EB Games Employee Reviews

Productive environment, with motivated employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 February 2019
Although the workplace and the employees were productive, the management team was not. Many managerial tasks were left incomplete on a weekly basis, and we were always behind schedule.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Short hours, weird shifts, followed by extremely long shifts with no breaks.
Great place but bad benefits
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Canada11 February 2019
You would always be working as there is always something to do, so you never really just sit down and do nothing. Management was great and the team around you was also phenomenal. The hardest part would be not getting a break and you get tired a lot if you have a long shift.
Fun and Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC10 February 2019
It was very nice working environment that taught me how to work in a fast paced retail store. I gained experience in assisting customers on the floor, Processing customer purchases and returns and Learning to work with a team to reach sales targets. Management was very helpful in training me to further my career. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers come to a decision on a product they were after.
My least favorite job
Merchandise Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 February 2019
EB Games has a stifling, almost abusively toxic culture of fear and intimidation. Lower level office staff are often publicly humiliated and called out for every small mistake. They are often blamed for the mistakes of their bosses and used as scapegoats for upper management. When I was there, every February there was a huge bout of firings around the office in order to appease the apparently bloodthirsty shareholders. Once again, management would blame asmany others as they could for their mistakes in order to secure and protect their own jobs and self interests. I say this coming from the Buying group only - others have apparently fully enjoyed their time at EB Games while working in other departments.
If you like video games this is an amazing job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON6 February 2019
Though it is minimum wage, the job itself is highly enjoyable. A lot of super nice people very few moments of angry customers for customer service. Enjoyable enough that if i was making enough for a comfy living i would never want to leave.
Favourite job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON23 January 2019
I worked here for over a year and loved every second of it! My manager and assistant manager were very knowledgeable and all my coworkers were fun. 10/10!
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 January 2019
This store is a in mall environment. A typical day is the store filled with people looking for games, movies or advertised items. the management was great. There is room for advancement if you want it. The store is very small and cramped but the costumers are great and very high energy. the hardest part of the jobs was working a double shift because someone doesn't show up.
Eb Games
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 January 2019
Awful management, they have no clue how to adapt and manage a company and it shows with how low their Stocks have dipped just the last 5 years alone..
Pros
Selling video games and toys
Cons
Poor management, Likely to go bankrupt very soon.
eb games involvement
Senior Game Adviser (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 January 2019
Eb games is a great place to work for as far as working in the actual store goes. head office is a little demanding when it comes to sales expectations etc, the expect so many things from you but they don't really pay you alot, usually it will be minimum wage or slightly over. when i was working there I always felt overworked and under paid
Pros
staff usually great
Cons
long hours, doesnt pay livable wage
Solid Mall Job, requires self-sufficiency
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC2 January 2019
Days are pretty standard retail, even as management - with such a small staff, everyone has to pull their weight on the sales floor. Head Office can be frustrating to deal with - very poor communication. Working with a lot of the customers was fantastic, easily the best part - pay is far too low for the amount of work expected by Upper Management.
Pros
great and fun work enviroment, excellent benefits, good perks
Cons
low pay for work expected, bad communication from upper management
Great gaming and pop culture environment
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON2 January 2019
typical day would involve being on the sales floor working with customers and finding the best product to meet there needs. other tasks would involve product placement, inventory and maintaining store cleanliness.
faut aimer les jeux
Assistant gérant (Former Employee) –  St.-Hyacinthe, QC20 December 2018
faut aimer les jeux videos de toute consoles confondu
I loved it, My dream job Lol
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2018
I wish I can go back as this was only seasonal but i wish i could get on full time it was amazing!!!!. Great work evironment and great employees and not to mention video games.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB21 November 2018
I love the people that you get to meet but of course management can always be tricky, if you can get past that you will do amazing, working here has been quite the experience
Great, great management staff!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 November 2018
Every part of the management at the Metrotown EB Games location are great people. From the Manager, to the Assistant Manager, to the Senior Sales Associates, they were all very helpful in assisting me with any inquiries I had and making my time working there a good experience.

Almost every person who was above me at this location turned out to be a really cool friend.

I rated the Salary/Benefits a 1 star, due to it being minimum wage, so no hard feelings there, just a heads up.
Pros
Awesome management staff!
Fun environment as long as you like the product you like selling.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2018
In a retail environment, focused very heavily on sales. Goals for bonuses don't take into account neighboring stores within the same company that you have to compete with while, at the same time, still expected to work together.
Pros
Video game discounts; awesome people to work with.
Great
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB5 November 2018
Great place to work. Willing to help you out if you need a day off or something has happened as long as you provide them with a decent heads up. Management is helpful and very good at what they do.
Pros
Relaxed, fun work environment
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 November 2018
To be the very first time working for a Company video game oriented my experience was not that bad. I must to highlight that EB games once their offer you a permanent job without employment agencies as a third parties, benefits are good as well the training provided. EB games is a Company that works under monthly goals and one of them is reducing cost of production since mainly works refurbishing everything related to video games. You cannot get there directly, an employment agency must sent you there and it might take too long to get hired directly by the Company which it means that you are expected not to get sick, not having holidays bonus, not being eligible to enjoy shares that company gives when they made good profit, etc. and makes you feel like you are just a simple worker with no voice.
Pros
Great working environment, lots of meetings some of them motivational, free much at times
Cons
very picky and strict with workers from employment agencies.
Eb
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2018
Meh. Customers were ususally pretty awesome and so were my co-workers. I had about 5 different managers in my time there and only one I don't have much positive to talk about but nothing negative either. They were just there and not for very long either. Advancement is garbage. They always seemed to hire off the street instead of promoting from within. Maybe so they didn't have to give pay raises to exsiting employees? I'm not sure but the people above store level seemed to hate their staff. I hope it changed since I was there in 2009
Pros
Discount was okay
Cons
Minimal hours
great place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 October 2018
a great place to work, everyone was fun to be around. scott is a great manager. I only did a coop there though.over all it was a bit boring but that's okay too.