eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

We had a lot of work it was not too bad though the break room is unmatched the have a massage chair and games we had 3 breaks a day 2 of those being paid
Was able to work independently, with flexible hours. Researched value of my products, Pokemon Cards and negotiated with on line buyers. Packaged and mailed to customers. Follow up with transactions to ensure customer satisfaction.
Wearing the brand name is attracting so many respect from customers and partners. We can feel the power of saying "I am your eBay representative". As a big company on the stock market, the pressure from shareholders starts to feel itself and so many levels of management makes it hard for us on the field to provide suggestions and common sense improvements we notice daily on the ground. It is of course a very big ship to navigate when facing tight corners to turn, but also a great culture run by very smart and strong leaders Get ready to be a top performer, and hold on for as long as it makes sense for you with the continuous "surprise" possible to arrive in the definition of your job.
Pros
Name, Culture, Training
Cons
Demanding and a lot of Management echelons
eBay is an enjoyable place to work at as what it lacks in work life balance it makes up for in benefits and events and culture. Working with a great team and being involved in a wide verity of events. Managment is somewhat lacking and needs an update, most of what is noticed is that team leaders and coaches etc that are hired inhouse are hired on base on who you know and not what you know. I had the pleasure to work with some great managers who can relax with the agents and not micro mange but also be stict when it requires it , I have also not had the pleasure when working with some managers who bully and push their way to what they want. Workplace culture is awesome! I have never had so much enjoyment out of events and the vibe/culture in a job besides in eBay. Hardest part of the job is the insistent work hours and the poor work life balance. Most enjoyable part of this job is the people i have met and have become friends with
Pros
good teammates, good vibe
Cons
Long hours, insistent work hours/shifts
it was very hard job had to rush to finish 4 hundred 50 piece per hr so it was a job nothing too much to tell need a pay cheque will never go back to this company
Pros
learning experience
Cons
stess
Main benefit was that I worked from home for most of my time there. Was able to travel while I worked. Hard to communicate with management, not transparent, not much growth.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Lack of growth
learning what is new in the technical world. be able to purchase stuff at a discounted price. computer skills improved while using excel programs and inventory
Overall good company to work for. Was given great projects and the colleagues were very professional in most cases. Would work for them again if good opportunity arose.
I start eBay 2012 as a inventory parson. last 2 years I am on wave planner position. I have good knowledge in inventory department so its more beneficial for wave planning job. Every more I have to drop customer order and make sure all order going on time, If something wrong with order I have to fix it. I enjoy work.
Since eBay is an online shopping company, there are many customers who orders wide variety of products so it is very busy place. My typical day starts with prepping, picking and packing the clothes . As there was a diverse culture at workplace, I learned how to deal with different people. I also learned how to use RF scanner. The most enjoyable part of the job was to look forward to work in multiple corporate product departments. The hardest part was since I was working in evening shift, because of busy schedule sometimes I had to work till 2 to 3 am.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I enjoined working at Ebay Enterprise, Inc, They have great staff and fun to work with their teams. every month Ebay choose the hard worker employees and give them gift with appreciation certification for their good attendance and hard work. also Fun to work with , they also appreciate their employees by announcing their names in the meeting and show their hard works
Pros
at Ebay Enterprise, Inc provide free lunch twice a year to thank all their employees
I loved working at eBay, from the day to day tasks to the culture and the people, it was a great 5 years. Unfortunately the center closed and we all got laid off, but I would work for them again anytime.
Pros
amazing culture, great management, advancement opportunities
Cons
shift work
Managers had little control and were there to only disseminate information and handle some customer escalations. Shift based work that rotated several times a year. They closed down the Burnaby BC office very fairly abruptly, devastating for a lot of my co-workers who devoted their lives to the business.
Pros
Free drinks in the vending machines
Cons
Very strict to-the minute log in and out procedures
Work schedules where great . Work load was very difficult but we all worked together and got it done . i would recommend working with this company not only are the workers there great so is the work hours and money .
Pros
Cons
no free food
No Proper direction Stressful being a consultant. Did not enjoy the job. Will not recommend position in the same group to anybody else. Work culture is the worst part.
Ebay is a well establish warehouse that deals with a wide range of clothing. From children wear to adults, all staff are well trained to sort out clothe by size and colour range.
Working there was very dull and boring, supervisors were very strict and getting a day off was almost impossible. The only time we got free lunch was when their head office came in for the day. The work was boring and very monotonous gave me no will to come into work, no games or functions were ever played making working there depressing.
Cons
Learn, grow & foster from a culture thriving on outside of the box thinking. Investment in providing associates tools & training needed is fantastic. Management asks for associates feedback and responds to them with their actions and that is highly valuable in any organization. Lack of resources is a barrier, only because the potential is so vast.
Therefore I can provide much of a review for this company, it was a great company to work for with many benefit and great management. The centre of operation shut down in Burnaby in 2008
For picking have to walk around isles and pick clothes with an RF Scanner and pick the clothes and put them in totes For putting you have to put the clothes in cubbies For packing you pack the clothes into bags and then put the invoice inside and put it on the line
Pros
Easy
Cons
Gets Boring after a while
eBay is one of the worst companies to work for, very cheap, no overtime. Penny Pinchers that are operating on losses every year. Do not waste your time with Ebay Enterprise, Its a Dead END job.
Pros
Good People To Work With
Cons
Crooked Management
  1. Employee reviews