eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Easy and Reliable
Entrepreneur on Ebay (Current Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC24 March 2018
I learned a lot of stuff as a Ebay Seller.
Which help me getting experience on shipping and selling.
I loved responding to my costumers and I made a lot of sales from it.
Amazing company to work for
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 February 2018
I loved working at eBay, from the day to day tasks to the culture and the people, it was a great 5 years. Unfortunately the center closed and we all got laid off, but I would work for them again anytime.
Pros
amazing culture, great management, advancement opportunities
Cons
shift work
Self employment
CEO and Founder (Current Employee) –  Lacolle, QC27 January 2018
small on-line business. daily retail sales, listing organizing and posting product listings, bookkeeping and financial organizer, sale promotions and inventory control
An emerging internet opportunity for collectors and sellers of rare items
Internet sales (Former Employee) –  Home21 December 2017
E-bay is an excellent format for buying and selling. It has opened the doors to a formerly unaccessible market for collectors of rare and vintage items. I have been able to work from home at my own pace buying and selling merchandise that I am truly interested in and knowledgeable about.
Constantly changing duties as the company transformed its support teams
Power Sellers - Stores Support (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 December 2017
Managers had little control and were there to only disseminate information and handle some customer escalations. Shift based work that rotated several times a year. They closed down the Burnaby BC office very fairly abruptly, devastating for a lot of my co-workers who devoted their lives to the business.
Pros
Free drinks in the vending machines
Cons
Very strict to-the minute log in and out procedures
Running a small ecommerce shop
Seller (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 May 2017
It's fun, it's a large amount of work to start though.

Just selling items, over all, it's enjoyable.

I plan on working on this shop, and using it as a part time job.
World leader in innovation
Retail Moments Planning & Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Learn, grow & foster from a culture thriving on outside of the box thinking. Investment in providing associates tools & training needed is fantastic. Management asks for associates feedback and responds to them with their actions and that is highly valuable in any organization. Lack of resources is a barrier, only because the potential is so vast.
Their Canadian operation have ceased
Customer Service Representative French Division (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 August 2016
Therefore I can provide much of a review for this company, it was a great company to work for with many benefit and great management. The centre of operation shut down in Burnaby in 2008
Fast Pace
Picker, Putter, Packer (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, NB10 June 2016
For picking have to walk around isles and pick clothes with an RF Scanner and pick the clothes and put them in totes
For putting you have to put the clothes in cubbies
For packing you pack the clothes into bags and then put the invoice inside and put it on the line
Pros
Easy
Cons
Gets Boring after a while
Over Worked and Under Paid
Cherry Picker/ Order Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2016
eBay is one of the worst companies to work for, very cheap, no overtime. Penny Pinchers that are operating on losses every year.
Do not waste your time with Ebay Enterprise, Its a Dead END job.
Pros
Good People To Work With
Cons
Crooked Management
Independent job
E-commerce Independent Retailer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2016
An independent job that can be managed at any part of the world.
Customers from different countries can buy products online.
productive and provide free lunches on weekends.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 February 2016
I learn there how to work using RF scanner. My co-workers are very good and helpful. tthe most enjoyable part of job is everyone work independently . no one is depend on any other. Management is also very good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
The most enjoyable part of the job
EBAY OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2016
I love being a team leader as the rewards of watching your team grow within the company is very fulfilling. A typical day at work for me would be as follows:

Emails from 7-10AM
Coaching and development from 10-11AM
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
early mornings
Handling problems online
Specialist (Technician Support) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2015
Its more than enough excited to work in the enviroment where you study.Got new new challenges everyday,when people place order on site and to process everything in order is more than challenging that being professional. Dealing with complaints ,scams that people try to do with items .
Pros
caught scams
Cons
i would love to caught scams
A big family
Account Takeover (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 November 2015
eBay, a work and life balance employer. The CEO at the time had an open door policy and was extremely down to earth and modest in his career. Bonus - vending machines were free for all employees, along with hot beverages, pastries every Thursdays. Quarterly bonuses was great. Too bad they closed down in BC and expanded in USA
Fun workplace.
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Philippines7 October 2015
I get to enhance my communication skills and interact with people of different nationalities. I was able to practice and develop patience in dealing with difficult customers. The management was motivating and so are my co-employees. Although this job is a strenous one, I was still able to enjoy it especially because of the out of town bonding.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Long hours and strenuous job
Warehouse worker
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga24 September 2015
Enjoyed working at E-bay great group of co-workers and management team looked forward to going to work each and everyday even if I new it was only part-time summer help
eBay Enterprise (Fulfilment Centre)
Fulfilment / Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2015
Peak season runs from Halloween to New Years; during this time work days run long and weekend shifts are expected (work/life balance is for February through September).

The wages are just north of minimum wage but the benefits are (Health, RRSP matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance). While it is worth it to participate; it can be difficult to contribute to the RRSP/ESSP when the wages are so low.

As with many warehouse/distribution jobs the workforce combines employees and agency staff. Persistent agency staff are regularly offered employment. And despite the turnover in agency staff; the efforts made to keep the culture positive is mostly successful.

The management is young, still learning and progressing in many areas.
Pros
Employee rewards and recognition for suggestions, positive action, involvement.
A good platform to meet customers' need
Propriétaire d'une boutique (Current Employee) –  Montreal28 July 2015
Customers on eBay are very nice and we all have very good purchase or sale experience. Learned how to face different requirement from customers and keep them satisfied during their purchase.
Not at all
2nd Shift inbound lead (Former Employee) –  6100,freemont blvd,Mississauga, on7 July 2015
Ebay inc, wherehouse workplace work as ' UPH ' unit per houre,
Nav to jan 2ed. it very beeze time long hr shift.my hardest part of the job,is Mangment not help for any issue.the most enjoyable part of the job is Reciving,profiling & fix problem.
Pros
Not at all
Cons
8 hr Shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.