Eastern Health System Employee Reviews

good
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador15 September 2018
Great place to work. Very friendly environment. Great employment. Enjoyed working as a tutor. Loved the flexible hours and the flexibility with scheduling.
fun workplace
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 September 2018
I loved going to work each day to see the residents smile and as well to work with the coworkers I had. It was a very hard decision for me to leave my position but unfortunately it was necessary that I do so.
Great potential and great work
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 August 2018
a lot of good work happens here that is not celebrated. A lot of talented people.
I enjoy my work and the people. It is very satisfying to help install an application that could save someone's life.
Not bad
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 August 2018
the job is pretty straightforward and the management wants you to do well so they are helpful and kind, but the job requires a lot of walking and exercise that can be difficult for people with back problems.
is what it is
Clerk II (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 July 2018
its good money. all sites are different so it depends on where you work how thing will go for you in that area. You also have to pay for a parking pass or pay daily in paid parking especially at HSC.
productive workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 July 2018
My work is very fact paced, and requires constant critical thinking and prioritizing. I am supported by great management and a very team orientated approach.
friendly place to work, job is mostly boring
Safety Security Monitor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 June 2018
usually sitting most of the day, co-workers are typically good to work with. not type of job for me as I like to be active. not usually much activity involved
Productive and very busy
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 June 2018
Great place to work,although very busy. Staff and management are great to work with. The best part of my job was working with so many patients everyday,knowing that I helped them just a little, gave me job satisfaction. Worst part of my day was the driving to and from,as I live so far from work.
Fast Pace Work, Great Pay
Support Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 May 2018
Fairly compensate their employees for their time and work. Being on a casual schedule can be tedious at time as it challenges day-to-day life, but it's a great spot to start within a large company.
Great Place to work but need more hours.
Temporary call (Current Employee) –  Dr. Walter Templeman Hospital30 April 2018
Great Place to work. Not enough hours though. On call 24/7 for 4 years. Not enough work for me. Good variety. In patient care area, walk in aread. Dietary in Kitchen.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
on call 24/7
Excellent place to work!
Clerk I, Stenographer, Clerk-Typist III (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 April 2018
Enjoyed working with Eastern Health for 37 years. Very pleasant place to work and the managers were second to none. I computed 3 hours daily for the last 18 years at work. I was so happy in my job.
Lpn
Licenced Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 March 2018
I was an LPN there for 11 and a half years. there is no job security with Eastern Health and I found that when you speak for what you believe in and your rights it goes unnoticed and/or you get in trouble. I quit working there due to nurses being overworked and no understanding for staff like myself.
Depends on Place of Work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 March 2018
Very often working short, too many managers and not enough daily staff. Floats are pulled to 3-4 units per day. Regular staff hate to see floats and tend not to help them out with what needs to be done but would rather complain. Hardest part of the job is going from days to nights with not even a day in between. Most enjoyable part is being able to spend time with residents and getting to know their past and stories.
Pros
Work/Hours
Cons
Management/Staffing Issues
No respect or recognition
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 March 2018
Never willing work around child care services. Underpaid for what is expected from you. No respect or recognition. If you speak up or aren't liked you do not succeed.
Pros
Benefits!!
Cons
long hours, no respect
ABA therapy excellent job
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 February 2018
I loved my job as an ABA Therapist and would do it again in a second. The training provided was exceptional and easy to understand. Working with Autistic children is one of the things im passionate about because I have a son on the spectrum
Pros
flexible and bonuses
Cons
stressful at times
eastern health
Eastern health PCA (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 January 2018
enjoyed working here very much and still enjoy the job, casual is very difficult to get hours. as a tic you don't get much scheduled shifts, always on call.
Competitive Pay
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carbonear, NL5 January 2018
Alot of room to move around to different jobs within the health authority if you are willing to stick it out until the right opportunity pops up. Lots of opportunity for overtime.
Ok place to work
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 January 2018
Salerly is good but work/life balance is not so great. Spent more time at work then anywhere else. Multiple 12hr shifts also tend to burn you out after a while
Pros
Good money
great place to work, worked there for 23 years
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Placentia, NL13 October 2017
I was administrative assistant for social workers in the child protection and community supports division.
typical day included typing reports for social workers, answering telephone calls, processing mail, preparing outgoing mail, setting up files, records management, liaison with building manager for office repairs, etc
Pros
had a great relationship with co-worker
Cons
no room for advancement
Food services
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 October 2017
The food services is a great place to work for with all the great benefits and etc. some of the work requirements you I'll do is
. Serving patients/ preparing patients trays
. Lifting 30lbs + bending and pulling
.interacting with sick patients
. Preparing the trays in a time frame
Pros
Learning and interacting and helping patients
Cons
Hard on your feet and back