Eastlink Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with supportive staff
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 April 2018
Working at Eastlink as a retail sales representative gives you a fun work environment with the opportunity to earn commission. The staff is supportive and it does not take long to learn the tasks involved with the job. There is also opportunity to rise in the ranks within the company
Ok to work for
Home Customer Service, Retention and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS13 April 2018
The best thing about working for Eastlink is I got to work from home and I was able to be there when my son went to school and when he came home. The hardest part of the job was being in an office all day long with no one to talk to
Pros
worked from home
Cons
not family friendly
good balance for your professional and personal life
RAN (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 April 2018
good place to work , co-operative staff and managers, near to downtown and other places in city, environment is motivational, good development programs, trainings from vendors arranged
Typical Contact Centre
Inbound Customer Service & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 March 2018
Eastlink's call centre used to be (3+ years ago) focused on customer service first and sales second which made them loved by customers and set them apart from the competition. They still care about quality customer service but all you hear about is making sales and your numbers. Most of their top sales agents move on to other companies to make more money for multiple reasons. Every time they make a commission change they make it harder for you to make money and every time you'll hear "we did this to help you make more money" which was never the case as they would always make the metrics harder to hit. If you're good at sales you'll be loved, if you're not, they're looking forward for you to give them a reason to let you go.The benefits package is pretty good. If you're good at sales you can make $16-$22 an hour. Starting wage is above $13 The scheduling is incredibly frustrating as one week you could start at 8am and the next at 1pm, very hard on the body. If you need a job it can hold you over for a bit until you find something better like a bank call centre. Essentially, what happens is almost everyone who starts there, likes it at first then slowly over time sees how dysfunctional and unhappy and frustrated so many coworkers are with management. Corporate is across the city and never comes to talk with us, the agents who know their customers better than anyone. It's a shame because Eastlink could be dominating but they're insistent on doing the same thing over and over and over again.
Pros
Coworkers, starting wage
Cons
Repetitive, shift times, management, advancement
My sister died
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS27 February 2018
My sister had sadly passed away a three months into my job working for Eastlink. I informed them about my family matter and they said they would have to take a different route and fired me two days later.
Would never recommend this company to anyone if they are looking for job security.
Pros
Cons
Management is awful.
"Best Managed" doesn't mean best to work for
IT (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 February 2018
If you're in a dept that's not sales, marketing, or cust service, they have no problem letting you know that you're worthless. Ask for $20/per person to have a team building event for an evening? Nope. One week later, fly in every marketing person from across the country for a week long team building events, including paid lunches each day, scavenger hunts around the city, and nightly gatherings? Sure!

The double standards there is ridiculous. And if they like you, you'll get promoted. It doesn't matter if you're qualified for the position, you'll still move up quickly. It's all about popularity and being part of the clique. Overworked, under paid, under appreciated. Came in early and worked through lunches for weeks at a time while the work load kept piling up. When we asked to hire someone else to lighten our load, we were told "We can't do that because if the work load suddenly decreases (after a year, it didn't. It only increased) they'd have to start laying people off. Nevermind that the company bought 3 other companies in that same year, Nearly doubling our work load, then finally hiring ONE more person. Don't care about mental health. Don't care about employee satisfactions. They only care about the bottom line.

