care about is their own bonus.

They expect employees to put in extra time and over time with no overtime pay. If employees don't agree to work they are treated unfairly and consider not a team player
Pros
nice coworkers and team
Cons
Upper management in Echelon is just unrealistic and act out of emotions rather using their brain
good people
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2017
I really enjoyed Echelon General Insurance and wanted to stay there. Unfortunately, at the time they were only able to offer me a renewed contract and I was looking for full time employment with benefits. I would work there again!!
Underwriting Manager
Underwriting Manager, Personal Lines & Auto (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2017
Managed personal and commercial automobile underwriting team’s direct reports ranging from Senior Underwriters to Data Entry;
17 years of hands-on personal and commercial automobile underwriting experience;
Responsible for managing and growing book of business with 5-year loss ratio of 61%
Along with Executive V.P. of Personal Lines, responsible for setting department budgets;
Pros
Colleagues and department environment
Cons
Long hours and company culture in last 2 years
Niche insurance player
Manager, Accident & Health Niche Products Division (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2017
A niche market insurance carrier. A great option for brokers looking to place non-standard risk programs. Offered underwriting for program insurance distributors.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Nice TV in the lunch room

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Echelon Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Echelon Insurance Reviews by Location