Eastlink

Eastlink Employee Reviews

Canada95 reviews
Excellent Management, and great support but low wages
The management were friendly, supportive, and knew their stuff. It was a great atmosphere with wonderful colleagues. Unfortunately, I could not stay as my living expenses were higher than what the wage allowed me to provide for my family. I do wish the team all the best!
Relaxed and supportive.
I worked at Eastlink for around 8 months till I had to leave for health reasons (leave, not let go). In my time there, my colleagues were extraordinarily friendly and supportive, and our supervisors were just plain and simple, excellent. They would go out of their way to help you, and was always supportive of me regarding, and despite of, my health issues as I have epilepsy. They were never too strict about my early leaves or health related absences, though you do have to make up for it at work (which is normal).

They pay was reasonable, as I was and am, a student, it was enough to pay my rent and still have enough left on; however, it might not be enough if you were raising a family or had numerous financial obligations to meet.

There is also bonus for sales figures, but that is upto the individual and how aggressive they are in their sales approach.

There is decent advancement for agents to rise in the ranks, as several higher up agents have done precisely that.

The technology used to accommodate the work changes often, so its a chore to read up on all the changes on a regular basis and can be quite monotonous, but its doable.

I would add that if talking for hours and hours on end isn't your thing (as it wasn't mine, thanks introversion!), then this line of work can get very tiring, very fast. Thats all, really.

Overall, this place gets a 5* from me, due to the relaxed pace of work, excellent support from supervisors and excellent teammates.
Great Company
Eastlink an amazing company, engaged environment and great management.

Communication to all employees is important. Always in the know of changes. Promotions and products. Always a fun place to be. Great stepping stone for someone starting in Sales.
Great Place to Work
Great environment and people, you get what you give. People are very helpful and encouraging. Will do whatever you need to help you. Great Local Business pride!!! Paid sick time.e and personal time, great vacation and benefits
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Shifts fluctuates from early starts one week and late starts the next week.
Very nice and helpfull place
I started to work with Eastlink after finish my degree They were very helpfull trying to help me to understand the system CSG and MIND their very stressfull when you have a customer on the phone I learn so fast with nice teacher for training
Loved working in the call centre.
The people there were great. Learned a great deal. Would go back there if I move back to Nova Scotia. Got a great deal of training very comfortable working environment the management was great.
Starter job
Although good from the outside Eastlink is a fear based management style that comes from the top. No one is able to do what they should in fear of doing it too well or too badly and being fired or blackballed.
Compensation is extremely low for comparable telecommunications companies and everyone keeps their wage hush hush because there is no fair pay scale scale
Toxic Environment
Weekly shift rotations
Six months probation

Unprofessional bossy gossipy trainers

Toxic environment

Management is not open to feedbacks

No clear policies

Hypocrite managers -different rules for everyone

Less money
Downhill
I was hired back in 2011 as a part time rep. If you asked me back then, I would tell you I loved working for the company. I was promoted to manager in 2017, my first year went alright. I made it through with no support. I was shot into a roll and never really trained for it. I had to figure most things out myself when it came to paper work, hiring, etc. Lack of management from DSM and higher ups have no idea the mess the DSM has a created. I would highly recommend not working for this company.

doesn't care
High stress and good job security
They use to be a good company to work for but they have merged too many departments together and have added too much work load to every department. Because of this people work forced overtime hours and feel stressed out so they don't stay anymore.
Not worth it
If you like to be overworked, this job is for you. Want to advance? Good luck. They will post a position and when you go to the interview, they change the qualifications on the spot. The job itself is sales based and the commission from sales is a joke. It is difficult to make enough sales to get the commission, and if you fail to sell a required item, say goodbye to the whole commission cheque
fast moving and lots of growth
Works days are dynamic and require quick judgement on task prioritizing. Never ending fires to be put out from technical issues to helping better service customers with specific needs.
I'm confused
No values. Disorganised senior leadership who doesn't know how to develop top performers. Probably stems from poor compensation (40% below industry standard).
okay place to work
A little stressful with the quotas given but a nice place. The shifts are good, the pay is good and most of the team leaders were helpful. It could be quite fun at times as well.
Typical call center.
Everything is about stats. It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, people will still call in just to yell at you and you have to sit there and take it.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Customers
Productive and fun place with work pressure
I would love to continue with Eastlink if I didn't got my field job. Fortunately, I was the part of the same team manager who selected me for the job. And he was never willing to let me leave the job howey, he respected my decision.
Excellent enviornment.
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Eastlink, it was fun and the money was great! The only thing I would change about it is mandatory OT. Mandatory OT does not make for a good work/family life balance.
Great job if you like to learn numerous procedures within the companies software programs, that are constantly being improved. It is shift work.
Job entails receiving 30 to 50 calls everyday from existing customers or new customers. You are required to help the caller and or sell them some kind of upgrade. Each employee has Eastlink determined standards that must be maintained. All calls are recorded and measured against some standard. Daily reports attempt to keep you inline.
it was ok
the pay scale lacked and they excepted employees to work more for no advancement or increase on pay. Need to show better appreciation towards all staff
Got left to fend for myself.
Not the greatest spot. Very low pay. Headquartered in Ns. So not a lot of support or training out this way. An ok manager and co workers. But with the low pay. Had to move on
Pros
Lots of work ok pay.
Cons
Mgmt. and benefits
Productive and fun place to work
it is a really great place to work. The HR department is easy to deal with while starting the job and understanding the Workplace culture. Managers are really helpfull, No complaints at all.