Increasing prices but not passing it on to employees. I guess jet fuel is expensive when the execs fly back and forth to their Hawaiian compound multiple times each year.
Pros
Great, if you want a mental break down
Cons
Easy job, great people to work with
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 January 2018
I loved the people who worked with me at Eastlink, including managers. Everyone was very nice and willing to help when you needed it. Great pay for a call center job.
Eastlink
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE2 January 2018
As per as my concern Eastlink is fast growing company in Atlantic Canada that is giving u best salary products and services in Atlantic areas. workplace is good.
Pros
Call volume
Cons
low salary
Excellent company to learn a variety of skills
Business Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 December 2017
Great possibilities for advancement, and great support from senior management. It was due to another opportunity on the other side of Canada that I left. I would happily recommend Eastlink to a colleague.
Customer service sales
Customer service sales (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth30 September 2017
This Company is insane,If you are looking for a job with security it is a not a good place 1) Don’t be late two minutes from break 2) If you use washroom even if you come back in two minutes the management makes face at you 3) Too much micromanagement 4) If you are stuck on call with the customer you will be in trouble they are concerned only on Sales , even though you make sales but have emergency and took off they will find a reason to fire you .. You can make money but no Job security, Favouritisim ..
Pros
Commission
Pension Plan
Senior Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 September 2017
Great Benefits and company matched pension plan. Great people, daytime working hours. 3 weeks vacation after 3 yrs. Flexible. Opportunity to advance.
Does not value employees
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE13 September 2017
Does not value employee contributions, no real chances to advances, company policies make it very difficult to do job. Takes them years to resolve problems that are minimal.
Pros
Good money
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work in Tv
Producer/Reporter/Anchor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 May 2017
It's a fun atmosphere to work in. Meet new people on a daily basis. Challenging projets. Fun and entertaining. Sometimes working with old gear. Long hours but worth it.
Pros
Doesn't feel like work
Flexible
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Digby, NS23 May 2017
Eastlink is the most flexible company I have worked for to date. My manager is accommodating and the atmosphere is fun and friendly. I feel valued as an employee
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay scale
Would never recommend if you want a long term job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS5 May 2017
This company will fire you out of the blue. If you are not on top of your sales everyday you will be talked to. You cannot miss any time, even if its an emergency they will hold it againt you. You can be top in your sales but you miss any time for anything they will fire you without notice. They hire too many people then watch you like a hawk to find any reason to fire you. They only like you as an employee when youre doing good.
Cons
No job security, will fire you out of nowhere
Very supportive and interactive team managers in all aspects of protocol and sales support
Telecommunications Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 May 2017
Great team environment and a lot of sales support from team managers through discussions and meetings. All for improving in all areas of customer satisfaction and workplace.
Pros
Supportive, happy and upbeat work environment
Cons
sitting down for long periods of time
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS4 April 2017
Very personalized atmosphere. Even when working from home I did not feel like a number. Every level within the company was accessible and I have had excellent rapport with all of my colleagues.
Bonne entreprise pour debuter dans le metier
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 February 2017
C'est une bonne entreprise pour débuter, l'envirronement de trvail est correct, le management est correct, cependant le seul reproche que je me permettrai de faire est qu'il n'y a aucun mesure en place pour former les techniciens, c'est du chacun pour soi, tiens les bouquins va étudier !" donc si tu est quelqu'un de très ambitieux, prépare toi a une stagnation de quelques années avant d’être capable de dépasser les 55k par an.
Great Place for Entry Level Employment
Clients Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 February 2017
This was a great place to work at for entry Level Employment, with plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company.
great local company, management needs an overhaul
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 February 2017
Customer Care Call Center -

I was there for a long time before moving on and it I saw it go from a great place with ample staffing and management go to an over worked understaffed mismanaged mess.

used to be a great place to work where you would take overtime voluntarily because you enjoyed your job. The start of the decline was when they changed the commission structure to make it near impossible to make a decent commission other then the top few people that sold very well. this move made the new system impossible to track if they were actually giving you the money you earned or not. once this took place they start loosing a lot of staff because of loss of commission that can be substantial. they started adding new computer software that made working efficiently impossible. this made metrics harder to meet making it even harder to make commission and again loosing money. then they started a system of angering their customers that would blow back on the customer service with long hold times, ques that never ended and being berated by customers for 8 hours a day. once that started to blow over they would release something new that would upset customers and starting the cycle all over again.

Some of the team managers were great others were not up to par at all. upper management never seemed to understand some of the issues we were having and never tried to make changes to help, if anything the opposite.

it's unfortunate because they offer great pay, good benefits and used to be a joy to go to work and no its just the pay and benefits. That can be fine for some but
  more... others wont be able to take the pressure.

It might have changed since working there but from what I hear from friends that still do it is worse then before and no signs of getting any better.
Pros
Pay, benefits, location, local company.
Cons
management, pressure, customer abuse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastlink. Our community is ready to answer.