East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

Great stepping stone within the industry
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
East Side’s is a fast paced chain managed by Cara corporation. It was a great entry level position and I enjoyed the work atmosphere. Would definitely work there again.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Out of date restaurant atmosphere
Okay place to work at
Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 March 2018
Its a fun environment and co workers make it worth your while. Managers are not the best. Hours may cut back whenever and hard to get time off. Lunch and dinner services are pretty steady amd can have some crazy nights.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Hard to get good hours
Started as a hostess but moved up fast
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 February 2018
This was the very restaurant I ever worked at, I started as a hostess and then a server to a bartender, I loved the training and the staff that were there and how they treated their staff....
Nice community but lacking organization
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 February 2018
Following change in ownership management seemed overloaded. Kitchen staff and dish staff changed frequently and there was often times back of house employees would not show up for shifts creating issues for front of house. Often we lacked a capable person in dish to keep up with work load causing a shortage of cutlery or pans to cook with as a resulting setting and seating would be restricted or a back up in the kitchen due to lack of pots pans or plates creating stress servers and managers. Managers were supportive of commitments outside of work and were easy to communicate with. Scheduling was accommodating and front of house maintained their own system of communication to ensure shifts were covered.
Average restaurant work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON24 February 2018
Working as a line cook you are expected to work in a fast pace environment which helps the hours go by. Job culture is very good, but you are expected to work weekend nights, so if you have a heavy social life on the weekends this job isn't for you
My days at my work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON18 February 2018
Usually I would come in to work and would wait until they were ready to have me start serving. Then i would take up to 6 tables and serve them as much all you can eat bread, salads, and soups, and of course their appetizers, mains, and desserts. Once my day was done I would help my team mates clean the restaurant before I went home.
Pros
Easy to adapt to
Cons
Not enough hours
Dont work here.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 February 2018
I lost my job cause they owed 120,000$ in back taxes, i still need my ROE, he stole tips out of tip pool regularily. and got screwed on tips 2 days before christmas. Cant do my taxes because of them. Worst. Job. Ever.
Great team member environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON16 February 2018
Good training program. Learned how to deal with guests as well as co-workers but that depends on the owners. There is a disconnect between head office and the restaurant level. More focus on numbers than on great guest service. There are many good people who are not recognized or utilized as much as they could be.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Work life balance
My First Job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 February 2018
It was my first job ever that I got through a friend and it was a lot of fun working as a dishwasher and learning something new everyday working in the kitchen environment
Pros
lots of work
Cons
closing shift
ok place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2018
i had an ok time working there, some of the owners are just about the button line. but besides that it was a good job in the small town i was in. but I dont think i would work there again
hard to work for
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 February 2018
I stared when there reopen. very fast train not enough time to train,
learn . Learn to carry my own float and mange that. Go in find out where about you are on the floor. then try found out last min that changing table when breaks where.
Innapropriate and degrading
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 February 2018
I will never work at an East Side Marios again with how I was treated. It was innapropriate and unprofessional as well as degrading. It has left a bad tasste in my mouth when it comes to the food industry.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I prepared food everyday
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 February 2018
I prepared the food that needed to be ready for the next day I learned I need to talk to someone when I feel like I can’t do something the hardest thing about it was when it got busy and I was doing one thing the whole day .
Pros
Friends coworkers
Cons
Put to much work on me at once
cheap drinks and young crowd
Bartender/waitress (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 February 2018
great before a night out to have inexspensive drinks, cheap appetizers and firiendly atmosphere, and its open late. great location in the downtown area
Pros
cheap food and drinks
Cons
cheap students
Okay..
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 February 2018
Not enough hours, co workers would show up as if they just woke up from bed. Management was good and very friendly. Was a good starter waitress job. The children can be difficult.
Pros
30% days you worked
Cons
not enough hours, children
Working at East Side Marios was a challenging but fair environment
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 January 2018
While employed here the management was pretty on top of everything but there was some disputes between the management themselves that made it challenging to focus while working
not a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
staff is rude. employers are rude.
kitchen is dirty
bugs in food
dish pit was a puddle. not safe for working in. very slipery
not enough parking
not welcoming
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 January 2018
Absolutely loved working here. It was my first job ever and it really shaped the kind of employee that I am today: reliable and fun to be around. I think everything depends on who you're surrounded by though.
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2018
a normal day would be getting to work signing in and started seating my tables. The culture was fun the managers made the work place workable and enjoyable.
Loved meeting new people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2018
I worked at East Side Mario's while I was in my senior year of high school but I knew I would have needed more hours. I enjoyed all of my colleagues. It was perfect for my first job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Side Mario's. Our community is ready to answer.