Eastern Health Canada

Eastern Health Canada Employee Reviews

Very productive department for large number of employees We served. Very good in maintaining regular staff in our payroll department. s

Fast pace environment, enjoyed my work very much. Managed staff of approximately 25 payroll staff. Liaison with various government department and other independent organizations. Responsible for all our revenue Canada account reconciliations. I was a part of the interview committee for payroll and other clerical positions. I was one of the team leaders with consolidation of 39 payroll systems to one major payroll within Eastern Health. Worked with our Human Resources dept with respect to the accreditation process with our organization. Responsible for different union contracts, Nape, Nurses, allied health, management, non union, lab-X-ray groups etc.

Pros

Great place to work, not exactly any freebies

great co workers

Eastern Health is too top heavy, to many Rns in 8-4 poisons and not enough to staff the units. Lpns are not always recognized for the educationed and qualified discipline they are .

Pros

Co workers

Cons

To much Management

Good place to work but no scedule always on call day and night

I liked working there but they are extremely strict with calling people into work like u don’t answer every single time they will take all your hours u have built up or let u go . You have no idea most of time when you will be working they call you 24/7 but also don’t guarantee you your hours so I was working two jobs trying to build up my hours with eastern health couldn’t keep it up.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

No scedule

I honestly could have worked there beyond retirement.

Working for Eastern Health was such a blessing! Unfortunately, I don't work there anymore due to some health issues I had to deal with promptly and sadly I wasn't able to be that excellent employee they deserve and require. Fast paced environment with lots of opportunities to advance or even if you want to expand your career or learn new skills once you are an employee of EH you could always apply in a variety of areas, everything from nursing, laboratory, radiology, respiratory staff to clerks and housekeepers. Excellent pay with great benefits, loved my hours, management was very respectable truly values it's employees and their wellbeing.

Pros

Excellent pay with great benefits, Lots of different job opportunities with a variety of choices, Nursing position posted for 3 hospitals, permanent /part time, casual, full time one could be for emergency, occupational health & safety and another position could be in ICU

Cons

Can be on your feet for long periods of time however, breaks and lunch

Awesome

Worked with them 7 years loved working with it no better to company to work for awesome company with an annual leave, family leave, sick leave by the the best company yet highly recommend

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Good for expereince

Eastern Health is a good place to work especially for wanting experience. Pay is higher than working in a private home/ health sector. Most staff are enjoyable to work with.

Pros

Well Paying

Cons

Hr

very family like office

Great place to work staff is always friendly and willing to help. management is great and supportive. You always get ample leave when needed and you family is a big priority with Eastern Health

My review

It’s a nice place to work at and a good income, but being on call is very stressful, especially pay to pay living. It’s a nice environment to work at.

Eastern health is a well established company

I enjoy working for eastern health because I enjoy assisting the elderly with anything they require. There is never a dull moment. Someone is always there to puts a smile on my face.

unfair pay for trades

job security is only thing thats a bonus alot of extra work placed on workers unfair wages compare to others in the same union unfair wages compare to other positions not requiring anything but a grade 12

Jobs at Eastern Health Canada

See more jobs

Worst employer!

They treat you like a number, irrelevant and easily replaceable. No appreciation, no uplifting their staff, short staffed all the time, and they just don't care about their employees. I used to love nursing until I came here.

The only game in town.

For healthcare professionals, Eastern Health is really the only option. For administrative and support people, it is one of the highest paying options. This may contribute to the corporate culture of treating people like they are lucky to have a job rather than valued employees. EH employs a very "top down" management style without engaging in any real consultation or recognition that the front line staff who do the work are in the position to discuss the work. This contributes to culture of getting away with doing as little as possible with minimal commitment to excellence. This is reinforced by very limited opportunities or support for professional development. As always it is the people who make the job. Employees are certainly friendly with each other and the clients/patients are lovely.

Great

It has been a great experience and I love where it has gotten me today but I want to broaden my experience working at something new. I am great with people and work well alone as well with a team

Underpaid for cost of living

Jobs are rewarding but not paid enough for cost of living and deductions that come off the pay. Benefits are decent, raises are rare. Overtime is rare.

Excellent corporation to work for!

As a previous Food Service Worker I and II, I absolutely loved my job. Looked forward to going to work every day. The staff that I worked with were amazing people, and made excellent friends. was a fast paced and fun environment to work in, and I highly recommend everyone to apply.

Sressful,low moral

It is the most difficult place to work. Low moral. No one cares.No advancement for management. Very difficult environment. No one wants tom work there.

fun

enjoyed the job and patients fast paced clinic with great team work management is great at times hardest part is the over booking of clinics the patients is my favourite part

My manager is what makes my job so fulfilling. Workplace culture is great. Great team environment. We are a team of allied health and therapeutic recreation

Nothing to say

Loved working there but times changed and so did the work ethic of newer employees and not for the better. It is more a business now than looking after patient care.

Not much employee activities available

It is a very busy, fast paced office. The workload is huge but manageable as long as you are in the office daily. The people I work with are awesome and will be missed for sure. I get along especially well with the other people in my department

Pros

Pension, Health Benefits, Union

Cons

no chance for advancement

Good

I enjoy working with Eastern health the wages are good and love my co worker and management. I feel respected and valued within the organization. I would recommend it for people looking for a long term employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Health Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement