Eaton Employee Reviews

They got dont like good hard worker.
Wireman (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 July 2018
Not a good company to work for. The worker are crazy over there fighting for jobs. The manager didn't even provide me information he said that I needed when working. Like phone number to call when absent.
There lot of overtime but only because employees hide sit and talk doing very little work during there regular work hour. The worker who suppose to train me didn't
do that cuz he think I take his job.
Pros
Good pay for just sitting down and talking.
Cons
Managment and Worker
EATON is a very diverse, dynamic, and exciting place to work!
Senior Quotations (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC24 April 2018
EATON is a very large corporation, but you still feel like you are a part of the family. They offer several programs and benefits for the employees to enhance an excellent 'work/lie balance'.
With all the acquisitions EATON has made, it has become even more diverse and dynamic.
A great company, with a long, proud history.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits, great people.
Cons
HR is a little to 'by the book'
Poor Organizational Management
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
It's a large organization with sub-companies. Very difficult to navigate in terms of growth. The Management is not people oriented more focused on just meeting deadlines.
good company
Electrical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON18 March 2018
it is very good place to work.it is very productive and fun place to work.management is very smooth with employers,they respect their views and ideas.Work environment is very positive.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
continues work load
friendly, polite employees
Shipper/Receiver/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON2 March 2018
I really enjoyed working at Eaton, the other employees were friendly and courteous. There was always someone willing to help when i had a question. Because i am a quick learner i was able to be on my own after a couple of shifts. I did not have someone hanging over my shoulder.
productive company
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON23 January 2018
I learned a lot regarding organizational structure. I experienced what is the flow of any production in this company. The staff and colleagues were co-operative and helpful. They taught me a lot regarding my work. The company provided me good opportunity to build my skills and aptitudes. so, Overall I learned a lot and it will be very helpful for me.
it was okay
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON14 January 2018
Not a bad place to work depending where and with who you work, the pay isn't the greatest, horrible training because other employees don't want to train anyone new. Management is just squeezing numbers and they don't care much about anything else.
Pros
warm inside, coffee machine in caffeteria
Cons
you smell like metal at end of the day
Contract position
Contract Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
It's a contract position where I can learn variety of tasks within different departments. Excellent management but opportunity for growth within the company should be improved.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Improve opportunity for employees to growth within the company.
productive and co operative employees
Breakpress Operator (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON24 August 2017
I found it the best place to work. Supervisors and employees are welcoming and helping.
They try their best to help you out.Friendly behaviour and superior quality machines.
Environnement productif et agreable
System application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC26 May 2017
Chez Eaton si vous voulez être relocalisé il est possible de travailler aux Etats-Unis.
It was a good place to work with good people.
Wireman (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB16 May 2017
Hours were straight forward. There was minimal pressure to do overtime when it was needed. The people there were good to work with (A cultural mixed bag). The management was usually professional as well. The hardest part of the job was the forced relocation and daily drive to the city of Airdrie which was 30km further then where I started working without being allowed quit with severance package.
Pros
Safety and egonomics carried to excess. Benefits ere good.
Cons
No job security. Major descions were made a 1000 miles away.
Manufacturing Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dominican Repubilc12 April 2017
EATON Haina it's a great place for new people. There you can learn about every department and people are very friendly.

You learn to work under pressure with quality.
Active, quick learner
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada13 March 2017
Typical working days starts at 8am with morning 15 minutes safety meeting, normal review of customer orders, and on-going monitoring and supervision of the production line.
Pros
groups gathering, dady day, social activities, etc.
Cons
working on weekens
Friendly and focused atmosphere
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 February 2017
This company is extremely professional, and job focused. They treat their staff with fair compensation. The downside is: they are prone to slow down periods and frequent layoffs.
Pros
Fair and competitive wages
Cons
Frequent layoffs
Excellent company to work for
Regional Service Sales Manager, Ontario (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
fast paced environment, tight deadlines, learned quite a bit of other aspects of the electrical industry. Overall a very enjoyable work culture. A leader in their industry.
Good for build up your carrier with team work
Panel board Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
Good to work three, Good salary and benefits, taking care for employs. I enjoy to work.company provide good training for related to job.
Productivity and challenging work processess
Supervisor OPEX Lean Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Haina, Dominican Republic4 August 2016
* In a typical day at Eaton the most important is to assure that all the variables are working properly in order to accomplish the daily production load and quality specifications.
* I learned that always thinks can be improved.
* In the management is very important to be align the business needs with metrics and daily activities.
* The co-workers must be part of your project plans and me of them.
* The hardest part of the job is when the changes does not depend of your direct actions.
* The most enjoyable part is when you get the results with the combination of a a good project plan and execution getting the business goals and the team well-being.
Pros
Excellent training and development plan for employees
Best place to learn and work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 July 2016
Best office environment with professional people.
 Reconcile customer’s accounts and help to resolve invoicing discrepancies and disputes
 Set up collection call list. Ensures the timely and accurate payment
 Process debit/credit card payments. Applying payments to the Assets Receivable Module
 Review the accuracy of account information and classification, maintain customer files
 Assist in the process of new account application, conduct credit checks, obtain trade references
Challenging and motivating workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
I managed over 15 employees by setting a good example of an ethical hard working manager.
Adjusting sales strategy in weekly bases and as needed
Coach and trained employees.
Turning and unsatisfied customer into happy and loyal customer by listening and understanding their need and going extra mile to provide the assistance and the help needed.
sales
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary Area and Central Alberta21 April 2016
phone would ring at 7am and the customer service started on a daily basis and even weekends. being on the Manufacturer side of things working with distributors and directly with the end users and contractors gives you a whole new prospective on every sales level. being out on the road calling on customers was the best part
Pros
Liked being with customers on the road
Cons
Micro Managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K