Eastlink Employee Reviews

Eastlink
Service Address Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 January 2019
The section I worked in required a team concept approach with employees being able to work in a team environment or work independently without supervision.
The workload was moderately paced with spikes of heavy activity. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction I received knowing that I was able to assist clients with their needs and provide appropriate resolution to problems.
Pros
Good Management
Absolutey terrible
Sales/Retention/Tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS10 September 2018
This company was terrible to work for. they believe that competitive benefits and wages mean selling out any kind of honest business practice. Employees are numbers and KPIs and not people. They would rather pay severance and fines than even follow proper employment standards and protections.
Pros
money
Cons
the end of hope
I've been happy
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  PEI9 September 2018
My only "complaint" is that customers can be jerks and yell at employees for something that is out of there control. That's retail; If you can't handle jerks, don't apply in retail. It may be possible to move up in the company, but less likely if you're not in Halifax.
Pros
commission, health benefits
Cons
breaks get missed a lot due to lack of staff to meet the demands of cranky customers.
Fun workplace with supportive staff
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 April 2018
Working at Eastlink as a retail sales representative gives you a fun work environment with the opportunity to earn commission. The staff is supportive and it does not take long to learn the tasks involved with the job. There is also opportunity to rise in the ranks within the company
Great Place to work
Director of Operations Western Canada (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 April 2018
I totally enjoyed my time at Eastlink. I worked with many great people both in the field and support staff. I cannot recommend it highly enough, although there were times when the work got a little stressed.
Pros
Great workmates.
Cons
Not much work family balance
Ok to work for
Home Customer Service, Retention and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS13 April 2018
The best thing about working for Eastlink is I got to work from home and I was able to be there when my son went to school and when he came home. The hardest part of the job was being in an office all day long with no one to talk to
Pros
worked from home
Cons
not family friendly
good balance for your professional and personal life
RAN (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 April 2018
good place to work , co-operative staff and managers, near to downtown and other places in city, environment is motivational, good development programs, trainings from vendors arranged
Typical Contact Centre
Inbound Customer Service & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 March 2018
Eastlink's call centre used to be (3+ years ago) focused on customer service first and sales second which made them loved by customers and set them apart from the competition. They still care about quality customer service but all you hear about is making sales and your numbers. Most of their top sales agents move on to other companies to make more money for multiple reasons. Every time they make a commission change they make it harder for you to make money and every time you'll hear "we did this to help you make more money" which was never the case as they would always make the metrics harder to hit. If you're good at sales you'll be loved, if you're not, they're looking forward for you to give them a reason to let you go.The benefits package is pretty good. If you're good at sales you can make $16-$22 an hour. Starting wage is above $13 The scheduling is incredibly frustrating as one week you could start at 8am and the next at 1pm, very hard on the body. If you need a job it can hold you over for a bit until you find something better like a bank call centre. Essentially, what happens is almost everyone who starts there, likes it at first then slowly over time sees how dysfunctional and unhappy and frustrated so many coworkers are with management. Corporate is across the city and never comes to talk with us, the agents who know their customers better than anyone. It's a shame because Eastlink could be dominating but they're insistent on doing the same thing over and over and over again.
Pros
Coworkers, starting wage
Cons
Repetitive, shift times, management, advancement
My sister died
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS27 February 2018
My sister had sadly passed away a three months into my job working for Eastlink. I informed them about my family matter and they said they would have to take a different route and fired me two days later.
Would never recommend this company to anyone if they are looking for job security.
Pros
Cons
Management is awful.
"Best Managed" doesn't mean best to work for
IT (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 February 2018
If you're in a dept that's not sales, marketing, or cust service, they have no problem letting you know that you're worthless. Ask for $20/per person to have a team building event for an evening? Nope. One week later, fly in every marketing person from across the country for a week long team building events, including paid lunches each day, scavenger hunts around the city, and nightly gatherings? Sure!

The double standards there is ridiculous. And if they like you, you'll get promoted. It doesn't matter if you're qualified for the position, you'll still move up quickly. It's all about popularity and being part of the clique. Overworked, under paid, under appreciated. Came in early and worked through lunches for weeks at a time while the work load kept piling up. When we asked to hire someone else to lighten our load, we were told "We can't do that because if the work load suddenly decreases (after a year, it didn't. It only increased) they'd have to start laying people off. Nevermind that the company bought 3 other companies in that same year, Nearly doubling our work load, then finally hiring ONE more person. Don't care about mental health. Don't care about employee satisfactions. They only care about the bottom line.

Increasing prices but not passing it on to employees. I guess jet fuel is expensive when the execs fly back and forth to their Hawaiian compound multiple times each year.
Pros
Great, if you want a mental break down
Cons
Easy job, great people to work with
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 January 2018
I loved the people who worked with me at Eastlink, including managers. Everyone was very nice and willing to help when you needed it. Great pay for a call center job.
Eastlink
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE2 January 2018
As per as my concern Eastlink is fast growing company in Atlantic Canada that is giving u best salary products and services in Atlantic areas. workplace is good.
Pros
Call volume
Cons
low salary
Excellent company to learn a variety of skills
Business Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 December 2017
Great possibilities for advancement, and great support from senior management. It was due to another opportunity on the other side of Canada that I left. I would happily recommend Eastlink to a colleague.
Customer service sales
Customer service sales (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth30 September 2017
This Company is insane,If you are looking for a job with security it is a not a good place 1) Don’t be late two minutes from break 2) If you use washroom even if you come back in two minutes the management makes face at you 3) Too much micromanagement 4) If you are stuck on call with the customer you will be in trouble they are concerned only on Sales , even though you make sales but have emergency and took off they will find a reason to fire you .. You can make money but no Job security, Favouritisim ..
Pros
Commission
Pension Plan
Senior Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 September 2017
Great Benefits and company matched pension plan. Great people, daytime working hours. 3 weeks vacation after 3 yrs. Flexible. Opportunity to advance.
Does not value employees
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE13 September 2017
Does not value employee contributions, no real chances to advances, company policies make it very difficult to do job. Takes them years to resolve problems that are minimal.
Pros
Good money
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work in Tv
Producer/Reporter/Anchor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 May 2017
It's a fun atmosphere to work in. Meet new people on a daily basis. Challenging projets. Fun and entertaining. Sometimes working with old gear. Long hours but worth it.
Pros
Doesn't feel like work
Flexible
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Digby, NS23 May 2017
Eastlink is the most flexible company I have worked for to date. My manager is accommodating and the atmosphere is fun and friendly. I feel valued as an employee
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay scale
Would never recommend if you want a long term job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS5 May 2017
This company will fire you out of the blue. If you are not on top of your sales everyday you will be talked to. You cannot miss any time, even if its an emergency they will hold it againt you. You can be top in your sales but you miss any time for anything they will fire you without notice. They hire too many people then watch you like a hawk to find any reason to fire you. They only like you as an employee when youre doing good.
Cons
No job security, will fire you out of nowhere
Very supportive and interactive team managers in all aspects of protocol and sales support
Telecommunications Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 May 2017
Great team environment and a lot of sales support from team managers through discussions and meetings. All for improving in all areas of customer satisfaction and workplace.
Pros
Supportive, happy and upbeat work environment
Cons
sitting down for long periods of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastlink. Our community is ready to answer.