Eastlink
Happiness score is 37 out of 100

Eastlink Employee Reviews

Canada105 reviews

Great atmosphere, but undervalued as employee

The atmosphere and team spirit at Eastlink was always great. The store managers always strive for success and supported each other considering how little support was received by upper management. As a manager I felt undervalued by upper management (despite being one of the highest performing managers in retail) due to salary, benefits and feedback. Over the years my responsibilities increased and my wages decreased. Oftentimes bonuses where paid late, the only feedback received was when you made an error and you were suckered into more responsibilities for months before anything was made official. All of this and I still took great pride in leading my teams, working hard for the company, driving results and recruiting other skilled employees. This was not sustainable though and eventually led to me leaving the company.

It is well managed. A great company to work for, they value their employees.

It was a work from home job, I learned a lot about the services and was supported with training when needed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the odd angry customer. The best part was the feeling that they valued you as an employee.

Pros

You could earn more with commissions on sales, but it was not a requirement of the job.

Cons

Working from home, you didn't get the social aspect of working with others.

Bar none, one of the worst companies in Nova Scotia.

Culture - there isn't one. Sell, sell, sell. People in customer care are treated like dirt. The senior leadership team is completely out of touch with reality, full of sociopaths and beurocrats. Don't bother having ideas or opinions. They won't matter.

Pros

Great company to work for!

Eastlink makes their associates feel valued! They do not micro-manage and they are supportive. The support from other store managers is awesome! Eastlink made sure that I was fully supported when I first started and I had only 2 staff and one was also brand new. They spare no expense to make sure we feel supported. My DSM is awesome and supportive. I left a company that I was with for 11 years to come to Eastlink and I have no regrets at all!!

Pros

Great support

Cons

Lots of processes due to ever evolving technology

What a nightmare

Insanely high turnover at Young Tower. There's no consistency because the company keeps laying off their best senior managers. A lot of people are trapped in their jobs, and too burned out to look for better work. And the pay is lower than average for Halifax. You deserve better than this.

Pros

Nothing of note

Cons

It really is that bad

Eastlink I would not recommend for job seekers

All day agent will deal with nothing but irate customers. During Covid Eastlink decided to take out payments over the phone which was helpful for seniors. Made lots of changes in customer services, now customers call in confused and frustrated

Pros

co workers are nice

Cons

not enough room here

Sales focused, stats focused

All they care about is whether you get sales or not and they don't care about treating the client like a human being. They also have mandatory overtime all year. Wages are pathetic because you work for commission. It's stressful. They do competitions and stuff instead of just putting that money directly into people's pockets. They want you to upsell on billing inquiries. It's 100% sales oriented with sociopathic management. I don't get a sense of true empathy from anyone. Just gutless greed.

Pros

Your co-workers will probably be nice and friendly. Ez training money

Cons

Long hours, sales oriented, stats focused, you will get let go of you can't prove your value immediately

Bad management

Managers are not willing to help. Will advise you to go to a supervisor but they make you feel like an inconvenience and are definitely not eager to help.

Pros

Sundays off

Cons

Poor management and extremely competitive.

Great people with great peers. Family oriented.

A great culture and great people make working for Eastlink a pleasure. Your peers are always available for any queries you have. There was never an "I" it was always team. Safety aspect they look after their techs and staff. One of the best places i have worked and i miss my old job.

Pros

Team, leadership, family oriented business

Cons

Salary was a little less than what i expected, especially with living in GP.

I loved working there

I wish they take me back I loved working there. But i got sick had cancer had the surgery cancer free got the ok in February to return to work I would go back to eastlink if they would take me back awesome place to work

Its a good place to work

As it is a privately owned Mobile operator and the size of the company enables you to learn from many cross-functional departments. As an engineering role, this could be one of the best places in the world to research and learnings.

Great place to work. Amazing team and professional work place. Very supportive and friendly staff. You bring your best customer service and rest assured in this place.

Excellent Management, and great support but low wages

The management were friendly, supportive, and knew their stuff. It was a great atmosphere with wonderful colleagues. Unfortunately, I could not stay as my living expenses were higher than what the wage allowed me to provide for my family. I do wish the team all the best!

Relaxed and supportive.

I worked at Eastlink for around 8 months till I had to leave for health reasons (leave, not let go). In my time there, my colleagues were extraordinarily friendly and supportive, and our supervisors were just plain and simple, excellent. They would go out of their way to help you, and was always supportive of me regarding, and despite of, my health issues as I have epilepsy. They were never too strict about my early leaves or health related absences, though you do have to make up for it at work (which is normal). They pay was reasonable, as I was and am, a student, it was enough to pay my rent and still have enough left on; however, it might not be enough if you were raising a family or had numerous financial obligations to meet. There is also bonus for sales figures, but that is upto the individual and how aggressive they are in their sales approach. There is decent advancement for agents to rise in the ranks, as several higher up agents have done precisely that. The technology used to accommodate the work changes often, so its a chore to read up on all the changes on a regular basis and can be quite monotonous, but its doable. I would add that if talking for hours and hours on end isn't your thing (as it wasn't mine, thanks introversion!), then this line of work can get very tiring, very fast. Thats all, really. Overall, this place gets a 5* from me, due to the relaxed pace of work, excellent support from supervisors and excellent teammates.

Great Company

Eastlink an amazing company, engaged environment and great management. Communication to all employees is important. Always in the know of changes. Promotions and products. Always a fun place to be. Great stepping stone for someone starting in Sales.

Great Place to Work

Great environment and people, you get what you give. People are very helpful and encouraging. Will do whatever you need to help you. Great Local Business pride!!! Paid sick time.e and personal time, great vacation and benefits

Pros

Fun Environment

Cons

Shifts fluctuates from early starts one week and late starts the next week.

Very nice and helpfull place

I started to work with Eastlink after finish my degree They were very helpfull trying to help me to understand the system CSG and MIND their very stressfull when you have a customer on the phone I learn so fast with nice teacher for training

Loved working in the call centre.

The people there were great. Learned a great deal. Would go back there if I move back to Nova Scotia. Got a great deal of training very comfortable working environment the management was great.

Starter job

Although good from the outside Eastlink is a fear based management style that comes from the top. No one is able to do what they should in fear of doing it too well or too badly and being fired or blackballed. Compensation is extremely low for comparable telecommunications companies and everyone keeps their wage hush hush because there is no fair pay scale scale

Toxic Environment

Weekly shift rotations Six months probation Unprofessional bossy gossipy trainers Toxic environment Management is not open to feedbacks No clear policies Hypocrite managers -different rules for everyone Less money

Downhill

I was hired back in 2011 as a part time rep. If you asked me back then, I would tell you I loved working for the company. I was promoted to manager in 2017, my first year went alright. I made it through with no support. I was shot into a roll and never really trained for it. I had to figure most things out myself when it came to paper work, hiring, etc. Lack of management from DSM and higher ups have no idea the mess the DSM has a created. I would highly recommend not working for this company. doesn't care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastlink. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement