Eastern Health System Employee Reviews

Lpn
Licenced Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 March 2018
I was an LPN there for 11 and a half years. there is no job security with Eastern Health and I found that when you speak for what you believe in and your rights it goes unnoticed and/or you get in trouble. I quit working there due to nurses being overworked and no understanding for staff like myself.
Depends on Place of Work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 March 2018
Very often working short, too many managers and not enough daily staff. Floats are pulled to 3-4 units per day. Regular staff hate to see floats and tend not to help them out with what needs to be done but would rather complain. Hardest part of the job is going from days to nights with not even a day in between. Most enjoyable part is being able to spend time with residents and getting to know their past and stories.
Pros
Work/Hours
Cons
Management/Staffing Issues
No respect or recognition
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 March 2018
Never willing work around child care services. Underpaid for what is expected from you. No respect or recognition. If you speak up or aren't liked you do not succeed.
Pros
Benefits!!
Cons
long hours, no respect
ABA therapy excellent job
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 February 2018
I loved my job as an ABA Therapist and would do it again in a second. The training provided was exceptional and easy to understand. Working with Autistic children is one of the things im passionate about because I have a son on the spectrum
Pros
flexible and bonuses
Cons
stressful at times
eastern health
Eastern health PCA (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 January 2018
enjoyed working here very much and still enjoy the job, casual is very difficult to get hours. as a tic you don't get much scheduled shifts, always on call.
Competitive Pay
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carbonear, NL5 January 2018
Alot of room to move around to different jobs within the health authority if you are willing to stick it out until the right opportunity pops up. Lots of opportunity for overtime.
Ok place to work
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 January 2018
Salerly is good but work/life balance is not so great. Spent more time at work then anywhere else. Multiple 12hr shifts also tend to burn you out after a while
Pros
Good money
great place to work, worked there for 23 years
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Placentia, NL13 October 2017
I was administrative assistant for social workers in the child protection and community supports division.
typical day included typing reports for social workers, answering telephone calls, processing mail, preparing outgoing mail, setting up files, records management, liaison with building manager for office repairs, etc
Pros
had a great relationship with co-worker
Cons
no room for advancement
Food services
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 October 2017
The food services is a great place to work for with all the great benefits and etc. some of the work requirements you I'll do is
. Serving patients/ preparing patients trays
. Lifting 30lbs + bending and pulling
.interacting with sick patients
. Preparing the trays in a time frame
Pros
Learning and interacting and helping patients
Cons
Hard on your feet and back
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 September 2017
Good place to work, Needs more staff but management is good and full time hours available. Different shift hours available and benefits included. Great staff to work with.

Want to know more about Eastern Health System?

Ask a question
Most enjoyable part of my job
Medical Records Techician (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL8 August 2017
I get to work from home and have the option to start work earlier than the office use to open so it gives me more time to enjoy the day and i no longer have to deal with traffic.
Pros
No traffic and no more packing lunches
a typical day at work
Support Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 July 2017
I was only working for 7 months before I file my maternity leave, nothing much i could say but so far it is a good working environment and im working as temporary on call
Challenging but worthwhile position
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Grand Bank, NL18 July 2017
As an ABA therapist for eastern health, I love my position. This job sets me with a new obstacle everyday, testing my creativity and patience. Leaving at the end of the day knowing I've made a difference in this child's life is the best feeling in the world. I love this job.
BCP (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 July 2017
It's difficult to move ahead at EH. Seems the advancement opportunities are limited and restricted to a few. No compensation for advanced education and work life balance is a challenge
productive place to work
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 June 2017
Good work environment. Advancement could take longer than I would have expected. Salary increases every six months. Good working with the people there. The management was very good to work along with.
great place
CLERK II (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 June 2017
Great place to work! Great coworkers and management. Pay was excellent as was office environment. Loved working here but just not enough hours. Full time would have been awesome!
Pros
co workers
Cons
part time work
Co workers are excellent , a lot of help when you need it but poor management specifically from central staffing.
I am a casual worker with Environmental Service (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador9 March 2017
Co workers are amazing , a place where you can meet wonderful friends. Co workers help each others every well; however, the management is absolutely horrible , they act as if they don't care about you.

Central staffing, specifically, knows best how to complain when employee didn't answer call on time but does not care about what employee says

I suggest changes within the management or retraining of those managers.

I sometimes assume that most of those managers got these positions immediately when they graduated from Universities without going to gradual process of promotion. based on good performance.
Pros
1. Good place to work
Cons
1.Poor management system. 2. place to meet amazing cowkers
product and enjoyable place to work
Blue Crest LTC-MSA / Staffing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burin, NL17 December 2016
very rewarding helping others-organizational skills were essential for inventory and restocking-assisting in house clients as well as staff to meet their needs.
Pros
staff and clientelle was great to work with
Cons
HR was oftentimes difficult to work with
Not a great working environment
Licence Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Eastern Health St. John's NL12 December 2016
For a health organization they don't focus on a healthy work environment. Managers Pitt staff against each other. Managers do not treat staff well when it comes to scheduling and getting annual leave, family leave or sick leave.
Pros
Close relationships with co workers
Cons
Long hours, mandation, managers only care about the bottom line, leave units short staffed a lot
Enjoyed time working with the ederly
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 September 2016
Love working there spending time with residents and getting to know them and their families. Loved taking the extra time with a resident who had no family. I still visit some of the resident even though I no longer work there.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Long hours and child care issues