Eastern Health System Employee Reviews

Productive and very busy
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 June 2018
Great place to work,although very busy. Staff and management are great to work with. The best part of my job was working with so many patients everyday,knowing that I helped them just a little, gave me job satisfaction. Worst part of my day was the driving to and from,as I live so far from work.
Fast Pace Work, Great Pay
Support Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 May 2018
Fairly compensate their employees for their time and work. Being on a casual schedule can be tedious at time as it challenges day-to-day life, but it's a great spot to start within a large company.
Great Place to work but need more hours.
Temporary call (Current Employee) –  Dr. Walter Templeman Hospital30 April 2018
Great Place to work. Not enough hours though. On call 24/7 for 4 years. Not enough work for me. Good variety. In patient care area, walk in aread. Dietary in Kitchen.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
on call 24/7
Excellent place to work!
Clerk I, Stenographer, Clerk-Typist III (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 April 2018
Enjoyed working with Eastern Health for 37 years. Very pleasant place to work and the managers were second to none. I computed 3 hours daily for the last 18 years at work. I was so happy in my job.
Lpn
Licenced Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 March 2018
I was an LPN there for 11 and a half years. there is no job security with Eastern Health and I found that when you speak for what you believe in and your rights it goes unnoticed and/or you get in trouble. I quit working there due to nurses being overworked and no understanding for staff like myself.
Depends on Place of Work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 March 2018
Very often working short, too many managers and not enough daily staff. Floats are pulled to 3-4 units per day. Regular staff hate to see floats and tend not to help them out with what needs to be done but would rather complain. Hardest part of the job is going from days to nights with not even a day in between. Most enjoyable part is being able to spend time with residents and getting to know their past and stories.
Pros
Work/Hours
Cons
Management/Staffing Issues
No respect or recognition
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 March 2018
Never willing work around child care services. Underpaid for what is expected from you. No respect or recognition. If you speak up or aren't liked you do not succeed.
Pros
Benefits!!
Cons
long hours, no respect
ABA therapy excellent job
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 February 2018
I loved my job as an ABA Therapist and would do it again in a second. The training provided was exceptional and easy to understand. Working with Autistic children is one of the things im passionate about because I have a son on the spectrum
Pros
flexible and bonuses
Cons
stressful at times
eastern health
Eastern health PCA (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 January 2018
enjoyed working here very much and still enjoy the job, casual is very difficult to get hours. as a tic you don't get much scheduled shifts, always on call.
Competitive Pay
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carbonear, NL5 January 2018
Alot of room to move around to different jobs within the health authority if you are willing to stick it out until the right opportunity pops up. Lots of opportunity for overtime.
Ok place to work
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 January 2018
Salerly is good but work/life balance is not so great. Spent more time at work then anywhere else. Multiple 12hr shifts also tend to burn you out after a while
Pros
Good money
great place to work, worked there for 23 years
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Placentia, NL13 October 2017
I was administrative assistant for social workers in the child protection and community supports division.
typical day included typing reports for social workers, answering telephone calls, processing mail, preparing outgoing mail, setting up files, records management, liaison with building manager for office repairs, etc
Pros
had a great relationship with co-worker
Cons
no room for advancement
Food services
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 October 2017
The food services is a great place to work for with all the great benefits and etc. some of the work requirements you I'll do is
. Serving patients/ preparing patients trays
. Lifting 30lbs + bending and pulling
.interacting with sick patients
. Preparing the trays in a time frame
Pros
Learning and interacting and helping patients
Cons
Hard on your feet and back
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 September 2017
Good place to work, Needs more staff but management is good and full time hours available. Different shift hours available and benefits included. Great staff to work with.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Medical Records Techician (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL8 August 2017
I get to work from home and have the option to start work earlier than the office use to open so it gives me more time to enjoy the day and i no longer have to deal with traffic.
Pros
No traffic and no more packing lunches
a typical day at work
Support Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 July 2017
I was only working for 7 months before I file my maternity leave, nothing much i could say but so far it is a good working environment and im working as temporary on call
Challenging but worthwhile position
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Grand Bank, NL18 July 2017
As an ABA therapist for eastern health, I love my position. This job sets me with a new obstacle everyday, testing my creativity and patience. Leaving at the end of the day knowing I've made a difference in this child's life is the best feeling in the world. I love this job.
BCP (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 July 2017
It's difficult to move ahead at EH. Seems the advancement opportunities are limited and restricted to a few. No compensation for advanced education and work life balance is a challenge
productive place to work
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 June 2017
Good work environment. Advancement could take longer than I would have expected. Salary increases every six months. Good working with the people there. The management was very good to work along with.
great place
CLERK II (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 June 2017
Great place to work! Great coworkers and management. Pay was excellent as was office environment. Loved working here but just not enough hours. Full time would have been awesome!
Pros
co workers
Cons
part time work