Eaton Employee Reviews

Good Company for Electrical Engineers
Product Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 March 2015
A good company with a reasonable amount of variety in their work. While there are positions for Mechanical Engineers, there is very little mobility or opportunity for advancement outside of a small number of positions. Electrical engineers have significantly more mobility and opportunity for advancement in the company.
Pros
Friendly employees
Nice clean place to work, great management and coworkers, nice cafeteria
Electrical Product Assembler (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON25 February 2015
I have to say it was such a pleasure working for Eaton, management and coworkers were easy going and respectful. The production floor and building in general was well maintained, there was no health or safety issues, employee lunch room was also kept neat and tidy. My most enjoyable time at Eaton was working with fantastic coworkers.
Pros
Company Perks, such as free dinners and donuts
Cons
Low wages
Over regulated
Production Aluminum MIG Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2015
To many rules make what could be a fun job very miserable. Managers and safety coordinators are incompetent and micro-manage.
Pros
simple jobs
Cons
Bad Managers
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2015
Eaton's Cooper Lighting Division - Project Coordinator

I have had a great time working at Eatons Cooper Lighting Business. I would like to further grow my career, and there currently are not very many opportunities here. The work was always challenging and I learned alot of the Electrical Industry, lighting products and related products as well as business.
Pros
Good pay
Field Service Representative, Alberta area
Field service (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 August 2014
A complicated machine of a company. High demand electrical product which the company doesn't seem to be able to deliver to its customers on time on or to the correct design spec.

Working in the field I had to continually smooth out customer problems due to short shipment, incorrect design or warranty work.

If only these fundamental problems would be resolved the job could be very interesting. A lot of out town work but the company compensated you well for that. Due to the complexity of the business model the management is not quite got a full control of the departments. It seemed that there was always a lack of people and job positions open yet not being filled.

I didn't always think that the company/area office played as a team, there seem to be a lot of back biting and people trying to stab you in the back, lack of co-operation between departs.
Pros
Fare benifits
Cons
The office didn't seem to have control of the people
Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 July 2014
Very friendly atmosphere and productive . we were able to maintain cash flow and increased performance
good and productive work place
Panelboard Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2014
I enjoy to work there with good team work. and nice training for work related.
Good company to work for
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2014
Pursue personal career growth

Good company to work for. Opportunities in the job work/life balance
job
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2014
working last five years, looking for new challenges and opportunities.
Pros
Enhance Skill
Cons
Loose old co workers
Improvement required
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canada10 March 2014
Company not doing well, losing money. Products are not up to par, lots of customer complaints. Senior leaders of the organization are not present, don't hear from them and don't see them. They don't care for the employees. Cannot trust the managers at headoffice. This is a company that is very slow to react to problems. There is a culture of promoting your terrible managers instead of addressing the problems. Very demotivating environment
Pros
Friendly co-worker
Cons
An environment of distrust, backbiting and POOR management all the way from the headoffice to the plant manager
Enjoyable place to work, good people!
Logistics Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph on.2 March 2014
Good place to work, if they had not closed the plant. the people I worked with were easy to get along with and worked as a team. A lot of paper work is required in order to get the product shipped out, paper work must be correct for shipments to leave the plant.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
plant closed
productive and interactive work environment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON18 February 2014
 Accurately entering data into Oracle to ensure proper account of inventory and timely delivery to appropriate warehouse locations
 Responding to inquiries from planners and management regarding the status of incoming shipments in a timely manner
 Communicating with receivers to prioritize the delivery of rush parts into inventory
 Efficiently navigating Oracle to retrieve part locators, BOH quantities, dates of inventory delivery, and other order information as required
 Resolving any discrepancies between shipments received and corresponding information on packing slips
 Other ad-hoc duties as required (creating SRA forms, issuing miscellaneous receipts, investigating aged purchase orders/requisitions)
Great place to work if you are full time
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Milton8 February 2014
Only hired on as a temp which means low pay as a university grad and no benefits, although I appreciate the valuable experience.
Will Miss my Job
Extruder Operator Hose and tubing (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 October 2013
I work at Arrow hose and tubing For 6 years it was A good job with good Job Security.
Pros
BBQ and Pizza days
Eaton believes employees are their greatest asset
Paint Line Op, Lean Associate, Press Op (Former Employee) –  Fabrication Department/ Office12 June 2013
I went through many training exercises and experiences. I have learned an incredible amount during my time there.
It was a really good company to work for.
Collection Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2013
-Contacted so many different customers to make me feel interested to do the job enjoyable
-My co-workers and my manager were very helpful and supportive
-I learned how to make the customer to pay the outstanding balance and how to solve the problems also learned how to processed credit card payments
My first office job in Canada,
A/R Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2013
Updated A/R ATB , calling outstaning customers, attening customer calls and updating daily recivables
Pros
by weekly Pizza party
Lots of opportunity but hardly a concrete direction for techie guys..
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Project Leader24 February 2013
Aerospace business is overall good ..local centre lack aero experience and direction to large team
Very well run company.
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2013
Unfortunately, with the closing of the Windstar line in Oakville i was laid off, or else i think i would have retired here.
Productive and interesting work place.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2013
• a typical day at work.
* how to assembly control panels with "Visor" and "Supervisor" electric.spike protector.
* good and organised corporate management.
* solid corporate and good thinking.
* no hardest part of the job.
* learning new things, gadgets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.

51K