Easter Seals Employee Reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 2,063 reviews
Work Place Environment
Developmental Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 October 2018
Everyone at Easter seals seemed please to work there and that they received fulfilment from the work they did. This job gave me the opportunity to work at many different events and meet the people this non for profit organizations helps giving the work you do meaning. Overall this was a fantastic work experience.
Excellent non profit organization
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2018
It is a fantastic place to work. The people that work in the office are wonderful caring productive people. There is always something to keep you busy when there are down times.
You are overworked and often underappreciated
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Bragg Creek, AB, Canada20 November 2017
The overall idea the camp promotes is great, however hours are long, there is little appreciation of your work from senior management, you have to get by on nearly no sleep for days on end and the salary is atrocious if you apply through an agency like NYQuest or CCUSA. It is the equivalent of about £900 for an entire summer's work.
Pros
Free meals throughout week
Cons
very long hours
Intern from Advertising and Marketing Program
Internship, Developing fundraising campaigns (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 October 2017
Had a great time learning about the inner workings of a leading charity. Designed some marketing materials for a summer camp promotion, and learned about databasing for doing fundraising mailouts. I enjoyed this experience even though it was volunteer, with no pay attached. Intern placement from St. Lawrence College.
Pros
Fundraising, Creativity, Non Routine
Cons
Not a full time placement with salary
Great place to gain experience and invest in the lives of others.
Bragg Creek - Lead Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bragg Creek, AB2 October 2017
Great place to gain experience and invest in the lives of others. There is a significant amount of hands on experience, and oppertunity to gain new skills and developed existing skills.
Best experience of my life
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Bragg Creek, AB11 September 2017
ESCH is the best place I have ever worked at. I have never experienced such a friendly and welcoming environment at a workplace. The staff are taken care of along with the clients and the work accomplished there is the most rewarding and incomparable work that I have ever seen.
Pros
Extremely rewarding, free food and accommodation, long lasting relationships
Cons
Work is 24/7
The Easter Seal Society, Ontario
District Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 August 2017
The overall review is based on my experience with the board, staff and volunteers of the time. It would be difficult to provide a review at this time as so many things have changed since I left the organization.
Awesome place to work
KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BC15 May 2017
This was one of my favourite jobs. It is perfect for students or anyone who is looking for a summer job. You are surrounded by fun, upbeat people and get to be somewhat involved in the children's summer camp experience. There are not a lot of places to advance, however, it is fun for a summer job.
Pros
Free meals
Great place to volunteer at
iCan Bike Camp Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 October 2015
Perfect volunteering environment. Had fun volunteering with the kids while teaching them how to ride their bikes. Requires a lot of effort but overall, a wonderful experience.
productive fun place of employment
Behavior Interventioist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, PE27 May 2015
a wonderful and pleasant place of employment. Everyone is friendly and supportive. The services they provide is amazing and really enrich the lives of those who struggles with family members with disabilities and help they family with coping skills,tools and support.
my work experience
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  grand lake,camp rotary2 January 2014
i worked with special needs kids(disabled) at a camp.it was a good experience because it was my first time handling this kind of job,it was hard at the beginning but as time went by, my confidence and relationship among the campers begin to grow and i love every part of the job with task given to complete.
Pros
free food
Cons
lack of sleep
Making a Difference
EVENT PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2013
The children are what it's all about at Easter Seals Ontario. The team never forgets why they do what they do and I admire each of them.
fun place
camp cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericton4 October 2013
what i learn no restaurants camp cooking is like catering love it

great place of people with heart and the hardens about the job its not all year round and i like there is a place your wont'ed
Fun workplace, rewarding work, enjoy working with disabled
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  CA5 August 2013
I enjoyed working as a team and being in a positive environment.
Pros
Happy Kids
fun great experiance
Office Assistance  (Former Employee) –  kingston ontario25 July 2013
id answer phones, make labels, do faxing, clean offices for meetings and roll coins. i learned patience, basic office skills and how to get things done well.my bosses were nice and got along with me well. i didnt have any coworkers. hardest part was figuring out the fax machine. the easiest part was the cleaning and coin rolling.
Work and Play Combined for a Great Summer Experience
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 September 2012
This job is by far the most rewarding job that I've ever had. Working with children with physical and cognitive disabilities can be extremely challenging, but it's also incredibly rewarding. This job challenged me in ways that I had never been challenged before, and all of the staff worked extremely well together, including the leadership team.
Pros
free room and board, fun staff activities
Cons
long work days (essentially a 24/7 job)