East Side Mario's Employee Reviews

Steady pace atmosphere
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 July 2018
There is always something to. Difficult to get bored and complacent. Love the environment. Most of the staff are friendly helpful and try to compromise all our guests
Very interesting place to work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dixie, ON4 July 2018
But I gotta admit the weekends do get a bit hectic. Overall my experience at ESM has been great. The work environment is very friendly and they are willing to help you teach things about the job. There are events almost three times a month so you get to have some fun yourself. I would definitely recommend it to a person who has never worked before but they are looking to try out their hand in some type of field.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 July 2018
Management was difficult and staff turn over was high. No consistency in procedures. Lack of teamwork which made for an uncomfortable environment. Wasnt happy here
Nobody likes each other and the work hot and uncomfortable
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 June 2018
It seemed as though everyone hated working with each other when I worked there. No one really cared about the quality of the food and preferential treatment was given to the manager's friends.
Great restaurant but bad management
Server (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 June 2018
I loved the staff who worked there and the job itself. Training was great. Unfortunately the management staff were awful and very rude with their employees.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Awful Management
Good workplace, can be unhealthy occasionally.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON23 June 2018
Very stressful environment, unhealthy to be around too much. Management varies and isn't always in full involvement, back ground checks are questionable.
Pros
Tip out, discount.
Cons
Long hours, stressful and very fast passed.
first job in Canada with good experience
Worked in back area (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 June 2018
the management was really helpful and cooperative. they helped me to improve my skills and gave me the confidence to work in a Canadian environment. I worked there as a part-timer.
Pros
good staff
Cons
less hours
Fun environment and amazing coworkers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 June 2018
Overall, the scheduling system is a bit of a mess, and the salary is less than desired, but it's a fantastic environment to be working in and the staff is absolutely excellent.
Great company
Host (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2018
The management at East Side Mario's allows the workers to develop in the workplace and encourage growth through the company. The employees make the work environment an enjoyable experience and provide a sense of family.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours for all employees
Fast Paced Work Environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 June 2018
I only worked at East Side Marios for a short amount of time as I lived outside of Regina and could not drive but I enjoyed my time there and it was a learning experience.
Terrible Management
Hostess/Food Runner/Busser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 June 2018
The manager honestly has no idea what she is doing. She's just there to be your friend so you can do her dirty work. This was probably the worst way to set foot in the restaurant business.
Cons
mentally and physically draining
kitchen helper
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 May 2018
Good experience. The kitchen staff were nice. Most of the waiters were nice. Good Deals. I did the dishes and prep and do a lot of cleaning. I always arrived early.
Good friendly place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 May 2018
Been there for quite some time but I'm not getting enough hours. I thouroughly enjoy working there but I am looking for something new. Hey budda boom budda bing
Fast paced working environment
Host (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 May 2018
People work in teams, therefore it makes it easy to adapt even for new staffs. Everyone gets a tip out (a dollar per hour), which is nice considering not everyone serves the customers and still you get a piece of the tips. However, I notice that the back of the house has a poor kitchen management.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Open-ended shifts
good place to wrok
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 May 2018
as I worked there I learned the basic rules of a work place and I think if I never went to east side marios to work.i would not be the same person today there managers and supervisors are fantastic
Pros
good food
Cons
good amount of hours
Enjoyable, and fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON10 May 2018
Management was fair, assisted during busy hours, and helpful when needing time off for emergencies. Co-workers kept the workplace drama free (as free as a restaurant can be). Any learning could be completed online, and was paid at normal wage.
Pros
food discounts, easy to trade shifts with co-works
Cons
split shift once and a while
enjoyable enough of a place, but lacks equal opportunity for its kitchen staff
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON7 May 2018
East side Mario's is what you would expect from a kitchen. But hard work and a positive attitude doesn't go a long way. The kitchen employee who complains the most, and pressures ownership the most, benefits the most. Even if they are undeserving.
Pros
accomodating schedual
Cons
lack of opportunity
Fun environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 May 2018
Great place with a wonderful team of hardworking co-workers. Co-workers are always willing to help each other when needed. Management is helpful and understanding.
Pros
Great co-workers
Awful Place
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 April 2018
Managers Harass employees. I was sexually harassed by other employees here as well as the managers. One of the managers use to greet me with "hey there little girl" and winked. They would also under pay us all the time. I would keep my punch cards to make sure I got the right amount, and I would always get $150 less of what I worked. Also one night I was hospitalized for my appendix and the managers got so mad at me, they didn't care that I possibly had appendicitis.The worst place to work.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Managers, Staff, Working environment
productive, fun workplace
Pizza Maker/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  North York, ON27 April 2018
a pretty chill place where you can meet other cool employees and have a good time. a fair amount of kitchen prep, but otherwise it is a fairly easy job that requires speed and memorization of plates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Side Mario's. Our community is ready to answer.