East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

Canada641 reviews
Okay
Its a nice group of people but a hard job and certainly not for everyone. The heat from the Kitchen and constant running around can effect some people more than others.
Very fun and fast paced work environment anyone would be blessed to work at
The work experience of East Side Mario's is one I wish to repeat in the future. Such was the social boons of such a collaborative and kindly community of colleagues. Be prepared to help others when there is a rush. What goes around comes around.
Good workplace with best team
Good experience to work with a positive and helpful east side team.The whole team was very vibrant , workplace was neat and maintained well.Talking about the management, the manager was very supportive and friendly to all workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Great Employer and friendly staff. Great customers and the atmosphere is always filled with excitement. Usually busy on Fridays and Saturdays. Never a dull moment.
I learned time management and the value of team work for successful running of a business
Love to work in such a cooperative and friendly environment.
It is a place where you can learn good management skills and work without having stress.
productive and fun workplace. very team oriented.
a typical day at work consisted of me seating guests, telling them the daily specials. i learnt how to use a new p.o.s system. management was always very nice and cooperative with meeting my needs. the workplace culture was busy but manageable.
the hardest part of the job was not over-seating a server during busy times of the week.
Pros
discounts.
Fast-paced enviroment.
The managers were really nice and responsible as a whole. A bit stressful. But of course, when working in restaurants (especially when you're mainly working weekends) it gets busy.
Pros
Nice coworkers and employers.
Cons
Fast paced, constantly moving.
Demanding and fast-paced environment that is vague on job requirements for a reason
The work environment at East Side Mario's was strenuous and often under-valued. It was commonplace to be demanded of hours and labour above and beyond a reasonable assumption without any opportunity for pay increase or upward mobility. It is a tiresome environment that requires more serving labour for less money than most other family restaurants.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at East Side Mario's?
Fast pace, fun environment, and great staff. sometimes stressful during dinner rush
Management was okay and very friendly. The owner was super nice. Management was very unorganized tho. work schedule was bad the manger would schedule you even when you aren't available. evenings were hella busy and stressful. some staff would not show up for shift and you would have to work longer. Most of the time we would run out of food and have to change people's orders in takeout. Takeout food was mixed up all the time. the Whitby location is not longer open because the company shut them down and employees still have not be paid.
Pros
Free soft drinks and bread
Cons
short hours, bad scheduling, place shut down before paying employees
Steady work, lots of hours while I was there
I worked the closing shift about 5 nights a week
I was first a dishwasher, and then moved to line cook, the culture was enjoyable, I liked working there. hardest part of the job was rush hour.
Terrible!
Terrible customer service
Terrible communication

Terrible salary

I’ll never ever work there again!

The boss was a liar and doesn’t care about his workers!
Great place
Great place and good food and nice people very friendly and professional and.....................................just a great place just a great place
A fun workplace
This job taught me a lot of leadership and how to manage dealing with customers as well as how a restaurant works. Shifts usually start at 12 or 4 and shifts can vary in length depending on how busy it is there. The managers were very good to me and good at their jobs. The hardest part of the job is how fast paced it is, the best part was the people that you meet there.
Was a very hectic environment. Unfortunately it closed.
Hectic and fast paced environment. Great job to start in the food and beverage industry, but will wear you out quickly. High volume, less time for making an impression on the table.
terrible management/Manager
One Manager in particular ruined the job She’s also tight with the owners so they never took any complaints about her seriously. Even the ones from customers, and there were many!
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
TERRIBLE manager
How It Was In 2017
When i worked there at 16 pay wasn't the best, most coworkers were awesome others rude to everyone, customers enjoyed the food but didn't enjoy majority of staff. The building itself was falling apart they had to shut the restaurant down for about a year. Management at the time seemed stressed and hard on you, made some people scared and cry. The owner (previous owner) didn't seem to care much about how his restaurant was looking. I do suggest working there now because it's beautifully re-done, under newish owner ship and from what i've heard staff and management is much nicer and more caring and understanding. Customers enjoy it much more now too.
good peopel, hard work environment
during my time at East side Mario's, I found it to be a good start to grow myself as a person and to know what I wanted to do with my life. I would recommend this place for people that are just starting out with their first job
East side Mario's
The Owner carries illegal operations and keeps the establishment dangerously close to getting shut down by an auditor. The place is disgusting and staff gets treated unfairly while being underpaid. Staff members come in intoxicated, unfit for work and he allows the person to continue working the shift
busy, fast paced environment.
East Sides is a great place to work for inexperienced people looking to get into the restaurant industry. it can get fairly crowded at times resulting in stress in the work environment because the kitchen is very small. expectations are unclear at times and management can be intimidating when you first start working there but overall it is a good place for beginners.
Hard Job, Good Culture
Being a dishwasher is not easy. The hours are long and you will be soaked for 10h straight. That said the workplace culture at East Side awesome. Staff gets along and are always willing to help each other. Being a dishwasher sucks but if you work hard and people see that, it will be a short time before you get promoted to something better.
Hard place to work.
Working at East Sides was very difficult. The managers cussed at employees and got angry at them when they made mistakes rather than coaching them through it. The hostesses are treated like they are at the bottom of the food chain, and I was bullied and harassed by servers on multiple occasions while the managers did nothing about it. The line cooks made some of the young girls uncomfortable, and again management was not helpful in this. This was the type of job that made me afraid to come to work everyday and I had a very hard time staying focused. That being said, the hours were fantastic and I learned a lot in my time there.