Eaton
Information from Eaton:

Eaton Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews
productive
good work place to work, more learning and promotion.
have fun to work and co - worker help each other and more development.

management meeting every month , safety meeting every morning.
productive
I worked Calgary Eaton company many years . Calgary Eaton very good company.I learned how to assemble electrical wiring,diagram.When give to us new job i printed diagram after collect parts. Then follow by assembling electrical diagram.
Pros
Free lunches, brand names clothes, gifts
Cons
normally . ask work overtime.
Fast paced environments
- Nice people to work with, they are ready to offer help whenever needed.
- Teamwork and problem solving staff to increase productivity at the same time reducing possibilities of getting loss.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Busy
Dont waste your time
The fish rots from the head (and perhaps its neck also). A train wreck leadership team highlighted by a blowhard/incompetent operations manager. Credentials and intelligence don't matter, because favouritism and kissing rear ends does.
Good Place to Work
One of the best place to work and the environment encourages productivity and self growth.A lot of social activities to balance our work.More could be done in terms of progression and compensation.
fast-pace work enviroment
Good people.
Good working place.

Weak training system even has a strong onboarding and online training platform.

Even they promote a work-free-harassment culture, some old personnel makes the co-workes daily tasks harder.
Company provides a good working conditions for employee
A busy office with flexible hours option and working remotely if necessary. Clear company's policies and procedures to follow at work. Company provides rules, regulations and guidelines to keep the standard in work. Company provides competitive remuneration and good benefits. Company has an autonomous culture to allow employee to work with responsibility and achieving both employee's and company's goals and objectives.
Huge company with fewer chances of rapid growth
I am enjoying working in this company for quite a while. There is always pros and cons of a big company. The perks are really great. However sometime in a big company chances of growth minimizes. However company always try to support employees at the time of need .vacations are good.
Pros
Good vacations in a year.
Cons
Big organization disadvantages slow growth.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eaton?
Good company
Good facilities available

Free food and transportation

PF available

Renewal of every year contract

Good company in hydraulic

We have lot of things to learn
Pros
Canteen available
Cons
Good working hours
Fast paced work, very physically demanding with not enough staff to make job rotation ease the physical demands.
Company is so bogged down by ecternal outsourcing and multi-level approval processes that hiring takes forever (average 4 months). Training is restricted to in-house so due to the busy building srason it also takes way too long as you are waiting for someone to have the time to train you. Chances for advancement or even movement from one department to another is difficult from within. There are no internal job postings so if you want to change jobs or apply for a new posting you have to apply like someine off the street and are given no preference. Currently working continuously short staffed in my department for 2 years straight and expected to work overtime.
Pros
Company BBQ's and seasonal draws
Cons
Little chance for advancement.
Business-like culture, process driven, lots of growth opportunities
Overall well managed, successful business. A little old-school at senior levels, so don't expect progressive work-from home, dress code or employee engagement policies.
Always Busy a little mundane
Good work environment, you are always kept busy but don't expect the work to be fulfilling it is very much assembly line work. Meaning day in day out its the same thing
Scabby
So they take a job that should be for a licensed electrician, and make it a labor position. Eaton is contributing to the degradation of the electrical trade. They should be ashamed of themselves. In order to touch anything electrical you should an electrician.
It's like a law firm hiring a " Court room debater," or a dentist hiring a "Laborer to clean teeth."

Eaton is taking advantage of a poor economy exploiting a position that should be meant for electricians paying at least $35 an hour.
Pros
Good product
Cons
Scabby company getting laborers to do an electrical job
They got dont like good hard worker.
Not a good company to work for. The worker are crazy over there fighting for jobs. The manager didn't even provide me information he said that I needed when working. Like phone number to call when absent.
There lot of overtime but only because employees hide sit and talk doing very little work during there regular work hour. The worker who suppose to train me didn't

do that cuz he think I take his job.
Pros
Good pay for just sitting down and talking.
Cons
Managment and Worker
EATON is a very diverse, dynamic, and exciting place to work!
EATON is a very large corporation, but you still feel like you are a part of the family. They offer several programs and benefits for the employees to enhance an excellent 'work/lie balance'.
With all the acquisitions EATON has made, it has become even more diverse and dynamic.

A great company, with a long, proud history.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits, great people.
Cons
HR is a little to 'by the book'
Poor Organizational Management
It's a large organization with sub-companies. Very difficult to navigate in terms of growth. The Management is not people oriented more focused on just meeting deadlines.
good company
it is very good place to work.it is very productive and fun place to work.management is very smooth with employers,they respect their views and ideas.Work environment is very positive.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
continues work load
friendly, polite employees
I really enjoyed working at Eaton, the other employees were friendly and courteous. There was always someone willing to help when i had a question. Because i am a quick learner i was able to be on my own after a couple of shifts. I did not have someone hanging over my shoulder.
productive company
I learned a lot regarding organizational structure. I experienced what is the flow of any production in this company. The staff and colleagues were co-operative and helpful. They taught me a lot regarding my work. The company provided me good opportunity to build my skills and aptitudes. so, Overall I learned a lot and it will be very helpful for me.
it was okay
Not a bad place to work depending where and with who you work, the pay isn't the greatest, horrible training because other employees don't want to train anyone new. Management is just squeezing numbers and they don't care much about anything else.
Pros
warm inside, coffee machine in caffeteria
Cons
you smell like metal at end of the day
Contract position
It's a contract position where I can learn variety of tasks within different departments. Excellent management but opportunity for growth within the company should be improved.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Improve opportunity for employees to growth within the company.