East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

Dont work here.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 February 2018
I lost my job cause they owed 120,000$ in back taxes, i still need my ROE, he stole tips out of tip pool regularily. and got screwed on tips 2 days before christmas. Cant do my taxes because of them. Worst. Job. Ever.
Great team member environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON16 February 2018
Good training program. Learned how to deal with guests as well as co-workers but that depends on the owners. There is a disconnect between head office and the restaurant level. More focus on numbers than on great guest service. There are many good people who are not recognized or utilized as much as they could be.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Work life balance
My First Job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 February 2018
It was my first job ever that I got through a friend and it was a lot of fun working as a dishwasher and learning something new everyday working in the kitchen environment
Pros
lots of work
Cons
closing shift
ok place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2018
i had an ok time working there, some of the owners are just about the button line. but besides that it was a good job in the small town i was in. but I dont think i would work there again
hard to work for
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 February 2018
I stared when there reopen. very fast train not enough time to train,
learn . Learn to carry my own float and mange that. Go in find out where about you are on the floor. then try found out last min that changing table when breaks where.
Innapropriate and degrading
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 February 2018
I will never work at an East Side Marios again with how I was treated. It was innapropriate and unprofessional as well as degrading. It has left a bad tasste in my mouth when it comes to the food industry.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I prepared food everyday
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 February 2018
I prepared the food that needed to be ready for the next day I learned I need to talk to someone when I feel like I can’t do something the hardest thing about it was when it got busy and I was doing one thing the whole day .
Pros
Friends coworkers
Cons
Put to much work on me at once
cheap drinks and young crowd
Bartender/waitress (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 February 2018
great before a night out to have inexspensive drinks, cheap appetizers and firiendly atmosphere, and its open late. great location in the downtown area
Pros
cheap food and drinks
Cons
cheap students
Okay..
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 February 2018
Not enough hours, co workers would show up as if they just woke up from bed. Management was good and very friendly. Was a good starter waitress job. The children can be difficult.
Pros
30% days you worked
Cons
not enough hours, children
environnement de travail positif et agréable
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2018
Promouvoit l'entraide et donne une grande importance au travail d'équipe
Working at East Side Marios was a challenging but fair environment
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 January 2018
While employed here the management was pretty on top of everything but there was some disputes between the management themselves that made it challenging to focus while working
not a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
staff is rude. employers are rude.
kitchen is dirty
bugs in food
dish pit was a puddle. not safe for working in. very slipery
not enough parking
not welcoming
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 January 2018
Absolutely loved working here. It was my first job ever and it really shaped the kind of employee that I am today: reliable and fun to be around. I think everything depends on who you're surrounded by though.
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2018
a normal day would be getting to work signing in and started seating my tables. The culture was fun the managers made the work place workable and enjoyable.
Loved meeting new people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2018
I worked at East Side Mario's while I was in my senior year of high school but I knew I would have needed more hours. I enjoyed all of my colleagues. It was perfect for my first job.
Pros
Free lunches
Dont work here.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 January 2018
Both Oshawa locations. Terrible hours, open to close with huge breaks in between. Sometimes as much as 4 hour breaks between shifts. Poor wages. Came in with years of experience and even management experience and still was only given minimum wage. They will constantly try to make you cut corners, and will demean you in front of staff and guests.
Pros
Cons
5 to 6 day weeks getting 30 hours or less. Low wages. High drama. Gross conditions.
Productive Workplace
Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2018
East Side Mario's is an okay work place. The food is great, the service is amazing, but the management, is not so great. Being a server/bartender on busy nights when you're busy not only making drinks for the entire restaurant as well as serving people at your bar and in your section, I have noticed management hides in their office with the door closed and locked. Busy nights we need management out on the floor, in the bar helping. A simple anything you need me to grab. I have been yelled at for things that I have no control over on other servers tables, but I get blamed on. I have worked in other restaurants where the management and the staff have been nothing but amazing to work with. I use to enjoy going to work on daily basis, but with my current job I dread it.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor Managment
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 January 2018
Good place to work for those who are looking for part-time to full-time jobs, fun family atmosphere focused on guest satisfaction and food quality. Great management team
Dont Care
Waitress/Bartender/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 January 2018
The East Side Marios I worked at didn't care about their customers, or their staff, the pay minimal wth no raises and expect you to run around the entire shift (much more work than any other restaurant. Cant keep up with volume of food, or staff appropriately when you know its going to be busy.
Pros
High Volume( can be good tips)
Cons
Everything else everything
Warm, comforting and friendly environment
Server /Hostess/ Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON8 January 2018
Friendly and loving staff, positive yet professional work atmosphere. I learned how to comfortably interact with customers without feeling timid, this job helped me be more confident in talking to people and learning how to work under pressure in a high paced environment.
Pros
Meeting friendly staff
Cons
Short shifts